PDA

View Full Version : Jack Conway Donor was a Blagojevich backer and.....

BamaFanNKy
06-16-2010, 03:21 PM
was able to get a state job from Blago.

http://www.chicagobusiness.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?id=15576

Jack, gets money from LG&E and then allows rate hikes. Wonder why Myron Cherry donated to Jack.

BamaFanNKy
06-16-2010, 03:23 PM
More on Myron Cherry: http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/blogs/beltway-confidential/giannoulias-donors-appear-in-blagojevich-court-documents-92182409.html

sailingaway
06-16-2010, 03:48 PM
was able to get a state job from Blago.

http://www.chicagobusiness.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?id=15576

Jack, gets money from LG&E and then allows rate hikes. Wonder why Myron Cherry donated to Jack.

We don't even get Conway's financials because unlike Rand he has asked for an extension to file them....yet wants even more financial info from Rand Rand has no duty to give, at all.

BamaFanNKy
06-16-2010, 03:54 PM
Exactly.

We also need the name Myron Cherry to be out there. This guy is a huge lefty Chicago based guy. This is one of Jack's guys.

This is the lefty staff of Conway:
Media Strategist: Mandy Grunwald of Grunwald Communications has served President Bill Clinton, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton on both her Presidential and Senate campaigns, Senators Ken Salazar, Al Franken, Jeanne Shaheen, and Amy Klobuchar as well as numerous other national leaders. Grunwald also worked for Kentucky Senator Wendell Ford and Governor Wallace Wilkinson.

Campaign Manager: Jonathan Drobis. Drobis has experience in nearly every component of campaigning from working with field operations on Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign to political strategy and direct mail with a prominent consulting firm to his most recent position as Deputy Campaign Manager for Bill Thompson, Democratic candidate for Mayor of New York City.

Press Secretary: Allison Haley. Haley is one of the most experienced communication experts in Kentucky having served as Communications Director for Bruce Lunsford’s U.S. Senate campaign, the Kentucky Democratic Party and House Speaker Pro Team Larry Clark’s office and as a long-time political reporter.

Media Strategist and General Consultant: Mark Riddle of Fletcher Rowley Riddle, has served as Conway’s longtime advisor. His media firm has elected over a dozen Members of Congress and numerous leaders across the country. FRR, Inc has worked for Attorney General Jack Conway, now Congressman Ben Chandler, Mayor Jerry Abramson, Mayor Jim Newberry and elected leaders across Kentucky.

Pollster and Senior Strategist: Pete Brodnitz of Benenson Strategy Group was named Pollster of the Year in 2007. Brodnitz’s firm polls for President Barack Obama, the Democratic National Committee and DSCC Chair Senator Bob Menendez. Their work includes huge Democratic wins for Tim Kaine for Governor, Senators Jim Webb, Jeff Merkley the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee, the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, among others.

Direct Mail and Senior Strategist: Joe Hansen of Ambrosino, Muir & Hansen, a leading direct mail firm that currently represents 20 US Senators and 14 Governors. AM&H was also chosen as the Western region mail firm for the Obama campaign. Joe Hansen has been active in Democratic campaign for 25 years. He has managed 4 successful US States Senate campaigns, and has served as the executive director of the DSCC in the 2000 cycle.

Research and Strategic Positioning: Benjamin Jones of New Partners has served as a lead research strategist with the Obama campaign and the DNC during the 2008 election cycle, and served as Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee's director of research during the 2001-2005 election cycles. Jones has worked with more than 65 campaigns in 27 states, including U.S. Senate, congressional, gubernatorial, mayoral and state legislative races.

Senior Advisor: Charles Halloran of DC-based Spectrum partners boasts a career spanning from Bill Clinton’s New Hampshire Primary through his work at the Democratic National Committee, DCCC and Capitol Hill. Halloran is one of the top campaign operatives in the country, and will now primarily be assisting the campaign from his office in DC. He recently served as general consultant to five winning congressional races in 2008 and played an integral role in Conway’s record-breaking fundraising effort while serving as interim campaign manager.

Aratus
06-17-2010, 10:19 AM
jack conway's folks donate to A.G martha coakley
and a "blago' person has these smilin' jack ties???
can we all say "NETWORKING" happily an' merrily?

BamaFanNKy
06-17-2010, 12:24 PM
The hole goes deeper.

sailingaway
06-17-2010, 12:34 PM
http://www.news-expressky.com/articles/2010/06/12/news/01experts.txt

" Campaign finance reports show that Conway also has received campaign contributions directly from AEP in the past.

According to records with the Kentucky Registry of Election Finance and Federal Election Commission, Conway received $2,000 total from American Electric Power and AEP’s political action committee, Committee for Responsible Government.

The political action committee also donated $1,000 to Conway in his failed 2002 bid for a U.S. House seat.

Johnson answered, “no” when asked if those contributions had any bearing on the involvement of the Attorney General’s office in the Kentucky Power case.

Officials with the U.S. Senate Office of Public Records said Conway has not yet filed a financial disclosure, and has asked for an extension to August to file the required disclosure documentation.

Despite the questions over the involvement of the Attorney General’s office, one party which didn’t agree to the settlement continues to maintain the bigger problem is in the impact the rate hikes will have, particularly on residential and small commercial customers.

Steve Sanders, director of the Appalachian Citizens’ Law Center, and who is representing the Pike County Senior Citizens Programs Inc., said in an interview this week, and a brief filed in the rate case last week, that the rate increase disproportionately passes the increase onto Kentucky Power’s smaller customers. "

How very progressive of Jack.

BamaFanNKy
06-17-2010, 04:08 PM
Hi Jake. Thanks for linking us!

sailingaway
06-17-2010, 04:30 PM
Hi Jake. Thanks for linking us!

Unfortunately it looks like Rand asked for the same extension to file as conway (though only 'Paul misses filing deadline' is the headline) so we can't rub Conway's nose in it.

BamaFanNKy
06-17-2010, 04:42 PM
Unfortunately it looks like Rand asked for the same extension to file as conway (though only 'Paul misses filing deadline' is the headline) so we can't rub Conway's nose in it.

Actually Rand had already filed.

sailingaway
06-17-2010, 04:45 PM
Actually Rand had already filed.

That is what I had thought but look at the articles on the AP today. I have a thread calling them out for being blatantly biased, but they say he filed for an extension.

BamaFanNKy
06-17-2010, 04:53 PM
That is what I had thought but look at the articles on the AP today. I have a thread calling them out for being blatantly biased, but they say he filed for an extension.

It'll be in this week. The forms were never were received.

Aratus
06-18-2010, 12:12 PM

Jake... it seems Jack Conway ducked out of that there energy thingie.
jist when the semi-literate all could compare rand to jack in the same
timespace, the youthful A.G is one big NO SHOW? is he shy? is he trying
to emulate the success strategy of alvin greene via "run silent, run deep"...?

i take it that you are trying to get the photogenic A.G to talk in longish
paragraphs. evidently despite his gettin' thru DUKE U. he sorta avoids
the limelight when its to his advantage. over time, RAND PAUL will have
ALL the voters being very aware of how reasonable Rand can be. the point
he was making in that excerpt from the letter in terms of the dramatic
moment concerning a balcony in eastern europe is that censorship was
endemic in the timeframe of Stalin's ambitions. yalta and potsdam spring
to mind, also churchill's iron curtain speech. young people often do not
think of the cold war unless they are taking a history class or the like.
i know you were mystified when i namedropped good ole wendell willkie.

in terms of the letter "re-surfacing" i have the feeling the C-J lazily held
back on things so as to turn auld news into new news. admittedly i also
have learned how to fling the word agitprop around, even though it actually
has more to do with the 1930s and 1940s than it does the current hour...

senator jim demint now has to debate alvin greene at least once, methinks!
is jack conway going to keep on avoiding rand paul greatly worse than jim demint
may again avoid being in the same camera lens as political newbie alvin greene?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

the AMA has its rules. RAND tends to be blunt and upfront. the five and a quarter minute
video by kelley paul is on the PageOne site. i do admit a cue card was flashed in the
upper corner of the frame some 3:57 minutes in... and yes... the whole thing is looking
rather amature. even so, kelley paul made telling points about the recent media flap.

BamaFanNKy
06-20-2010, 04:44 PM
Rahm attacks Rand? What is it with Chicago guys liking Jack Conway?

BamaFanNKy
06-30-2010, 02:04 PM
Uh oh. Could the Conway-Blago connection get interesting?
http://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/ward-room/Blagojevich-Me-Being-Senator-Would-Be-Obamas-Worst-Nightmare.html

Nathan Hale
06-30-2010, 08:05 PM
I'm surprised that this has yet to be mentioned, but....

Why are we criticizing somebody because of their donors?

If I'm not mistaken, we were long criticized on that very issue.

klamath
06-30-2010, 08:20 PM
Is this going to be the politico version of Next of Kin. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097967/plotsummary

BamaFanNKy
06-30-2010, 08:33 PM
I'm surprised that this has yet to be mentioned, but....

Why are we criticizing somebody because of their donors?

If I'm not mistaken, we were long criticized on that very issue.

Well, his donors..... Are known to donate and then get government contracts. That's why we criticize them.

sailingaway
06-30-2010, 10:16 PM
Well, his donors..... Are known to donate and then get government contracts. That's why we criticize them.

Getting support from your own party is one thing. Tiny, anonomous amounts from people who turn out to be nasty but have no possible expectation of a quid pro quo are also meningless. If a bunch of health care companies or banks or oil/natural gas interests think you are attractive, the question becomes, why?

BamaFanNKy
06-30-2010, 10:50 PM
Getting support from your own party is one thing. Tiny, anonomous amounts from people who turn out to be nasty but have no possible expectation of a quid pro quo are also meningless. If a bunch of health care companies or banks or oil/natural gas interests think you are attractive, the question becomes, why?

You actually believe that Myron Cherry would not expect anything. HE DIRECTS PEOPLE TO FUND CAMPAIGNS! Some of you must really think this is like the racist guy who donated to Ron, it's not. This is a guy who systematically picks certain politicians for his backing then directs his people to donate. Don't fool yourselves, educate yourselves on your enemy.

sailingaway
06-30-2010, 11:42 PM
You actually believe that Myron Cherry would not expect anything. HE DIRECTS PEOPLE TO FUND CAMPAIGNS! Some of you must really think this is like the racist guy who donated to Ron, it's not. This is a guy who systematically picks certain politicians for his backing then directs his people to donate. Don't fool yourselves, educate yourselves on your enemy.

I was agreeing with you. The racist guy was that tiny donor who turned out to be nasty but could have no possible expectation of a quid pro quo. Cherry is more like the health industry companies donating to him to keep Obamacare money coming...

BamaFanNKy
06-30-2010, 11:43 PM
I was agreeing with you. The racist guy was that tiny donor who turned out to be nasty but could have no possible expectation of a quid pro quo. Cherry is more like the health industry companies donating to him to keep Obamacare money coming...

Sorry, brain is mush. I've read way to many accounts about the Trail of Tears from Mississippi tonight (family genealogy).

sailingaway
06-30-2010, 11:45 PM
Sorry, brain is mush. I've read way to many accounts about the Trail of Tears from Mississippi tonight (family genealogy).

Ouch. He was great on the central bank, but that part, definitely not.

BamaFanNKy
07-19-2010, 02:56 PM
Uh oh. He's all over the Blago blog.