PDA

View Full Version : Why Dems Won't Impeach

andrewgreve
10-13-2007, 04:48 PM
Digg headline/byline: "Ralph Nader on why Dems won't impeach Bush: Bush would declare martial law"

"This is unbelievable...several communities in Massachusetts passed resolutions to impeach Bush and presented the information to a Democratic congressman, and he said that if the Dems were to try impeaching Bush, he would attack Iran and declare martial law to cancel the 2008 elections."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIO-tCPSfHA

CurtisLow
10-13-2007, 05:13 PM
Yeah, some real shit aint it.... Someone else posted it too.

andrewgreve
10-13-2007, 05:16 PM
Someone else posted it too.

Sorry for the repost. You're right tho, this is some crazy stuff. I'm reminded of the time the coup faction sent anthrax to a couple Congressman to get Congress to pass the Patriot Act...

erowe1
10-13-2007, 05:33 PM
That's a ridiculous explanation. The only reason they say that is because it makes them sound like the good guys. It's pure partisan platitudes.

In order to impeach they have to find him guilty of crimes. I can see ways to do that since the Constitution is the law of the land. But at any point where you find him in violation of the Constitution (and there are many), you will also find that there are plenty of other people in both parties who were actively complicit. So that sort of basis for impeachment will never hold water in practice.

Practically speaking, to impeach a President, you have to find them guilty of some other law on an individual basis, not something based on the policies they have promoted and followed.

Omnis
10-13-2007, 05:34 PM
If they impeach Bush, they'll also have to impeach everyone who voted for the Patriot Act.

erowe1
10-13-2007, 05:35 PM
If they impeach Bush, they'll also have to impeach everyone who voted for the Patriot Act.

Exactly, along with many other laws.

Omnis
10-13-2007, 11:44 PM
That in itself represents an extermination of congress. That's the real reason why democrats have their nuts in a vice.

thuja
10-13-2007, 11:56 PM
ok, check out www.pledgetoimpeach.org

noxagol
10-14-2007, 05:23 AM
We need a purging of Congress. Not but one person deserves to stay really. I mean, you know something is bad when it has an approval rating worse than bush!