PDA

View Full Version : 20 minute meeting?!

DjLoTi
06-16-2010, 02:00 PM
Headline from Drudge. Obama spent only 20 minutes in a meeting with BP CEO and others discussing the oil gulf spill. The meeting went on for hours, but bigO couldn't hang for half an hour.

I guess he was too busy on that golf swing. We should make a cartoon of Obama golfing on the beach with the oil out to sea. That'd be a great political cartoon. We need to go on the attack. Where is the old RPF spirit at?

Austrian Econ Disciple
06-16-2010, 02:04 PM
Headline from Drudge. Obama spent only 20 minutes in a meeting with BP CEO and others discussing the oil gulf spill. The meeting went on for hours, but bigO couldn't hang for half an hour.

I guess he was too busy on that golf swing. We should make a cartoon of Obama golfing on the beach with the oil out to sea. That'd be a great political cartoon. We need to go on the attack. Where is the old RPF spirit at?

Um, the majority of people here don't want to empower the executive branch, or the Federal Government. What the fuck is Obama going to do? Wave his magical wand and fix the spill?

pacelli
06-16-2010, 02:04 PM
Where is the transcript of the meeting?

DjLoTi
06-16-2010, 02:06 PM
Where is the transcript of the meeting?

I wish the media would be that good. All they have is this lame article
http://www.reuters.com/article/latestCrisis/idUSN16174261

DjLoTi
06-16-2010, 02:07 PM
Um, the majority of people here don't want to empower the executive branch, or the Federal Government. What the fuck is Obama going to do? Wave his magical wand and fix the spill?

If I was the president I think I would have a vested interest in what was happening in that meeting.

MelissaWV
06-16-2010, 02:12 PM
Obama can't really do anything but nag at organizations right now. He needs to attend meetings to figure out what points he'll emphasize as he pushes for new legislation regarding future situations along these lines and energy in general.

Twenty minutes... isn't that about how long he spent in his "meeting" with the American people via television? And most of that time was spent telling us who our new overlords on the matter are.

*sighs* I hate this mess.

Austrian Econ Disciple
06-16-2010, 02:12 PM
If I was the president I think I would have a vested interest in what was happening in that meeting.

So this is about appearance and not substance? The President doesn't know the first thing about oil cleanup and I for one would like to see him stay the hell away. Last thing we need is him mucking up everything even worse than it all ready is.

Uncap that fucking liability and let the suing begin, and we would see BP fix this ASAP.

Sarge
06-16-2010, 02:14 PM
Hey all you small people shut up. BP is putting up 20B in a fund. Then the mofo calls us all small people. I am not a fricking midget.

http://newsolio.com/bp-suspends-dividend-20-billion-fund-set-up-in-oil-spill-aftermath,10875

How about another fund to pay the fines for all the pollution. I hope all the small animals in the Florida Everglades don't get killed.

The snob needs a lesson in humility.

sevin
06-16-2010, 02:15 PM

Thread winner.

DjLoTi
06-16-2010, 02:17 PM
Twenty minutes... isn't that about how long he spent in his "meeting" with the American people via television?

I'm pretty sure he spends a lot of time golfing. I kind of wish we could go golfing on his head right now. I bet there's a lot of open space.

DjLoTi
06-16-2010, 02:18 PM
Uncap that fucking liability and let the suing begin

This is obvious and retarded and I really hope that stupid 'law' is not going to hold up..

Vessol
06-16-2010, 02:20 PM
Sorry, I'm with Ron Paul on this.

Obama is getting blamed for the wrong things.

He should be blamed for the fact that the government is hampering private property owners from protecting their property and the fact that he is PROTECTING BP WITH LIABILITY CAPS.

He should NOT be blamed for "not getting involved enough". I'd be happier infact if he just stopped getting involved at all. But, nope. Thanks to nationalism we need a BIG DADDY looking out for us and fixing all our problems. God damn I hate nationalism.

moostraks
06-16-2010, 02:21 PM
Hey all you small people shut up. BP is putting up 20B in a fund. Then the mofo calls us all small people. I am not a fricking midget.

http://newsolio.com/bp-suspends-dividend-20-billion-fund-set-up-in-oil-spill-aftermath,10875

How about another fund to pay the fines for all the pollution. I hope all the small animals in the Florida Everglades don't get killed.

The snob needs a lesson in humility.

Snob is putting it nicely for what I am thinking right now about that pretentious prick...

Sarge
06-16-2010, 02:23 PM
Well, I did have to edit and tone down my post.

I suspect when enough hear about it, his ears will be ringing non stop.

Vessol
06-16-2010, 02:34 PM
BP is not allowed to "choose" how much they pay out. Let a court of law decide that, it will come straight from the companies assets and the executives.

DjLoTi
06-16-2010, 03:14 PM
Honestly, just like Chris Matthews says a few days ago on MSNBC, I wish I saw a little more executive command. It's not that I want him to have 'more power' or for him to be 'a dictator', I just wish they were more proactive and constructive in making sure this problem is taken care of. He's too busy doing too much BS like giving speeches and places or playing golf. LEEEEEEEEEE SIGH

Travlyr
06-16-2010, 03:22 PM
Honestly, just like Chris Matthews says a few days ago on MSNBC, I wish I saw a little more executive command. It's not that I want him to have 'more power' or for him to be 'a dictator', I just wish they were more proactive and constructive in making sure this problem is taken care of. He's too busy doing too much BS like giving speeches and places or playing golf. LEEEEEEEEEE SIGH

Specifically, if you was president, what would you be doing about BP?

DjLoTi
06-16-2010, 03:27 PM
I'm not president, but I would allow other companies to help, other countries to help, and try to get something where volunteers can help. I would do a lot of things, and get other people to do some other things to help clean up and end this mess. Seriously, has Obama done ANYTHING to help proactively affect either the short-term or long-term solutions besides try and pretend a new climate bill will solve our problems?

someperson
06-16-2010, 03:29 PM
So this is about appearance and not substance? The President doesn't know the first thing about oil cleanup and I for one would like to see him stay the hell away. Last thing we need is him mucking up everything even worse than it all ready is.

Uncap that fucking liability and let the suing begin, and we would see BP fix this ASAP.
This. If that last part was done, BP would likely begin hiring other countries and, previously, volunteers to help lol

Travlyr
06-16-2010, 03:31 PM
I'm not president, but I would allow other companies to help, other countries to help, and try to get something where volunteers can help. I would do a lot of things, and get other people to do some other things to help clean up and end this mess. Seriously, has Obama done ANYTHING to help proactively affect either the short-term or long-term solutions besides try and pretend a new climate bill will solve our problems?

I'm not sure what Obama has done to help end this disaster, but I do like your approach... allow others help put an end to this devastation.

tpreitzel
06-16-2010, 03:39 PM
Svanberg's slip of the lip, "small people", simply reveals his part of a larger ruling class. These people feel their destiny is to rule us "small people". Biden just reinforced his membership in the "ruling class" when he stated that he was "proud to be a politician". What "small person" would be PROUD to be a politician? Any "small person" dreaming of being POTUS needs see a psychiatrist before his or her condition worsens. Most "small people" simply want jobs to feed their families and raise their kids normally, not rule someone's life.

Notice, however, how these self-appointed rulers around the globe have been doing a terrific job with Katrina and BP's "little people" fiasco in the Gulf of Mexico. The federal government simply stonewalls the actions of the governor of Louisiana with bureaucratic red-tape of the EPA.

ALL of these bureaucratic clowns and agencies need to be removed from power before they destroy us "small people" with their unique brand parasitic "wisdom".

Sarge
06-17-2010, 02:13 AM
Just checking in on you "small people" with your small problems and other small things before we head out of State for a small visit.

Have a small day and make a small amount of money so you don't upset Svanberg.

:)

moostraks
06-17-2010, 06:11 AM
Svanberg's slip of the lip, "small people", simply reveals his part of a larger ruling class. These people feel their destiny is to rule us "small people". Biden just reinforced his membership in the "ruling class" when he stated that he was "proud to be a politician". What "small person" would be PROUD to be a politician? Any "small person" dreaming of being POTUS needs see a psychiatrist before his or her condition worsens. Most "small people" simply want jobs to feed their families and raise their kids normally, not rule someone's life.

Notice, however, how these self-appointed rulers around the globe have been doing a terrific job with Katrina and BP's "little people" fiasco in the Gulf of Mexico. The federal government simply stonewalls the actions of the governor of Louisiana with bureaucratic red-tape of the EPA.

ALL of these bureaucratic clowns and agencies need to be removed from power before they destroy us "small people" with their unique brand parasitic "wisdom".

well said...If they want class warfare a few more dismissive comments from those elite jerks will pretty much have those of us "little" folks ready to hand them something on a platter and it won't be lobster.

Warrior_of_Freedom
06-17-2010, 07:41 AM
Why is it called a spill anyway? That's like me dropping a cup of coffee and calling it a coffee leak.

RyanRSheets
06-17-2010, 08:39 AM

There's lots of legit things he could do, or at least that he could probably push through Congress:
- Open up the waters so that anyone who wants to come help, can.
- Declare the floating oil to be free for the taking so that all that floating money might find its way to our gas tanks.
- Repeal the Jones Act.
- Refuse to make the 20 billion dollar deal which is nothing more than a bailout of BP.
- Lift all restrictions on nuclear energy.

I'm sure there's a bunch more, but those are some that seemed obvious to me.

roho76
06-17-2010, 08:42 AM
Headline should have read something like this:

"Obama reads cliff notes for meeting he had with BP CEO"