PDA

View Full Version : NH: Fred v. Ron

Bradley in DC
10-13-2007, 04:11 PM
http://mpinkeyes.wordpress.com/2007/10/13/fred-thompson-versus-ron-paul-in-new-hampshire/

Matt Collins
10-17-2007, 07:04 PM
Yes, Fred is our biggest thread and Huckabee being our second biggest threat.

kylejack
10-17-2007, 07:11 PM
Best comment on that page:
Bob McCarty Writes has learned that officials with the Republican Party have issued an Amber Alert for Fred Thompson. A GOP spokesperson made the announcement and confirmed an Associated Press report that the former U.S. senator from Tennessee was missing from the campaign trail and had canceled at least one scheduled event in New Hampshire over the weekend. Anyone who sees the former Law and Order actor is asked to contact the Republican Party Headquarters in Washington, D.C., toll-free at the number below: 1-888-FIND-FRED (888-346-3733)

Anyway, I wouldn't count Mitt out in New Hampshire. He's bombarding that place with ads and has been for months, and he was governor of a neighboring state with a closely tied economy. He could easily be a real factor.

jgmaynard
10-17-2007, 07:28 PM
Yeah, I see Romney getting the pickup here that Kerry did in 04 from being from a neighboring state. But, I also see that as being mainly a name-recognition thing, which if true, would make Romney's support a mile wide and only an inch thin. Once the TV ads start running here, we'll ssee a definate pickup in the name recognition, IMNSHO.

JM

kylejack
10-17-2007, 08:13 PM
Yeah, I see Romney getting the pickup here that Kerry did in 04 from being from a neighboring state. But, I also see that as being mainly a name-recognition thing, which if true, would make Romney's support a mile wide and only an inch thin. Once the TV ads start running here, we'll ssee a definate pickup in the name recognition, IMNSHO.
No doubt. Most of these top tier candidates may have a pretty face, but they have glass jaws. Scratch just below the surface and you discover things about them that should horrify the Republican base. Significant name recognition, policy recognition, and integrity recognition is just the fist we need to shatter those glass jaws. They're paper tigers, and they'll be easy to topple if we can do a good job of delivering the message.

Primbs
10-17-2007, 09:49 PM
Romney is the big threat because he can pour in five million dollars into the last week of the New Hamsphire primary. He will bus in people from all over the country and put them up into hotels that he will pay for. They will be in the streets of New Hampshire.

This is the Romney threat.

V-rod
10-17-2007, 10:31 PM
The writer mentioned Fred will get more popular once his message is out there. What message is that?? :confused:

terlinguatx
10-17-2007, 10:42 PM

kylejack
10-17-2007, 11:01 PM
WTF. Romney is leading the NH polls, why would they vote for a doofus southerner?
Uhhh.....he was the governor of Massachussetts. He's been bombarding the state with ads. He's previously from Michigan and Utah, no relation to the South.

Eric21ND
10-18-2007, 03:14 AM
Uhhh.....he was the governor of Massachussetts. He's been bombarding the state with ads. He's previously from Michigan and Utah, no relation to the South.

I think he was refering to Fred...

Johnnybags
10-18-2007, 05:23 AM
to be in position to win or be close. Depends on turnout.

625 Meetup members recruit 4 voters who recruit 4 more who recruit 4 more.

625+2500+10000+40000 gets us real close.

Interesting thing about NH is McCain has a built in base. He will take 10% +/- 2%.

Leaves about 90% up for grabs. take out 6-8 percent for all the others

Leaves about 80% to split between Mitt,Fred,Ghouls, Paul

250,000 votes X 80% + 200,000 split between the 4 left

Winner will need at least 30 % of this pool

60k votes