PDA

View Full Version : Mullins: "Could place land mines along the Mexican border"

Lucille
06-15-2010, 08:39 AM
Good Lord (http://dailycaller.com/2010/06/14/mine-the-border-candidate-says-its-an-option/). What sort of sick bastard would suggest something like that, and what sort of sick bastard considers it a viable option?

Asked Monday to clarify, Tom Mullins emphasized that he does not advocate doing so.

Oh, well then. That makes it all OK.

Nice going, NM GOP. You've got yourself a real winner there...

slothman
06-15-2010, 12:04 PM
I'm not saying it is good but what is the difference
between that and a wall with machinegunners?
Or even only allowing through checkpoints needing
required visas with arresting if they drive through?

dannno
06-15-2010, 12:12 PM
I'm not saying it is good but what is the difference
between that and a wall with machinegunners?
Or even only allowing through checkpoints needing
required visas with arresting if they drive through?

There is a huge difference between landmines and ALL of those things. Think about it.

Dave76
06-15-2010, 12:13 PM
http://rawstory.com/rs/2010/0614/republican-suggests-mining-usmexico-border/

ronpaulhawaii
06-15-2010, 10:22 PM
makes HuffPost

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/06/15/tom-mullins-new-mexico-co_n_612482.html

(((((grrrrrr....)))))

We were ready to give the Dem Machine a helluva run for their money, instead the GOP Machine went with this tool...

:mad:

slothman
06-16-2010, 12:14 AM
There is a huge difference between landmines and ALL of those things. Think about it.

How are guns pointed at you different from mines "pointed" at you?
You can die either way.
Just put up a sign, "Warning Mines."

This, of course, ignores treaties against mines the US signed.

0zzy
06-16-2010, 01:09 AM
You can die either way.

ah, what?

Or even only allowing through checkpoints needing required visas with arresting if they drive through?

Yes, putting up landmines on the border is different then checking someone's visa.

And even with "machine guns," those are operated by a person. Landmines, they are not.

you can't see the difference? really? a toothpick can kill you. doesn't mean you compare a toothpick with a landmine.

Lucille
06-16-2010, 09:54 AM
makes HuffPost

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/06/15/tom-mullins-new-mexico-co_n_612482.html

(((((grrrrrr....)))))

We were ready to give the Dem Machine a helluva run for their money, instead the GOP Machine went with this tool...

Idiots! The establishment will never learn...

I really wish Adam would run as an Independent. I don't even know if he can at this point, but this land mine outrage is as excellent reason for Adam to pull his support from Mullins and run against both of those tools.

Dr.3D
06-16-2010, 09:59 AM
You can die either way.

Better have at least two languages on those signs and hope people can read.

Of course another option would be to put up an electric fence, just have to make sure people know it is electrified. ;)

angelatc
06-16-2010, 10:01 AM
makes HuffPost

(((((grrrrrr....)))))

Because they'd rather have a Democrat in that seat than an anti-war Republican. That's why they elections in 2006, before the economy started crumbling.

Travlyr
06-16-2010, 10:03 AM
Mullins said this before the primary vote! Talk about voters being asleep! The GOP gave up a congressional seat by backing Mullins instead of Kokesh. Idiots.

slothman
06-16-2010, 11:47 AM
What about putting mines everywhere except the gates?
Both legal and illegal people will have to go through there and the visas will be checked.
There is no waiving your visa at the machinegunner and him not firing at you.
Unless you are thinking about a different way of the gunners not firing at you.

dannno
06-16-2010, 12:10 PM
What about putting mines everywhere except the gates?
Both legal and illegal people will have to go through there and the visas will be checked.
There is no waiving your visa at the machinegunner and him not firing at you.
Unless you are thinking about a different way of the gunners not firing at you.

As 0zzy stated, a machine gun is operated by a person. A landmine does not discriminate. It could blow up a pregnant woman or a child when the use of deadly force is not necessary.

If society and government broke down, and 50 years from now our kids are trying to survive and no longer recognize the US/Mexico border, then they could be blown up.. a machine gunner won't be around that long.. aren't people still being blown up in Vietnam :confused:

I'm pretty much against the idea of landmines, though I could possibly see a very limited scope for their use I would hope the operators would map them out so they can clean them up later.. but what if the operator dies and the map gets blown up? It's really not the most responsible weapon. Maybe if they had a de-activating mechanism built in so they have to be re-activated every few weeks remotely or something..

Dr.3D
06-16-2010, 12:12 PM
As 0zzy stated, a machine gun is operated by a person. A landmine does not discriminate. It could blow up a pregnant woman or a child when the use of deadly force is not necessary.

The question remains, who would deliberately expose their pregnant wife or child to the task of crossing a known mine field?

BlackTerrel
06-16-2010, 04:13 PM
I don't think it's a great idea but I'm not outraged either. Every country has a right to say who they want to let in and who they don't want to let in. If the citizens of the country decide they want to limit immigration they have a right to do so.

You make it known you have landmines here. You put up signs that say "Danger: Landmines" and a pregnant woman still runs across? At some point you have to take responsibility for your own actions. Just like you take responsibility if you run across a busy highway.

How bad a country would Mexico have to be if people were willing to cross a mine field to leave?

specsaregood
06-16-2010, 04:19 PM
You make it known you have landmines here. You put up signs that say "Danger: Landmines" and a pregnant woman still runs across? At some point you have to take responsibility for your own actions. Just like you take responsibility if you run across a busy highway.

Good thing everybody that might go near the area can read english, spanish, etc. :rolleyes: Good thing animals can read signs too. Cars on a busy highway don't hide underground.

The good news is, this might slow the rate of cougars immigrating in from mexico.

BlackTerrel
06-16-2010, 05:56 PM
Good thing everybody that might go near the area can read english, spanish, etc. :rolleyes: Good thing animals can read signs too. Cars on a busy highway don't hide underground.

So somebody can't read English and Spanish. They also have not heard from the news, or from friends about this new policy. And this person is going to cross the border from Mexico to the US?

Sounds highly unlikely. How would such a disconnected person even know where the border is?

phill4paul
06-16-2010, 06:02 PM
Better yet lets place land mines all over the U.S.! On any corner or street. They would only be activated unless someone within 5ft didn't have an citizenship card with an RFID that would deactivate it. That's the ticket!

White Knight
06-18-2010, 01:39 AM
I've for years said we should do this, as long as there are signs in Spanish with plenty of warning signs. How about watchtowers with shoot-to-kill orders? Immigration problems solved.

libertybrewcity
06-18-2010, 02:13 PM
lol, there goes his campaign. kokesh wouldn't have made this mistake!

White Knight
06-18-2010, 03:52 PM
lol, there goes his campaign. kokesh wouldn't have made this mistake!

This is NM, it might help his campaign.

libertybrewcity
06-18-2010, 05:05 PM
This is NM, it might help his campaign.

isn't there a heavily hispanic population that wouldn't take favorably to this comment?

White Knight
06-18-2010, 07:51 PM
isn't there a heavily hispanic population that wouldn't take favorably to this comment?

Yes, but many don't or can't vote, and there's also a heavy conservative population that is fed up with border violence.

John Taylor
06-22-2010, 03:04 PM
Just read up on the Cordon sanitaire in Algeria. There's nothing wrong with using lethal force to secure the border whatsoever, especially with hundreds of OTM's from central asia and leading terror-sponsoring countries entering monthly.

There'd be no problem if there was a double fence put up with mines in-between and a patrol road on the northern side. It'd be effective.