MsDoodahs
06-15-2010, 08:22 AM
http://www.thedestinlog.com/news/pass-30005-nwfdn-command-plans.html

rancher89
06-15-2010, 08:42 AM
good for them

LittleLightShining
06-15-2010, 08:59 AM
Awesome! Been wondering when this type of thing would start in earnest.

Matt Collins
06-15-2010, 09:38 AM
Now if we had more elected officials throughout the country with this type of resolve on everything else the feds and state governments encroach on.

I was just in Destin on Saturday and it was fine! Beautiful as always, and thousands of people milling about. Crab "Island" was awesome as usual.

moostraks
06-15-2010, 09:48 AM
http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq110/Speedo_Ghost/Smiley/thumbsupup.gif Good for them!

Stary Hickory
06-15-2010, 11:50 AM
Really glad to see people stepping up

Vessol
06-15-2010, 12:03 PM
Watch BP and the Government step on them and claim they are endangering themselves are some BS. They can't stand people solving their own problems.

Stary Hickory
06-15-2010, 12:05 PM
Watch BP and the Government step on them and claim they are endangering themselves are some BS. They can't stand people solving their own problems.

Yep this is expected, but both BP and the Gubbamint are in a bad spot right now amonsgt public opinion, they may not want to start a fight on this one, it will only illuminate their own incompetence even more.

erowe1
06-15-2010, 01:38 PM
“We made the decision legislatively to break the laws if necessary. We will do whatever it takes to protect our county’s waterways and we’re prepared to go to jail to do it,” he said.

Where's their county sheriff stand on this? He ought to come out and say that if any federal officials try to interfere with what his county does to protect itself, then they're the ones who will end up in jail.

Stary Hickory
06-15-2010, 01:42 PM
Where's their county sheriff stand on this? He ought to come out and say that if any federal officials try to interfere with what his county does to protect itself, then they're the ones who will end up in jail.

Agreed this is exactly what should happen. Let the FEDs come down on this county for protecting it's coastline and see how that looks. Like I said the FEDs won't touch this one, they would like too, but they will lose a lot of respect and it will make people look very hard at the role government is 'trying" to play in our lives.

Statists and big government types hate attention of that sort.

therepublic
06-15-2010, 02:22 PM
Now this is awesome! Thanks for positing it.

Obama said the very same people who are now asking him (begging) for help are the very same who said he was planning a government takeover.

He is wrong: They just want the bureaucracy to get out of their way, and the money taken from the citizens to run these bureaucracies returned to the people so they can solve the problem...better yet, don't wait for government approval...just do it.

Uriel999
06-15-2010, 02:46 PM
Damn, my neighbors in Destin rule! Good for them and best of luck!

romacox
06-15-2010, 04:33 PM
There is much about Palin that I do not agree with. But the other day (on Freedom Watch) she said "In Alaska we learned not to depend on the oil companies, or on the government...to depend on each other to protect the land". She hit the nail on the head there.

When Nashville was flooded they organized, and helped each other. When the Red Cross got there, they were surprised that citizens were already helping each other.

Having been raised on cattle ranches 50 miles from any city service, I cannot help but wounder how so many Americans ever became so programed to be reduced to mere beggars. They are programed to become slaves. I am referring to those who beg obama to lift the bureaucratic departments that keep blocking States from protecting their marshes and beaches as the oil destroys their State.

I can't help but respect Sheriff Mack (who protected his citizens as they rebuilt a needed bridge, and which was being blocked by the BLM), The Arizona Governor and Sheriff Arpao (who are protecting their citizens from horrendous crime being assaulted against them).

It gives me pride to hear that Akaloosa Florida (my State) has the guts to take charge, and get the job done. Support your States Tenth Amendment Resolution.

YouTube - Ron Paul, CNBC, 6/15/2010 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oilp5hhR0X0&feature=player_embedded)

romacox
06-15-2010, 05:10 PM
There is much about Palin that I do not agree with. But the other day (on Freedom Watch) she said "In Alaska we learned not to depend on the oil companies, or on the government...to depend on each other to protect the land". She hit the nail on the head there.

When Nashville was flooded they organized, and helped each other. When the Red Cross got there, they were surprised that citizens were already helping each other.

Having been raised on cattle ranches 50 miles from any city service, I cannot help but wounder how so many Americans ever became so programed to be reduced to mere beggars. They are programed to become slaves. I am referring to those who beg obama to lift the bureaucratic departments that keep blocking States from protecting their marshes and beaches as the oil destroys their State.

I can't help but respect Sheriff Mack (who protected his citizens as they rebuilt a needed bridge, and which was being blocked by the BLM), The Arizona Governor and Sheriff Arpao (who are protecting their citizens from horrendous crime being assaulted against them).

It gives me pride to hear that Akaloosa Florida (my State) has the guts to take charge, and get the job done. Support your States Tenth Amendment Resolution.

YouTube - Ron Paul, CNBC, 6/15/2010 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oilp5hhR0X0&feature=player_embedded)

P.S. Palin's advice to Louisiana was do what they needed to do to protect their shores, and ask forgiveness later. Listen up Gulf States, and tell your State Representatives.

nateerb
06-15-2010, 05:46 PM
No one, no one in Okaloosa will be imprisoned by Federal officials for this. No one.

You know what I am talking about, make the stand people.