PDA

View Full Version : Paying the piper: China wants U.S. technology (the blackmail starts)

lynnf
06-15-2010, 04:37 AM
http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=166573

China is applying pressure on the United States to lift export limits on technology with military uses, even as Beijing poses an increasing strategic challenge to the U.S., according to a report from Joseph Farah's G2 Bulletin.

catdd
06-15-2010, 04:43 AM
And the only way out is to pay them our bill which we cannot do without printing it which would create more inflation.

GunnyFreedom
06-15-2010, 05:58 AM
Gotta love that whole "It's all Clinton and Obama's Fault" spin they put behind it. :rolleyes:

Elle
06-15-2010, 08:29 AM
Gotta love that whole "It's all Clinton and Obama's Fault" spin they put behind it. :rolleyes:

Well can't we just give them Clinton and Obama and call it good. ;)

Kotin
06-15-2010, 08:33 AM
Well can't we just give them Clinton and Obama and call it good. ;)

Well, it's a good start..

TC95
06-15-2010, 12:13 PM
May as well just give 'em what they want. We're their slaves now.

"The rich ruleth over the poor, and the borrower is servant to the lender." Proverbs 22:7

Anti Federalist
06-15-2010, 12:20 PM
Mostly unreported in the US:

The uninvited guest: Chinese sub pops up in middle of U.S. Navy exercise, leaving military chiefs red-faced

By MATTHEW HICKLEY

Last updated at 00:13 10 November 2007

American military chiefs have been left dumbstruck by an undetected Chinese submarine popping up at the heart of a recent Pacific exercise and close to the vast U.S.S. Kitty Hawk - a 1,000ft supercarrier with 4,500 personnel on board.

By the time it surfaced the 160ft Song Class diesel-electric attack submarine is understood to have sailed within viable range for launching torpedoes or missiles at the carrier.

According to senior Nato officials the incident caused consternation in the U.S. Navy.

The Americans had no idea China's fast-growing submarine fleet had reached such a level of sophistication, or that it posed such a threat.

One Nato figure said the effect was "as big a shock as the Russians launching Sputnik" - a reference to the Soviet Union's first orbiting satellite in 1957 which marked the start of the space age.

The incident, which took place in the ocean between southern Japan and Taiwan, is a major embarrassment for the Pentagon.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-492804/The-uninvited-guest-Chinese-sub-pops-middle-U-S-Navy-exercise-leaving-military-chiefs-red-faced.html#ixzz0qwmvuHYH

Anti Federalist
06-15-2010, 12:21 PM
May as well just give 'em what they want. We're their slaves now.

"The rich ruleth over the poor, and the borrower is servant to the lender." Proverbs 22:7

No we're not, we get cheap shit to fill up the Wal Marx stores.

Free trade, baby.

Stary Hickory
06-15-2010, 12:23 PM
Send them all the politicians who voted for spending deficits....we just put them on a boat and send them to China and say here are the guys who owe you all this money. I certainly have not borrowed from China, and I most certainly was desparately trying to stop them from spending.

There are about what? 2000 politicians responsible for borrowing this money? And they borrowed for unlawful unconstituional purposes. So we send them exactly those INDIVIDUALS responsible for the spending.

Anti Federalist
06-15-2010, 12:25 PM
Send them all the politicians who voted for spending deficits....we just put them on a boat and send them to China and say here are the guys who owe you all this money. I certainly have not borrowed from China, and I most certainly was desparately trying to stop them from spending.

There are about what? 2000 politicians responsible for borrowing this money? And they borrowed for unlawful unconstituional purposes. So we send them exactly those INDIVIDUALS responsible for the spending.

I like that idea.

catdd
06-15-2010, 12:28 PM
"Send them all the politicians who voted for spending deficits....we just put them on a boat and send them to China and say here are the guys who owe you all this money. I certainly have not borrowed from China, and I most certainly was desparately trying to stop them from spending.

There are about what? 2000 politicians responsible for borrowing this money? And they borrowed for unlawful unconstituional purposes. So we send them exactly those INDIVIDUALS responsible for the spending"

Yeah, maybe they will do us all a favor and shoot them in the head when they don't cough up the money.

TC95
06-15-2010, 12:34 PM
Mostly unreported in the US:

The uninvited guest: Chinese sub pops up in middle of U.S. Navy exercise, leaving military chiefs red-faced

By MATTHEW HICKLEY

Last updated at 00:13 10 November 2007

American military chiefs have been left dumbstruck by an undetected Chinese submarine popping up at the heart of a recent Pacific exercise and close to the vast U.S.S. Kitty Hawk - a 1,000ft supercarrier with 4,500 personnel on board.

By the time it surfaced the 160ft Song Class diesel-electric attack submarine is understood to have sailed within viable range for launching torpedoes or missiles at the carrier.

According to senior Nato officials the incident caused consternation in the U.S. Navy.

The Americans had no idea China's fast-growing submarine fleet had reached such a level of sophistication, or that it posed such a threat.

One Nato figure said the effect was "as big a shock as the Russians launching Sputnik" - a reference to the Soviet Union's first orbiting satellite in 1957 which marked the start of the space age.

The incident, which took place in the ocean between southern Japan and Taiwan, is a major embarrassment for the Pentagon.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-492804/The-uninvited-guest-Chinese-sub-pops-middle-U-S-Navy-exercise-leaving-military-chiefs-red-faced.html#ixzz0qwmvuHYH

Apparently, that's not the only time that's ever happened.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/06/12/china.submarine/

rancher89
06-15-2010, 01:34 PM
I know this is serious, but I couldn't help but think of this onion episode:

http://www.theonion.com/articles/report-china-to-overtake-us-as-worlds-biggest-assh,17277/