PDA

View Full Version : Egypt official: U.S. president claims to be Muslim

lynnf
06-15-2010, 03:26 AM
I'd say this explains a whole lot!

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=166905

In the report, Egyptian Foreign Minister Ahmed Aboul Gheit was quoted as saying during an appearance on Nile TV that, "The American president told me in confidence that he is a Muslim."

The White House remained silent on the comment, declining to respond to a WND request for comment.

But blogger Pamela Geller at Atlas Shrugs wrote, "This is akin to an SS officer getting elected president during WW II. Every country in the free world must be cognizant of such a catastrophic sea change in the leadership of the free world (as witnessed by events over the past year). This changes everything. He took an oath to protect and defend the Constitution, and yet he has gone around the world promoting Islam, the Shariah (Islamic law)."

Kotin
06-15-2010, 03:27 AM
hahaha...

jkr
06-15-2010, 08:06 AM
YoU
LiE
!

Bruno
06-15-2010, 08:45 AM
Interesting. It would be good to have more details of that conversation he claims to have had with Obama.

roho76
06-15-2010, 08:55 AM
Hearsay is dangerous. Did he have another version of his birth certificate too.

Roxi
06-15-2010, 09:30 AM
1 - don't listen to world net daily

2 - I will need proof he even said that publicly before believing it

3 - I don't give a shit if hes a muslim, but he should admit it if he is.

and this

But blogger Pamela Geller at Atlas Shrugs wrote, "This is akin to an SS officer getting elected president during WW II.

is just ridiculous, prejudice, and unintelligent babble.

LittleLightShining
06-15-2010, 09:36 AM
1 - don't listen to world net daily

2 - I will need proof he even said that publicly before believing it

3 - I don't give a shit if hes a muslim, but he should admit it if he is.

and this

is just ridiculous, prejudice, and unintelligent babble.

Couldn't agree more. I'm getting tired of the Muslim xenophobia.

Krugerrand
06-15-2010, 09:59 AM
It makes no sense to me. Why would Lord Barry say such a thing? I would think it would make him look worse to claim being a Muslim that presents himself to the world as a Christian.

kahless
06-15-2010, 10:06 AM
It makes no sense to me. Why would Lord Barry say such a thing? I would think it would make him look worse to claim being a Muslim that presents himself to the world as a Christian.

Maybe you are saying he puts on a Christian foreign policy face. If so one could say that face would be for American consumption while you make progress putting on a Muslim face when working with the Muslim world. Makes sense to me in that respect but again I do not see him presenting himself as a Christian.

Elwar
06-15-2010, 10:07 AM
He told me in confidence that he was jewish.

Krugerrand
06-15-2010, 10:09 AM
The faith he's demonstrated the most is self-worship.

TC95
06-15-2010, 10:56 AM
He told me in confidence that he was jewish.

He told me that he's the anti-christ.

BlackTerrel
06-15-2010, 04:34 PM
Yawn.... don't these people ever get tired of promoting their paranoia?

There will always be 10-20% of people who say he is Muslim. Just like there are 10-20% who say "Bush did 9/11".

Whether they actually believe it or will just agree to anything "negative" about them is anyone's guess. But my guess is it's the latter.

BlackTerrel
06-15-2010, 04:38 PM
http://blog.seattlepi.com/seattlepolitics/archives/199166.asp

A new national Louis Harris poll finds that a majority of Republicans believe that President Obama is a Muslim, while 45 percent agree with the so-called "Birthers" that the president was "not born in the United States."

The poll of 2,230 Americans, taken during last weekend's health care showdown in the House of Representatives, shows how successful Obama's opponents have been in demonizing the 44th president.

Full results are expected tomorrow, but preliminary findings were released in The Daily Beast by John Avlon, whose book "Wingnuts" details the hyper-partisanship that has swept America since 2008.

According to the poll, 57 percent of Republicans, and 32 percent of Americans overall, believe that Barack Obama is a Muslim. The opinion comes despite Obama's description in his bestseller, "The Audacity of Hope", of his adoption of the Christian faith.

The poll found that 45 percent of Republicans, and 25 percent in the overall survey, agree with Birthers that Obama was "not born in the United States and so is not eligible to be president."

Even Fox News pundits, notably Bill O'Reilly, have dismissed the Birthers' claims. The state of Hawaii produced Obama's birth certificate during the 2008 campaign.

Another eye-opening finding: 38 percent of Republicans, and 20 percent of Americans overall, agree that Obama is "doing many things Hitler did."

And 24 percent of Republicans, and 14 percent overall, agree that Obama "may be the antiChrist."

The poll found that voters lacking a college education are much more likely to agree with more extreme myths and rumors about the 44th president.

This is the downside of the internet. Legit news sources could not get away with these sorts of things. But this stuff spreads like wildfire on the internet.

pacelli
06-15-2010, 04:45 PM
Makes sense to me in that respect but again I do not see him presenting himself as a Christian.

YouTube - Barack Obama Slips Up - My Muslim Faith (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18VOGykrgHo)

CasualApathy
06-15-2010, 04:48 PM
Umm, so what even if he was a muslim? Muslims aren't evil satan-spawn you know.

akforme
06-15-2010, 05:00 PM
wouldn't it more in line with liking it to a christian being elected during ww2? Comparing religion with country is like comparing apples to oranges.

John Taylor
06-15-2010, 05:03 PM
Umm, so what even if he was a muslim? Muslims aren't evil satan-spawn you know.

No, but they do worship evil satan's spawn.

nate895
06-15-2010, 05:39 PM
The faith he's demonstrated the most is self-worship.

+1776

I'd much a prefer a Muslim. At least the law would be based on an independent third party source, and not on the musings of his own mind. That is the number one problem, that the law in our day is no longer based off of an objective third party source and the basic principles cannot be changed, but rather the arbitrary thoughts of a few tin pot dictators.

Edit: That being said, I wouldn't want a Muslim either.

dannno
06-15-2010, 05:44 PM
Obama told me that he is a ___________________