yoshimaroka
10-13-2007, 02:46 PM
New interview?

Geronimo
10-13-2007, 02:49 PM
Yes.

ItsTime
10-13-2007, 02:51 PM
thanks for the heads up, reposted on Myspace.

moonbat
10-13-2007, 02:56 PM
Man this Ron Paul guy is getting a lot of press lately. :D

brumans
10-13-2007, 02:57 PM
Man this Ron Paul guy is getting a lot of press lately. :D

Definitely.. he's been talked about every day this week.

Adamsa
10-13-2007, 03:07 PM
Definitely.. he's been talked about every day this week.

I know, it's amazing isn't it, he is definately pushing into the top tier bit by bit.

Tyler19
10-13-2007, 03:32 PM
Ron Paul right up after KILLADELPHIA!

0zzy
10-13-2007, 03:33 PM
wtf is killadelphia rofl

Tyler19
10-13-2007, 03:37 PM
oh fK! that guy just said best kept secret RON PAUL

0zzy
"Best kept secret"
whats that mean :)

skiingff
Coming up next! Everybody tune in!

Geronimo
"He may be the mainstream media's best kept secret".

I wrote a letter to a bunch of NH editors and used that same line.

Tyler19
it probably means there going to smear him

brumans
10-13-2007, 03:38 PM
They just mentioned him.. he's coming after the break.

They said.

"Do you know who this guy is? He just might be the best kept secret in the race to the presidency"

They had a video of him going with the footer saying "Who is Ron Paul?"

Tyler19
10-13-2007, 03:39 PM
Damn It Paul Be Confident!

terlinguatx
10-13-2007, 03:39 PM

torchbearer
10-13-2007, 03:40 PM
An the average Joe starts to think...hmm, media is telling me there is a candidate I might like... hmmm... ok, i'm listening, there was someone I must have overlooked. who is ron paul?

Hope
10-13-2007, 03:41 PM
Youtuuuuube. Please? Someone better post this so I can get in on the action. :P

0zzy
meh. some bashing, but showed the support he has, and mentioned his money, but meh. not very specific on his views, a bit broad, but w.e.

MGreen
They really do find the lowest poll numbers when they do a story about him. CNN posts lower and lower numbers each time they do a story on him. Now, apparently, he's only at 1%.

Geronimo
I hate when the MSN says that he's real famous on the internet.

If the MSM was fair and balanced they wouldn't need to make that claim.

I thought that the report was about as fair and balanced as it should be. They didn't mock him once.

brumans
10-13-2007, 03:42 PM
What kind of bashing was there?

Adamsa
Youtuuuuubbbbeee.

Tyler19
that was perfect, anyone who watched that who doesn't know who Ron Paul is . THERE googling Ron Paul as we speak.

Noog
I thought it was really positive, myself.

JPFromTally
10-13-2007, 03:43 PM
Ironic how the story after that was about federal agents being able to see you naked at the airport.

Prez4TheNet
10-13-2007, 03:43 PM
I thought it was really positive, myself.

except for the fact that they claim that some of his "liberal" followers are unaware of his pro-life stance... lol. I think Paul supporters are generally aware of all his stances.

terlinguatx
10-13-2007, 03:44 PM

BuddyRey
10-13-2007, 03:44 PM
GREAT piece, but the MSM is definitely trying to siphon off RP's potential liberal supporters by using the pro-life label without explaining that he wants to leave the choice up to individual states.

EvilEngineer
10-13-2007, 03:45 PM
That was short..

Noog
10-13-2007, 03:45 PM
except for the fact that they claim that some of his "liberal" followers are unaware of his pro-life stance... lol. I think Paul supporters are generally aware of all his stances.

Yeah, I've never seen any MSM piece that fully explained his stance on abortion.

mport1
10-13-2007, 03:46 PM
Awesome coverage!

0zzy
10-13-2007, 03:46 PM
Can't liberal voters understand that he doesn't have the power to overturn it?
that Bush is pro-life, and we still have what we have?

but ive heard people who dont vote for people just cause their pro-life, its ridiculous.

JosephTheLibertarian
10-13-2007, 03:47 PM
meh. some bashing, but showed the support he has, and mentioned his money, but meh. not very specific on his views, a bit broad, but w.e.

yup.. of course they don't say he's for state's rights, they just say "he's a staunch opponent of abortion and national health care" a Ron Paul administration would allow states to have universal health care and no abortion laws IF that's what the people WANT :)

EvilEngineer
10-13-2007, 03:49 PM
Well, the funny thing is that when they mentioned "his liberal follower may not know" .... is silly bull shit. We all know what stances Dr. Paul has, some are just grown up to see that Dr. Paul symbolizes real change and in a positive direction for once. With Economic Doomsday on the horizon I've got bigger problems on my mind that abortion.

Prez4TheNet
10-13-2007, 03:49 PM
They did go out of the way to warn "liberals" that he is prolife which is a bit of a lie. He' Pro STATE's Choice - he realizes that roe v. wade violates federalism and wants to let the states determine whether or not to allow abortion.

Well, thats both a good and bad thing if you think about it. Registered Republicans are strongly pro-life and not happy with the war will likely have this piece pique their interest. It was generally positive but not fully.. whatever. He is getting more and more MSM coverage and sooner or later, they are going to have to explain his ENTIRE position.

kickzman
10-13-2007, 03:56 PM
If you want a REAL interview check out yesterdays PBS interview it'll blow your socks off.

Bergie Bergeron
10-13-2007, 03:59 PM
If you want a REAL interview check out yesterdays PBS interview it'll blow your socks off.
Link?

Paulitician
10-13-2007, 04:00 PM
I see a pattern here. First Tucker says that some of his supporters don't know what Ron Paul is about. I call bullshit. That may be partially true. However, that is the case with every candidate, moreso than with Paul because I think his supporters are actually very willing and excited to learn about his positions. Anyway, now they're saying his more liberals supporters shouldn't like him because his stance on abortion. Is the media intentionally trying to be divisive, or what? "Oh no conservatives shouldn't vote for him because his foreign policy! Wait, liberals shouldn't vote for him either because of his domestic policy!" Give me a break. And they're also treating Ron Paul like he's trendy. It's only trendy to like him, they say. Then explain why you always go out of your way to ignore, discredit or bash him, media. I see nothing appealing of such trend. Freakin' liars. Reporters don't know crap!

Hurricane Bruiser
10-13-2007, 04:00 PM
good interview. Yep, the PBS interview was much better and longer.

kylejack
10-13-2007, 04:01 PM
Don't care, name recognition.

quickmike
10-13-2007, 04:02 PM

Yeah, my dad who is voting for Ron Paul called me today telling me about how good the PBS thing was.

Dad = former neo-con who was all about going around the world
"kickin' ass" up until about a year ago.

JosephTheLibertarian
10-13-2007, 04:03 PM
I see a pattern here. First Tucker says that some of his supporters don't know what Ron Paul is about. I call bullshit. That may be partially true. However, that is the case with every candidate, moreso than with Paul because I think his supporters are actually very willing and excited to learn about his positions. Anyway, now they're saying his more liberals supporters shouldn't like him because his stance on abortion. Is the media intentionally trying to be divisive, or what? "Oh no conservatives shouldn't vote for him because his foreign policy! Wait, liberals shouldn't vote for him either because of his domestic policy!" Give me a break. And they're also treating Ron Paul like he's trendy. It's only trendy to like him, they say. Then explain why you always go out of your way to ignore, discredit or bash him, media. I see nothing appealing of such trend. Freakin' liars. Reporters don't know crap!

yup.. they didn't even get his views right.

it's not just he's pro life.. he's pro state's right to decide. They're playing with half truths here

Adamsa
10-13-2007, 04:11 PM
Don't care, name recognition.

+1

shell
10-13-2007, 04:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSZklv9jJIA

andrewgreve
10-13-2007, 04:13 PM
The embed feed doesn't work. Here you go: http://www.youtube.com/v/b9s4MLT_M50

Ron Paul Fan
10-13-2007, 04:13 PM
I thought the piece was a decent piece. As others have said, it helps name recognition. If it gets people to research Dr. Paul then they'll probably discover that his pro life position is actually pro states rights and that's what we want. So anything that helps spread the message is generally good.

Flirple
10-13-2007, 04:14 PM
Any press is good press when people don't know who you are.

FluffyUnbound
10-13-2007, 04:14 PM
My only nitpick was that when they asked him if he thought he could win, he was very hesitant.

He's so reflexively honest that he can't be all "rah rah" about his own chances.

Adamsa
10-13-2007, 04:17 PM
Any press is good press when people don't know who you are.

Exactly.

michaelwise
10-13-2007, 04:18 PM
Enjoy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vCujXOsFh0

kylejack
10-13-2007, 04:20 PM
Where's this footage from? NY rally today?

kylejack
10-13-2007, 04:23 PM
He seems to be doing this new thing where he looks to his right on tough questions. I noticed it on the "is it likely you'll win" question here and on the "You're a Libertarian" on the NewsHour interview. Hm.

michaelwise
10-13-2007, 04:25 PM
They used the, If you Google Ron Paul video, on in the segment. Dam them. Now I won't be able to get that stuck song out of my head of the rest of the day.

Daveforliberty
10-13-2007, 04:39 PM
I like the very end of the clip. You hear chanting, "We love you..." Unintentional subliminal message!

Mandrik
10-13-2007, 04:51 PM
Thanks for the upload!

wgadget
10-13-2007, 05:02 PM
My only nitpick was that when they asked him if he thought he could win, he was very hesitant.

He's so reflexively honest that he can't be all "rah rah" about his own chances.

I LIKE his common sense approach to all the questions asked of him. And one thing I can't stand is the candidate that is all "rah rah" about his own chances, e.g. Rude-y Ghouliani.

Their arrogance is nauseating.

kylejack
10-13-2007, 05:03 PM
I saw a Town Hall with Rudy yesterday and he was really trying hard to make the case for how important the War on Terror (TM) is. He was saying that a lot of people think that we can choose whether or not to fight the War on Terror (TM), but we can't because they bring it to our doors.

aksmith
10-13-2007, 05:04 PM
Any press is good press.

Ask Larry Craig if that's true.

Can you win?

Um . . .

Is it likely?

Well . . . um . . . it's a lot more likely than it was before.

First off, this piece wasn't bad. But for the love of God, Ron needs to stop hemming and hawing when they ask him if he can win. I'd rather see him kick them in the balls for asking the question, and when they're down, he should say "I'm a completely serious candidate with credentials and a serious message that needs to be heard. Ask me that again when you finally give me fair coverage and stop lying about my poll numbers." Or something like that.

kylejack
10-13-2007, 05:06 PM
He needs to stay realistic. It looks a lot better than "Sure, I'm going to win :D " because it makes his other explanations seem more credible.

Nearly all coverage is good, so long as they don't accuse him of solicitation in a bathroom.

EvoPro
10-13-2007, 05:25 PM
If they are going to make such a big deal about his poll numbers every single time they talk about him, they should also stress that much of his support is young and also independent/democrat and therefore the polls do not register the majority of his support. Unless they do that, I consider the piece propoganda because of the attempt to discredit.

itsnobody
10-13-2007, 05:34 PM
Enjoy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vCujXOsFh0

Thanks for the youtube

Paul4Prez
10-13-2007, 05:36 PM
The best answer for the "Can you win?" question is "That's up to the American people to decide."

I liked his answer today though -- "It's a lot more likely than it was 6 months ago!" That shows that he has momentum.

werdd
10-13-2007, 05:38 PM
great exposure :D

Nash
10-13-2007, 05:39 PM
I thought it was a really good piece. Yeah the comments on poll numbers was annoying and the whole "what his liberal supporters may not know" comment was uncalled for but the video of the rally and him signing autographs and people with signs was fantastic.

To the average viewer I think it shows he's a legit candidate with a lot of support on the ground. Good stuff.

Dave Wood
10-13-2007, 06:06 PM

Welcome to the boards Shell! :) :)

BillyDkid
10-13-2007, 06:11 PM
yup.. they didn't even get his views right.

it's not just he's pro life.. he's pro state's right to decide. They're playing with half truths hereAnd he recognizes that there may be conditions under which abortion is a justifiable option.

RevolutionSD
10-13-2007, 06:13 PM
If they are going to make such a big deal about his poll numbers every single time they talk about him, they should also stress that much of his support is young and also independent/democrat and therefore the polls do not register the majority of his support. Unless they do that, I consider the piece propoganda because of the attempt to discredit.

Well they need to talk about all the straw polls, phone polls and internet polls that he has won- especially if they are going to lie and say he's polling at 1%. Even the useless official polls have him at 3-4% now.

CNN as well as the rest of the MSM knows that Americans do not want to be associated with a loser, so highlighting low poll numbers is a good way for people to write him off as irrelevant. Still, any press is good press so let's take it in stride and keep doing everything we can at the local level to get this guy elected!

syborius
10-13-2007, 06:20 PM
They really do find the lowest poll numbers when they do a story about him. CNN posts lower and lower numbers each time they do a story on him. Now, apparently, he's only at 1%.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

He needs to take a strong stand on these poll numbers. This is hurting him beyond anything else right now. The new tactic of the MSM is not to attack the message but to embrace it, and in the same breath disregard it 99% because of these false polls. Any new person watching will say exactly this "what a nice man, tooooo bad he can't win", "ok, now who do I pick" This is very problematic. The campaign needs to address this in a big way. They need to take a stand and say we will not do any more interviews if the background picture will display these poll numbers. The psychological effect is extremely damaging. He is getting all this new press, and the "ONLY" reason his fund raising is not skyrocketing is because of these false polls. The only thing the msm has to fight RP with right now is use these false numbers, repeatedly, over, and over, and over again.

Someone here had a good idea. We need to hire our own companies, and do our own polls, and each time Ron Paul is interviewed he needs to present his number, and on that fact he needs to be extremely angry. If he does not change his position on some of these rigged polls we are doomed. This will effectively render him lame. Please people. You need to think of a way to neutralize this one MSM attack. I hope the campaign is listening here. If you neutralize the polls, Ron Paul will be the next president. This is the most important thing to over-come right now.

speciallyblend
10-13-2007, 06:30 PM
Maybe we need to demand a correction and send cnn official polls with 3-4%, more news :) and a list of the spammin straw polls where real people showed up and actually in most paid to vote. and demand a clarification on the abortion issue,they didnt overlook it,SO WE NEED TO CALL THEM OUT

Roxi
10-13-2007, 07:14 PM
i don't think the ticker saying he polled at 1% is all that important when theres a crowd that looks like a 1,000 people chanting ron paul for president behind them

kylejack
10-13-2007, 07:16 PM
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

He needs to take a strong stand on these poll numbers. This is hurting him beyond anything else right now. The new tactic of the MSM is not to attack the message but to embrace it, and in the same breath disregard it 99% because of these false polls. Any new person watching will say exactly this "what a nice man, tooooo bad he can't win", "ok, now who do I pick" This is very problematic. The campaign needs to address this in a big way. They need to take a stand and say we will not do any more interviews if the background picture will display these poll numbers. The psychological effect is extremely damaging. He is getting all this new press, and the "ONLY" reason his fund raising is not skyrocketing is because of these false polls. The only thing the msm has to fight RP with right now is use these false numbers, repeatedly, over, and over, and over again.

Someone here had a good idea. We need to hire our own companies, and do our own polls, and each time Ron Paul is interviewed he needs to present his number, and on that fact he needs to be extremely angry. If he does not change his position on some of these rigged polls we are doomed. This will effectively render him lame. Please people. You need to think of a way to neutralize this one MSM attack. I hope the campaign is listening here. If you neutralize the polls, Ron Paul will be the next president. This is the most important thing to over-come right now.
The polls....are fairly accurate. I don't know where you live, but I live about 30 miles from Ron Paul's district, and nobody's heard of him here. I'm working to change that.

Buzz
10-13-2007, 07:25 PM

Kickass, I saw myself on TV. :D