PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about National ID Cards

Wolverine302
06-13-2010, 09:02 PM
I will be behind a Campaign for Liberty Table for a local event. :D I need to research this topic as it will be a huge talking point.

Anti Federalist
06-13-2010, 09:07 PM
Already in place for certain sectors of the slave classes.

http://www.downsizedc.org/etp/campaigns/102

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transportation_Worker_Identification_Credential

KCIndy
06-13-2010, 11:28 PM
I will be behind a Campaign for Liberty Table for a local event. :D I need to research this topic as it will be a huge talking point.

Can you be a bit more specific about what info you're looking for?

free1
06-14-2010, 06:48 AM
Search here and elsewhere with the words "National ID Card" or "real ID".

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=247146
UK scraps National ID Card plans

"The wasteful, bureaucratic and intrusive ID card scheme represents everything that has been wrong with government in recent years"

"We have spent many years arguing that this grand folly would cost our freedom, privacy and race relations dearly and the public agreed"

You might want to look at what they just went through and how pissed people were.

Wolverine302
06-14-2010, 06:59 AM
Can you be a bit more specific about what info you're looking for?

I need to tell the average Joe the dangers of the Govt pushing for a Real ID card, RFID Tags and the like.

free1
06-14-2010, 07:07 AM
We believe in a distributed government for our own safety. A huge all powerful central government is always a danger to liberty. So we limit the government with a thing called the constitution.

Want national security? Don't allow a central power to have control over something important like a ID, if they control it, they may control you.

If they issue it, they can take it away.

They can make/change rules about it whenever they want. Do you want some far away government to be able to control that?

However, watch out for a national health care card coming soon which will do basically the same thing.

Keeping track of the US subject class slaves (citizens). It's a nasty job but someone has to do it.

Many States have rejected the Real ID thing, maybe go look up that stuff.

KCIndy
06-14-2010, 06:21 PM
Links to a wide assortment of Ron Paul quotes, speeches and essays regarding a National ID card:

http://www.ronpaullibrary.org/topic.php?id=14

nobody's_hero
06-14-2010, 06:35 PM
I would build an argument around the fact that we already have state-issued I.D. cards, and an I.D. card itself does not prevent crimes from occuring. What would be the benefits of a federally issued I.D. card over what we have now? None. —Other than to monitor the people via the many other systems that are being considered along with the I.D. cards (like monitoring your shopping habits, or keeping your health history contained in a readable card-swipe system). Look at the guy who shot up Fort Hood. He had a military I.D. (which is about as close to a national I.D. as you can get). Could the federal government's I.D. system magically prevent him from doing what he did? No. Did the federal government interfere with the right of military personnel to provide for their own self defense, by making it so that only a select few could arm themselves while on base? Sure.

The federal goverment has been doing much more damage than good for about a century now. Now's as good a time as any to stop this I.D. card scheme.

I'd also note that the NRA and the ACLU both agree that this is a bad idea. I mean, how much more obvious does it have to be that a national I.D. card is NOT popular?

Digging this up for effect:

YouTube - RON PAUL 4409 -- Montana Governor BITCH slaps REAL I.D. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QDHlakUUiY)

Wolverine302
06-17-2010, 09:16 PM
Any other issues I should forward to the masses regarding liberty?
I have:
End the Mandate
The War is Making You Poor Act
Audit the Federal Reserve [Still alive? :(]
Real ID
Federal Spending

????

ronpaulhawaii
06-17-2010, 09:35 PM
Any other issues I should forward to the masses regarding liberty?
I have:
End the Mandate
The War is Making You Poor Act
Audit the Federal Reserve [Still alive? :(]
Real ID
Federal Spending

????

Remind them that Representative Government is not a spectator sport...

micahnelson
06-17-2010, 10:08 PM
Dunno how well this would go over... but...

Be positive. Talk about self reliance, community spirit, helping the less fortunate. Bring up issues that people can do something about besides just the sweeping federal programs that, unfortunately, will happen eventually as the jackboots march onward.

The government hates independent people who think for themselves- so read books that arent advertised, eat food you grew yourself, support businesses that aren't listed on the DJIA, get to know your local police, organize local programs to clean up areas, start a business...

Independence has a literal meaning beyond the associations it has in american politics. Our communities and towns can't achieve independence until we no longer need the federal government to feed our poor, teach our young, and care for our elderly. I know, how about a mentoring program where elderly people read to young kids. How about we start a community garden where the kids, the elderly, and poor people can grow food to support a food bank.

Look at that, an initiative that solves a problem without a single taxpayer dollar.

Kind of a tangent, but I get tired of people saying that those who don't support large government "must want the poor and sick to die in the street." We can do it better, cheaper, and more sustainably than any bureaucrat.

Wolverine302
06-18-2010, 05:47 PM
Turning out to be very disappointing day, out of 75 people, only 10 have listened and only 6 have signed the end the mandate petition.
.:(

Travlyr
06-18-2010, 05:56 PM
Turning out to be very disappointing day, out of 75 people, only 10 have listened and only 6 have signed the end the mandate petition.
.:(

Tell them that the RFID chip has a delete switch that can be activated by the authorities. Just kidding... I made that up. :)

I just found out that this gal (http://www.katherinealbrecht.com/) seems to know quite a bit about RFID. You may already know about her, and I have not yet looked at her material, so I am not endorsing it.