PDA

View Full Version : Obama Issues Executive Order: Lifestyle Behavior Modifiaction

Working Poor
06-13-2010, 08:01 PM
While the nation has its eyes and ears focused on the blame game ping-pong match between President Obama and BP top brass, President Obama on Thursday, June 10, quietly announced a new Executive Order establishing the “National Prevention, Health Promotion, and Public Health Council.”

You will "change" to my liking!
Claiming the “authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America,” President Obama has truly gone off the deep end this time in his most atrocious attempt to date to control every aspect of Americans’ lives.

According to Sec. 5. of the Executive Order that details the President’s “National Prevention and Health Promotion Strategy,” the Council will be charged with carrying out “lifestyle behavior modification” among American citizens that do not exhibit “healthy behavior.”

The President’s desired lifestyle behavior modifications focus on:

smoking cessation;
proper nutrition;
appropriate exercise;
mental health;
behavioral health;
sedentary behavior;
substance-use disorder; and
domestic violence screenings.
Making matters even worse, if that is even possible at this point, President Obama will create an “Advisory Group” composed of experts hand-picked from the public health field and various other areas of expertise “outside the Federal Government.”

Let’s consider who the President has sought advice and mentoring from in the past:

Rev. Jeremiah Wright, who the Anti-Defamation League calls a “Messenger of Intolerance,” and
Bill Ayers, leader of the 1960′s domestic terrorist group ”Weatherman” that was “responsible for 30 bombings aimed at destroying the defense and security infrastructures of the U.S.”
Now, President Obama is going to seek medical advisors who will be charged with modifying lifestyles and behaviors of those citizens he deems unhealthy? “Paging Dr. Kevorkian! You’re wanted in the White House STAT by President Obama!”

Whether you are a child, a parent, a worker, or retired, the President’s approximately 25-member “Advisory Group” will soon be present in every aspect of Americans’ lives, as the Executive Order prescribes. Specifically, our new so-called lifestyle behavior modification advisors will be actively carrying out the President’s orders in:

worksite health promotion;
community services, including community health centers;
preventive medicine;
health coaching;
public health education;
geriatrics; and
rehabilitation medicine.
President Obama’s sweeping plan to enforce “lifestyle behavior modification” is chock full of open-ended target areas, especially when it comes to issues of “mental” and “behavioral” health, “proper nutrition,” “sedentary behavior,” and “appropriate exercise.” The President’s Executive Order is a blatant and forceful attempt to adjust the way Americans young and old think, behave, eat, drink and whatever else free will used to entitle our nation’s citizens to enjoy as prescribed by the Founding Fathers.

If you are feeling stressed-out, sad, confused, hungry, thirsty, bored, or tired, do you honestly trust President Obama and his “Advisory Group” to act in your best interests?

http://nannystateliberationfront.net/2010/06/12/obama-issues-executive-order-mandating-lifestyle-behavior-modification/

Dr.3D
06-13-2010, 08:05 PM
So let's see if I have this correctly.... a 'president' through 'Executive Order' can effectively become..... a dictator?

anaconda
06-13-2010, 08:16 PM
What an asshole. LOL.

catdd
06-13-2010, 08:21 PM
He can kiss my ass. I'm not taking orders from any friggin dictator.

Anti Federalist
06-13-2010, 08:23 PM
Fuck him.

I'm lighting up a cigar just to say kiss my ass.

Kotin
06-13-2010, 08:27 PM
Wow that is ridiculous.. I am intereted as to what kind of form this will take..

It seems to me they want federal reserve system but for healthcare..

susano
06-13-2010, 08:28 PM
http://www.babble.com/CS/blogs/strollerderby/2009/01/ObamaSmoking.png
http://corvedacosta.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/obama_smoking_joint.jpg

Working Poor
06-14-2010, 03:13 AM
burp..

GunnyFreedom
06-14-2010, 03:34 AM
dis. turb. ing.

Working Poor
06-14-2010, 04:05 AM
dis. turb. ing.

:eek:you got that right Glenn....

Live_Free_Or_Die
06-14-2010, 04:27 AM
We can joke all we want about it but the threat of force behind it is real.

WorldonaString
06-14-2010, 04:42 AM
This is just too much...

sevin
06-14-2010, 05:19 AM
I don't get it. What are the people on this advisory group going to do? Go to schools and make speeches about the importance of healthy lifestyles? wtf?

Stary Hickory
06-14-2010, 05:33 AM
Hey progressives are for civil liberties, and they are against legislating morality...and privacy...yeah right.

teacherone
06-14-2010, 05:38 AM
predictable. they take over healthcare and then claim the right to modify your lifestyle because "we're paying your healthcare."

we all saw this coming right?

sevin
06-14-2010, 07:09 AM
predictable. they take over healthcare and then claim the right to modify your lifestyle because "we're paying your healthcare."

Yup.

They're going to want Americans to be thin and healthy because they don't want to have to pay for heart surgery, dialysis, etc.

Everyone is going to start resenting the unhealthy.

Nate-ForLiberty
06-14-2010, 08:48 AM
this is cool.....

"Sec. 3. Purposes and Duties. The Council shall:

(g) carry out such other activities as are determined appropriate by the President."

oh really?

catdd
06-14-2010, 08:50 AM

win

rancher89
06-14-2010, 08:54 AM
Anyone who isn't happy about this will receive drugs to make them happy?

Forced diets?

I can see the FDA becoming more tryannical via this.....supporting gmo food additives designed to "help" you lose weight...

grrrrrr

There's just too much stuff coming at us....

Roxi
06-14-2010, 09:04 AM
worksite health promotion = stricter regulations on private businesses... i.e. the banning of office snack machines?

rancher89
06-14-2010, 09:05 AM
dammit man!

Krugerrand
06-14-2010, 09:12 AM
http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/executive-order-establishing-national-prevention-health-promotion-and-public-health

From what I read ... it's just a useless group for the purpose of wasting money. I did a quick read, so correct me if I'm wrong.

Roxi
06-14-2010, 09:38 AM
http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/executive-order-establishing-national-prevention-health-promotion-and-public-health

From what I read ... it's just a useless group for the purpose of wasting money. I did a quick read, so correct me if I'm wrong.

no no, you are right.... it is just left open to become much more than that, to be determined by the President.

RideTheDirt
06-14-2010, 09:48 AM
YouTube - Ron Paul vs. Morton Downey, Jr.'s audience 1988 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88REf0tjZHo)

He is like the polar opposite of Paul

:(:mad:

Cowlesy
06-14-2010, 10:18 AM
The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Gov't busy-bodies at work.

I'm sure we'll need to have at least three to four $200k+ per year jobs provided to liberal friends of BHO to man this study group. Some nice retainer fees for some other friends. Simply another way of spreading our tax-dollars to his friends.

Dr.3D
06-14-2010, 10:22 AM

I'm sure we'll need to have at least three to four $200k+ per year jobs provided to liberal friends of BHO to man this study group. Some nice retainer fees for some other friends. Simply another way of spreading our tax-dollars to his friends.

But... Obama said he was trying to create jobs. He just didn't mention that those jobs would be just for his selected friends.

Zippyjuan
06-14-2010, 11:08 AM
Sounds like Kennedy's President's Council on Physical Fitness. Noboby was forced to exercise but there was encouragement for people to get out and get some exercise- to do something good for themselves.

Working Poor
06-14-2010, 12:09 PM

You got that right Cowlesy;)

anaconda
06-14-2010, 08:51 PM
Now I get it! The elites have decided that we might be easily controlled if we are all laughing so loud that we simply cannot function!

osan
06-16-2010, 07:04 PM
http://nannystateliberationfront.net/2010/06/12/obama-issues-executive-order-mandating-lifestyle-behavior-modification/ (http://nannystateliberationfront.net/2010/06/12/obama-issues-executive-order-mandating-lifestyle-behavior-modification/)

They must have lifted this from The Onion... this just cannot be real.

Someone needs to take a willow switch and beat some sense into that boy. He's not right in the head.

MelissaWV
06-17-2010, 08:19 AM
Sounds like Kennedy's President's Council on Physical Fitness. Noboby was forced to exercise but there was encouragement for people to get out and get some exercise- to do something good for themselves.

Ah but remember! In school we were forced to participate in this stupidity and received some bullshit medals for achieving fitness. I flunked every section just for the lulz. I remember you were supposed to run a mile in a certain amount of time, and I would just walk it. You were supposed to be able to do pull-ups, and I would just hang there like I couldn't. I even failed the flexibility text :p It was moronic, and the Terminator was telling us all we had to do it. It was my first hint of Sheeple-sadness, watching all those elementary kiddos running and rushing around trying to be "good enough for the President."

They must have lifted this from The Onion... this just cannot be real.

Someone needs to take a willow switch and beat some sense into that boy. He's not right in the head.

Someone's going to say that last part is racist, osan!!!