PDA

View Full Version : The New York Times Glowing Review of Freedom Watch

low preference guy
06-13-2010, 07:17 PM
I found this review mostly positive. I didn't find any smears.

“Welcome to this struggle,” Andrew Napolitano said triumphantly as he wrapped up the first television episode last weekend of his libertarian talk show, “Freedom Watch.” He saluted the camera and concluded, “From New York, defending freedom, so long America.”

[...]

Mr. Napolitano’s struggle is for smaller government and individual liberty. “The American public needs to know and understand, the government serves you better when it serves you less. That’s the argument,” he said on the show.

[...]

Llewellyn H. Rockwell Jr., the chairman of the libertarian Ludwig von Mises Institute and, like Mr. Hornberger, a regular guest on Mr. Napolitano’s webcasts, said he considered “Freedom Watch” to be “the most important libertarian broadcast in the history of the American media.”

“There has never been a show willing to address the difficult subjects involving liberty as this one does, let alone to do it so effectively and entertainingly. And Republican statism gets no free pass,” he said in an e-mail message.

Read the whole thing. (http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/14/business/media/14fox.html?src=busln)

Cowlesy
06-13-2010, 07:23 PM
Great review, and awesome to see Jake Hornberger and Lew Rockwell be quoted.

For us newbs in the movement, we sure have made progress since 2007 when we'd track down youtubes of comment fragments made by someone off-hand in some video clip.

Viva FREEDOM WATCH!

Kotin
06-13-2010, 07:25 PM
That is so badass.. Leave it to the judge to get a good article in the ny times.. He is that good..

Well done Mr.Napalitano

sailingaway
06-13-2010, 07:25 PM
Nice, if through the eyes of someone vaguely disapproving.

Now if they did a show on a progressive movement, they would consider it 'important', but this is 'propaganda'.

Sentient Void
06-13-2010, 07:29 PM
I'm pleasantly surprised by that review.

low preference guy
06-13-2010, 07:30 PM
Great review, and awesome to see Jake Hornberger and Lew Rockwell be quoted.

For us newbs in the movement, we sure have made progress since 2007 when we'd track down youtubes of comment fragments made by someone off-hand in some video clip.

Viva FREEDOM WATCH!

I agree, we made a lot of progress. If you asked libertarians in 2006 when will a mainstream channel will have a libertarian show, everyone would have answer at least 50 years, if ever. This is absolutely incredible, but that's no excuse to cross one's arms.

Sentient Void
06-13-2010, 07:32 PM
I agree, we made a lot of progress. If you asked libertarians in 2006 when will a mainstream channel will have a libertarian show, everyone would have answer at least 50 years, if ever. This is absolutely incredible, but that's no excuse to cross one's arms.

TWO libertarian shows. ;)

low preference guy
06-13-2010, 07:33 PM
Nice, if through the eyes of someone vaguely disapproving.

Now if they did a show on a progressive movement, they would consider it 'important', but this is 'propaganda'.

I don't see as a negative, because it is the obligatory quote from someone in the opposition. Any reader can see that and draw his own conclusion about the show after watching it. Also note that they gave Fox a chance to respond to the negative quote.

low preference guy
06-13-2010, 07:34 PM
TWO libertarian shows. ;)

Right. I guess I noticed Freedom Watch more because I find the Judge to be more "in your face".

QueenB4Liberty
06-13-2010, 07:40 PM
Yeah, I thought it was a good review. Maybe FBN's ratings aren't that good because not everyone gets the channel?

sailingaway
06-13-2010, 07:45 PM
I don't see as a negative, because it is the obligatory quote from someone in the opposition. Any reader can see that and draw his own conclusion about the show after watching it. Also note that they gave Fox a chance to respond to the negative quote.

Yeah. "Hey, is your show just a second propaganda station?"

Great question.

low preference guy
06-13-2010, 07:48 PM
Yeah. "Hey, is your show just a second propaganda station?"

Great question.

How many readers who wanted to watch the show before that point in the article do you think will change their minds?

sailingaway
06-13-2010, 07:49 PM
How many readers who wanted to watch the show before that point in the article do you think will change their minds?

Those who forgot their friends call it 'Faux News' before they saw that.

I think it is a decent review, I was just laughing at your statement that they gave Fox a chance to answer the 'have you stopped beating your wife' question.

low preference guy
06-13-2010, 07:53 PM
Those who forgot their friends call it 'Faux News' before they saw that.

I think it is a decent review, I was just laughing at your statement that they gave Fox a chance to answer the 'have you stopped beating your wife' question.

Those were not the only comments Fox could respond to.

“Fox News created the Tea Party with the town halls last year,”

That for instance is not hard to respond to, but probably isn't worth it.

The writers have no control over what the opposition would say, and the best they can do is give a chance to respond, which they did.

Now, if I'm going to start laughing to the (real) silly statements you have been making in the last few days...

Chieftain1776
06-13-2010, 07:53 PM
What I said in another thread:

Probably a nice pat on the head before the eventual smack across the face and smear campaign.

That's how the left wing media rolls when it comes to us.

sailingaway
06-13-2010, 07:58 PM
Those were not the only comments Fox could respond to.

That for instance is not hard to respond to, but probably isn't worth it.

The writers have no control over what the opposition would say, and the best they can do is give a chance to respond, which they did.

Now, if I'm going to start laughing to the (real) silly statements you have been making in the last few days...

Oh, please, I wasn't picking a fight. I just thought it would be funny if they actually answered.

Anti Federalist
06-13-2010, 08:00 PM
Judge Nap FTW.

jct74
06-14-2010, 08:12 AM
Freedom Watch coverage on front page of Huff Post:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/06/14/freedom-watch-fox-busines_n_610933.html

If you feel like arguing with idiots, go to the comment section of the article.

catdd
06-14-2010, 08:19 AM
A great review by one of the most liberal newspapers - the SPLC must be screaming "FOUL" about now.

"But, but, those people were on our LIST!"

MN Patriot
06-14-2010, 08:42 AM
Freedom Watch coverage on front page of Huff Post:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/06/14/freedom-watch-fox-busines_n_610933.html

If you feel like arguing with idiots, go to the comment section of the article.

Anybody here have the time to argue with all those children? Sadly, they are voting age adults. We should engage ourselves with them. They will never come here to spout their liberal nonsense.