PDA

View Full Version : It's the Constitution, stupid.

SeanEdwards
06-07-2007, 05:32 PM
Anyone remember Clinton's slogan "It's the economy, stupid." That worked so well for their campaign? I think the title of this thread could be a good slogan for Dr. Paul's campaign. Anyone agree?

JBKing
06-07-2007, 05:36 PM
I'm not too sure about calling people stupid, even though some deserve it. :(

Erazmus
06-07-2007, 05:39 PM
I think, at this point, calling people stupid might be a setback. But I do like the idea in concept.

beermotor
06-07-2007, 05:39 PM
Yeah - let's wait until he's got the nomination and the attack ads from the democrazies start.

lucky
06-07-2007, 05:47 PM
How about, "Constitution or bust."

Erazmus
06-07-2007, 05:56 PM
I really do like the fact that at the CNN debate, Ron Paul announced himself as the Champion of the Constitution. Honestly, it’s the strongest stance a person can take. The Constitution has this strange nobility to it. Just the idea of it has this essence of honor, integrity, and American values. We all learn about it in school as this pure document, even if most people haven't read it, they are taught to revere it. It’s almost like none of us are worthy to be in its presence.

As such, Ron has the voting record to back it when he says he’s the Champion. And any candidate that tries to argue against the Constitution, in my view, is committing political suicide. So, I like how Ron brings up the Constitution every chance he gets, and calling himself the Champion of the Great Document is a huge benefit that no other candidate can lay claim to.

Ron is a very intelligent man.

It's almost like the Sword in the Stone. People came from around the world to take up the sword, but really, the only one worthy of it was Ron Paul

DrStrabismus
06-07-2007, 06:33 PM
How about "Back to the Constitution"

It's a spoof on Back to the Future.

I actually had this on a sign at the debate. Here's the graphic:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8732114@N05/535218788/

xcalybur
06-07-2007, 06:33 PM
This is the only problem I've had with the Ron Paul campaign. The fact that when Ron Paul speaks, he doesn't speak in laymans terms. He talks about the Constitution, Blowback, and so many other concepts that the majority of the American public have no idea about. To us he is preaching to the choir, but to my Uncle-in-law whom never graduated high school, he has trouble with 2+2, much less upholding the Constitution or getting rid of the Federal Reserve. My guess is that if Jay Leno did a street spot asking people anywhere in this country about the Constitution or the Federal Reserve, at least 80% wouldn't have a clue what he is talking about. It's sad, but so true.

CJLauderdale4
06-07-2007, 06:49 PM
I agree. The American public is slowly waking up - not stupid, but awaking from years of apathy. The internet is a revolutionizing catalyst in this movement. Hell, even my baby-booming mom and dad know how to check blogs, setup a MySpace account, and watch what they want on YouTube. Times are a changin'...

I whole-heartedly agree with Ron Paul's speaking style. He is so learned on every topic of government, that unless you truly know that there is a Constitutional crisis in this country, you cannot follow his thought process. I was watching his clips from Jon Stewart and Bill Maher, and wanted so much for Ron to look at the camera/audience, take 90 seconds, and say:

"Look: this nation was founded by a group of well-educated men that came from descendants of those persecuted for years by Britain. They wanted a government that stayed out of everyone's lives and only regulated basic trade and military defense of such. They even debated each other in editorials, as we do today on blogs, about if a Federal Government is even needed. Most of you out there would be aghast to think of a U.S. without the Federal Government. This is exactly the point - the Federal Government has grown larger than ever imagined and would much better with many of the overgrown bureaucracies eliminated, most of which we lived 150+ years as a nation without."

Just put it plainly. People will understand. The above was on limited government, but he could do the same about his belief in a right to life, the IRS, etc.