PDA

View Full Version : What.... A......Joke. 'Emergency measures' Obama pushes for $50b in local aid

lynnf
06-13-2010, 12:44 PM
The Great O was so embarrassed about this he did it on Saturday night, when
there would be almost no coverage......

http://www.politico.com/politico44/perm/0610/emergency_measures_bd84afe3-3cbe-427f-8972-fa693a268bc5.html

President Obama, in an unusual Saturday night letter to Congressional leaders, asked them to “urge swift action” on legislation to send money to struggling states and localities he said was needed to help small businesses and avert “massive layoffs of teachers, police and firefighters.”

In the letter to Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi, Mitch McConnell and John Boehner, the president said that more spending is needed immediately to avert a devastating double dip recession, and that concerns about the deficit, while important, should wait until these “emergency measures,” which amount to just short of $50 billion in new spending, has been approved. The letter made no mention of spending cuts to to offset that spending

“We are at a critical juncture on our nation’s path to economic recovery,” Obama said, deeming it “essential that we… build momentum toward recovery, even as we establish a path to long-term fiscal discipline.”

RM918
06-13-2010, 01:08 PM
I heard 'emergency' and figured he was talking about the spill. Guess not, just more payoffs for his buddies. I guess their diamond-encrusted yachts need replacing.

jkr
06-13-2010, 05:20 PM
teachers, police and firefighters UNIONS

fixed it!

"I realize his name is not on that list, but we mst have a sweet!"

just give me the free shit

MelissaWV
06-13-2010, 05:23 PM
I'm not laughing.

ItsTime
06-13-2010, 06:23 PM
Lay offs of fire fighters? Boston was looking to give their firefighters a 19% raise increase!

Vessol
06-13-2010, 06:31 PM
Throw more money! Keep throwing it! It'll work eventually! It has to!

georgiaboy
06-13-2010, 06:38 PM
meh, $50B? C'mon, O, grow a pair, let's really pump things up -- how about a nice round recordbreaking $1Trillion? Show the populace how much you really care for us. /sarc