PDA

View Full Version : WH - David Axelrod says Alvin Greene "not legitimate"

Anti Federalist
06-13-2010, 12:18 PM
White House Advisor Says S.C. Democratic Nominee Not ‘Legitimate’

Updated: Sunday, 13 Jun 2010, 1:42 PM EDT
Published : Sunday, 13 Jun 2010, 1:42 PM EDT

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/dpps/news/white-house-advisor-says-s.c.-democratic-nominee-not-%E2%80%98legitimate%E2%80%99-_8074230

(NewsCore) - Senior White House advisor David Axelrod said Sunday that Alvin Greene, the 32-year-old unemployed veteran who mysteriously won the Democratic nomination for U.S. Senate in South Carolina Tuesday, was not legitimate.

Axelrod, speaking on NBC’s “Meet The Press” program Sunday said “It doesn't appear so to me” when asked by show host David Gregory if Greene was a legitimate candidate.

“The whole thing is odd. I don't really know how to explain it and I don't think anybody else does either,” Axelrod added.

Greene was the surprise winner in Tuesday’s Democratic Senate primary, shocking the Palmetto State’s political establishment by winning 59 percent of the vote to defeat establishment candidate Vic Rawl, despite being virtually unknown.

Greene, who never made a single speech during his campaign, had no campaign staff and no fundraising apparatus to speak of, except for the $10,000 filing fee required to stand as a candidate. He now finds himself poised to face Sen. Jim DeMint (R-S.C.) in November having won more than 100,000 votes.

Axelrod doubted Greene’s claim to be a credible candidate in the general election.

“Well, I think the Democrats of South Carolina deserve a strong, credible candidate. He would argue I suppose that he won the primary so that would be him,” Axelrod said. “How he won the primary is a big mystery though, and until you resolve that I don't think he can claim to be a strong, credible candidate.”

Brian4Liberty
06-13-2010, 12:20 PM
Not legit?!! :eek:

YouTube - too Legit to quit (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cdk1gwWH-Cg)

sailingaway
06-13-2010, 12:21 PM
His parents' legal relationship to each other is really none of our business. And could be raised against people at the very highest levels, so falls in the 'casting stones' category.

As for the rest, he won, didn't he?

I bet no one would have voted for Axelrod....

RM918
06-13-2010, 12:21 PM
What a bunch of freaking hypocrites, not that that should surprise me.

angelatc
06-13-2010, 12:24 PM
The MSM is totally ignoring that Vic Rawl didn't do much more than Greene did in the way of campaigning. http://www.charlestoncitypaper.com/HaireoftheDog/archives/2010/06/12/vic-rawl-campaign-relied-on-robocalls-emails-to-win

Axelrod's definition of credible candidate is much, much different than mine, that's for sure.

Rawl sent out some emails, and did a few robocalls, but it's (sadly) entirely possible that the "Alvin Greene sounds blacker" theory is viable.

If it is, it serves them right for being racists.

specsaregood
06-13-2010, 12:32 PM
but it's (sadly) entirely possible that the "Alvin Greene sounds blacker" theory is viable.

If it is, it serves them right for being racists.

No, they are upset about that too. PPP did an analysis of the election down there and found that "stunningly" race does not seem to have been a factor. Because Greene trumped him the same in "white districts". They are absolutely shocked that racism didn't factor in this case.

roho76
06-13-2010, 12:46 PM
Maybe their confusion stems from the fact that the electronic voting machines threw the election in the wrong direction. Maybe they shouldn't outsource the computer programming of their crooked voting boxes.

Live_Free_Or_Die
06-13-2010, 12:54 PM
Aristocracy 101 - If you are not in the club any and all means necessary to diminish you is fair game.

sailingaway
06-13-2010, 01:23 PM
No, they are upset about that too. PPP did an analysis of the election down there and found that "stunningly" race does not seem to have been a factor. Because Greene trumped him the same in "white districts". They are absolutely shocked that racism didn't factor in this case.

Snicker.

If it weren't De Mint he was running against, I'd be pulling for him....

Aratus
06-13-2010, 01:34 PM
i trust there shall be at least two or three senate debates...?

specsaregood
06-13-2010, 01:41 PM
If it weren't De Mint he was running against, I'd be pulling for him....

Personally, I'd enjoy it if he exposed DeMint's "limited government" hipocrisy by coming out strong against big government issues such as the war on terrorism, war on drugs, etc. Ya know, the big government issues that social conservatives love. He could point out how if Demint really wanted to decrease the debt he would be against those things.

This guy is in a dream position, he has no "history" to flipflop on. No set issues. He could run on a pure populist campaign platform and at the same time pick and choose the demint hipocritical positions to attack.

Lovecraftian4Paul
06-13-2010, 03:19 PM
I respect Greene. He's more legit than Obama any day. At least Greene is a real American black man, with roots that probably go back to slave times. Obama's "black ancestry" is Kenyan, and he may not be a natural born American. What a joke.

angelatc
06-13-2010, 03:30 PM
Maybe their confusion stems from the fact that the electronic voting machines threw the election in the wrong direction. Maybe they shouldn't outsource the computer programming of their crooked voting boxes.

You're probably right. They're probably more upset that the other party somehow managed to use "their" voting machines to win than they are that it is possible to actually do that.

Or maybe the Dems did it on purpose to frame the Republicans! Yeah, that's the ticket.

Of course, since the best and brightest running the country don't have any interest in providing a system that can be audited, I suppose we just have to accept that these things will happen, right?

Cowlesy
06-13-2010, 03:51 PM
Sweet, we now have a lefty version of Birthers. :D

jkr
06-13-2010, 05:42 PM
you know else isn't legit?

a british citizen "sitting" as potus.

that makes him ill-legitamit...

maybe "axlerod", if that's your REAL name, maybe yo should let slepping dogs lie.

puppetmaster
06-13-2010, 05:53 PM
Aristocracy 101 - If you are not in the club any and all means necessary to diminish you is fair game.

I think you should have to be licensed and approved before you can run.

;) sarcasm

No1ButPaul08
06-13-2010, 06:00 PM
You know who also won a SC Democratic Primary? Barack Obama

BlackTerrel
06-13-2010, 06:01 PM
How the hell does Axelrod have any clue? Maybe the MSM should do some investigation rather than wild speculation?

you know else isn't legit?

a british citizen "sitting" as potus.

Except we don't.

specsaregood
06-13-2010, 06:02 PM
How the hell does Axelrod have any clue? Maybe the MSM should do some investigation rather than wild speculation?

why bother, the SOS already certified the results I believe. He is legitimate whether they like it or not.

RonPaulFanInGA
06-13-2010, 06:07 PM
i trust there shall be at least two or three senate debates...?

Doubt it. This is a slam-dunk for DeMint. He'll probably just ignore Greene.

michaelwise
06-13-2010, 06:24 PM
They are all just having a hissy fit because their establishment is proven to be completely broken with the election of the unknown Alvin Greene. There is no conspiracy with the SC election. It is just the public showing they are completely fed up with Washington.

I am going to join Al Greene's campaign and am putting my full support behind his senatorial bid. He likes guns.

I'm remaking parts of this clip with Alvin Greene's face superimposed on Peter Sellers.
YouTube - Being There -My favorite crucial scenes (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nfl-hafMwoU&feature=player_embedded)

Vessol
06-13-2010, 06:28 PM
Can't have the peasants run for office, now can we?

sailingaway
06-13-2010, 06:31 PM
Personally, I'd enjoy it if he exposed DeMint's "limited government" hipocrisy by coming out strong against big government issues such as the war on terrorism, war on drugs, etc. Ya know, the big government issues that social conservatives love. He could point out how if Demint really wanted to decrease the debt he would be against those things.

This guy is in a dream position, he has no "history" to flipflop on. No set issues. He could run on a pure populist campaign platform and at the same time pick and choose the demint hipocritical positions to attack.

From what I've heard him say, Greene wants more entitlement programs, actually. I admire his spirit and would love to run him against someone not conservative (Lindsay would be fine) but not De Mint.

georgiaboy
06-13-2010, 06:34 PM
there's a glitch in the Matrix?

can't have that:

YouTube - A Bug's Life - "Then they ALL might stand up to us" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmUD9Jhfh_U&feature=related)