PDA

View Full Version : When are we going to do something about the fundraising?!

CasualApathy
10-13-2007, 02:10 PM
Seriously, it's getting worse by the day...

Green Mountain Boy
10-13-2007, 02:13 PM
umm, no it's not

http://www.ronpaulgraphs.com/thumb_lastweek_vs_thisweek.png

Trassin
10-13-2007, 02:15 PM

Ummm...it's higher this week than last week. It is also expected for it to lag at least a little after the big push at the end of last quarter. As it gets closer to January money will start pooring in.

Of course, that doesn't mean that you just let it be and don't push for people to donate.

Dave Wood
10-13-2007, 02:19 PM

I think the contests helped a lot last time. People tend to like to push it more towards the end.

This is a lofty goal and should be broken down into more easily attainable segments. It is hard to get motivated to climb a mountain that seems too high. IMHO

brumans
10-13-2007, 02:20 PM
It's been getting better day by day.

CasualApathy
10-13-2007, 02:20 PM
umm, no it's not

http://www.ronpaulgraphs.com/thumb_lastweek_vs_thisweek.png

That's all well and good, but need i remind you that the 350k from week one was 650k below the target of 1mil pr. week that is required?

And the only reason for this weeks gains seems to be the debate, after the debate we had a big spike, and it has been going down hill ever since.

We are projected to raise 6 million total, and every day takes us farther away from our goal. I was hoping to se a steady increase, but we seem to be stagnant, not pushing ahead.

yoshimaroka
10-13-2007, 02:23 PM
It's going to go up and down, but generally it'll be increasing as time goes on.
Of course the debates are going to create fundraising spikes, that's what media attention does.

CasualApathy
10-13-2007, 02:26 PM
It's going to go up and down, but generally it'll be increasing as time goes on.
Of course the debates are going to create fundraising spikes, that's what media attention does.

Im not argueing with that. However at this pace, by the time people get really fired up and serious about this, it is going to be very difficult to pick up the slack. It is close to 1 million dollars that we are trailing behind now.

ItsTime
10-13-2007, 02:26 PM
we will reach our long term goals. No fretting yet. I bet we are out raising McCain, Huck and the rest right now.

Best thing to do now is hand out slim jims and get more on the boat! People are starting to know who Paul is and the slim jims will have more of impact.

quickmike
10-13-2007, 02:30 PM
Well, get out there and educate more people about Ron Paul if you want the numbers to go up quicker. Have you canvased your neighborhood with slim jims? Does everyone in your neighborhood know about Ron Paul? If not, why?

We need massive campaigning on the ground if we want to reach massive numbers.

Chrispy
10-13-2007, 02:34 PM
You can't really look at day by day stats on this. Lets just make it our goal to always raise more then we did the previous week. We've raised 100K more than last week and there is still a day and a half to go. Lets keep raising 150-200K more each week and we'll surpass the 12 mil!

chowda
10-13-2007, 02:36 PM
I know this doesn't mean a whole lot... but the projections made using a least squares regression show that we've increased the end of quarter number by $1 million dollars in about 2 days. It's probably not realistic that that will continue indefinitely... but I think it's a good sign.

http://ronpaulgraphs.com/thumb_quarter_total.png

CasualApathy
10-13-2007, 02:36 PM
we will reach our long term goals. No fretting yet.

I must say that i don't really get it. first off, what do you base your opinion on?
That the pace will naturally pick up over time? Agreed, but how do you know that it will be enough? I am starting to doubt it a little, unless we start getting serious very soon.

I hear many people talking about the great big rush to the finish-line, and don't get me wrong, I am looking forward to that. But it's a bit unnerving to me that so many of you simply trust that this will be enough, besides, Ron Paul needs the money as quickly as we can donate it, so why hold back?

stevedasbach
10-13-2007, 02:37 PM
That's all well and good, but need i remind you that the 350k from week one was 650k below the target of 1mil pr. week that is required?

And the only reason for this weeks gains seems to be the debate, after the debate we had a big spike, and it has been going down hill ever since.

We are projected to raise 6 million total, and every day takes us farther away from our goal. I was hoping to se a steady increase, but we seem to be stagnant, not pushing ahead.

IMO the spike was primarily due to the fundraising email that was sent out, not the debate. There will be more email requests.

Last quarter, there were over 17,000 new donors out of just over 21,000 total. Chances are most of those people will continue donating, and there will likely be even more new donors. Remember -- paid advertising has just begun in IA, NH, and SC.

If we get at least $3M in October, we should meet the $12M goal for the quarter. If we can manage to meet the $4M goal for October, we should raise substantially more than $12M by December 31st.

McDermit
10-13-2007, 02:38 PM
I reallllllly hope they go back to weekly goals soon.

Dutch
10-13-2007, 02:40 PM
"Activity increases as deadlines approach"

In other words, weekly goals are best, imho.

Dutch

Zydeco
10-13-2007, 02:40 PM

when are we going to do something about negative, uninformed thread posters?

ItsTime
10-13-2007, 02:44 PM
My opinion comes from the fact that I have been right about almost everything that happened in the 3Q. I stated they needed to raise over $1m in the last week before they even put up the $500k goal. I guess they would have just over $5m for the 3Q after the last week where we raised $1.2m.

We need to get out and hand out slim jims. Let the campaign run their ads and let us run ours. Things will start to pick up drastically near the end of Oct. (Im prob wrong this time though)

I must say that i don't really get it. first off, what do you base your opinion on?
That the pace will naturally pick up over time? Agreed, but how do you know that it will be enough? I am starting to doubt it a little, unless we start getting serious very soon.

I hear many people talking about the great big rush to the finish-line, and don't get me wrong, I am looking forward to that. But it's a bit unnerving to me that so many of you simply trust that this will be enough, besides, Ron Paul needs the money as quickly as we can donate it, so why hold back?

CasualApathy
10-13-2007, 02:54 PM
when are we going to do something about negative, uninformed thread posters?

First off, I take offense at the suggestion that I am somehow trying to hurt the forum's morale. Is there such a thing as legitimate concern?

Secondly, you call me uninformed.... Are you serious?!

I put a lot of time and effort into this revolution, all I want is for Dr. Paul to win.

CasualApathy
10-13-2007, 02:58 PM
My opinion comes from the fact that I have been right about almost everything that happened in the 3Q. I stated they needed to raise over $1m in the last week before they even put up the $500k goal. I guess they would have just over $5m for the 3Q after the last week where we raised $1.2m.

We need to get out and hand out slim jims. Let the campaign run their ads and let us run ours. Things will start to pick up drastically near the end of Oct. (Im prob wrong this time though)

Well, I certainly hope you are right (as i remember you have been in the past), however, im not really that much into the Crystal-Ball approach. I am leaning more toward the daily increase approach.

Btw, I also think weekly goals would help.

mesler
10-13-2007, 03:00 PM
I posted something on this the other day, but no response.

Everyone who donated needs to find 2 new people to donate. That's just about all it will take. I'm working on my two, hopefully more.

ItsTime
10-13-2007, 03:04 PM
If they donate make sure to get them some slim jims too. My father is a support of Paul now and carries the slim jims with him everywhere he goes. He has already turned two people on to Paul and they have stated they will be making a donation.

It is like a really long chain letter. Just make sure everyone has the slim jims or flyers to keep the ball rolling!

Good luck!

I posted something on this the other day, but no response.

Everyone who donated needs to find 2 new people to donate. That's just about all it will take. I'm working on my two, hopefully more.

Bergie Bergeron
10-13-2007, 03:10 PM
They should make another contest, whatever it is !

chowda
10-13-2007, 03:15 PM
They should make another contest, whatever it is !

I was thinking they should do free merchandise, personal message or a call from the man himself for every few thousand donors or something... every 1776th donor even... something based on the realtime data so people would compete for it.

CasualApathy
10-13-2007, 03:20 PM
I was thinking they should do free merchandise, personal message or a call from the man himself for every few thousand donors or something... every 1776th donor even... something based on the realtime data so people would compete for it.

A W E some! Actually, this is the best idea i have heard so far.

davidhperry
10-13-2007, 03:32 PM

Actually, the projected totals have been climbing pretty steadily. As long as we keep up this level of donations, then we should hit those numbers. As the rate increases, those projections will continue to climb. We passed the $6M mark in the last few hours and I take that as an encouraging sign. However, we do need to pound the pavement to ensure that the actual outcome lines up with the projections.

We likely can't raise this money from just the die-hard supporters and folks on this message board. We need to reach out to our neighbors and others to let them know about Ron.

Pete
10-13-2007, 04:16 PM
I am more concerned about votes than money. The money is coming along quite nicely. Some observations:

When you are in a growth situation, you cannot expect to hit the average at the beginning of the period. In other words, 2, 4, and 6 are a more reasonable expectation than 4,4,4.
The online goal for $12 million total ought to be about $8 million. Q3 online donations were about 70% of the total.
The offline percentage should be higher for the fourth quarter than for the third, because of all the press and supporters working offline.
Even for the first half of October, probably the slowest period we'll see, the rate of donations extrapolates to $5.6 million or so for the quarter. Add to that another 43% for offline donations and you're at $8 million.
Those following the campaign closely know that the campaign is pretty flush right now. Speaking to my own case, I need the money more than they do at this moment. However, I intend to donate at least twice as much as I did last quarter.

I wouldn't be at all surprised by a $20 million quarter, honestly.

TexMac
10-13-2007, 04:23 PM
What do you guys think of this:

Interesting Tidbit on Ron Paul (http://www.elephantbiz.com/2007/10/interesting_tidbit_on_ron_paul.html)

What if we made fundraising calls?

Ron Paul Fan
10-13-2007, 04:28 PM
Fundraising is good. Morale is bad. I guarantee you that we'll raise the $12 million this quarter. We might not do it 4-4-4, but we'll do it. I'm going to bump this thread up at the end of December and show the doubters and naysers that they're idiots. The people who say that fundraising is lagging are the people who said that we'd never raise $1 million in a week. Why believe them? They've been wrong on everything they've said. So why not ask the people who said that we would reach our goals? Freedom is truth and truth is power and we can reach this goal if we believe we can!

CasualApathy
10-13-2007, 04:30 PM
What do you guys think of this:

Interesting Tidbit on Ron Paul (http://www.elephantbiz.com/2007/10/interesting_tidbit_on_ron_paul.html)

What if we made fundraising calls?

Interesting angle for sure. Also, I would forgive RP if he skipped a few votes, and did a little campaigning instead, wouldn't you guys? However, it's his call, and from what i can undertand, he is getting some attention in congress now that we are behind him as well. He is probably getting some networking done. :cool:

CasualApathy
10-13-2007, 04:33 PM
Fundraising is good. Morale is bad. I guarantee you that we'll raise the $12 million this quarter. We might not do it 4-4-4, but we'll do it. I'm going to bump this thread up at the end of December and show the doubters and naysers that they're idiots. The people who say that fundraising is lagging are the people who said that we'd never raise $1 million in a week. Why believe them? They've been wrong on everything they've said. So why not ask the people who said that we would reach our goals? Freedom is truth and truth is power and we can reach this goal if we believe we can!

Actually, this is the second personal attack on me in this thread. Guess personal attacks on people like me who are concerned is good for morale? Think before you type.
My doubts make me an idiot? Ok, if it makes you happy.

DahuiHeeNalu
10-13-2007, 04:36 PM
It's doing good!!!

Ron Paul Fan
10-13-2007, 04:39 PM
Actually, this is the second personal attack on me in this thread. Guess personal attacks on people like me who are concerned is good for morale? Think before you type.

No, I never said that. I said if we reach our goals then you'll look like idiots at the end of the quarter. If we don't reach our goals then I'll look like more of an idiot than I already am! I have not personally attacked you at all. I am attacking whoever started this thread because it serves no purpose but to lower morale. And the first post is not factual because fundraising is not getting worse by the day. Therefore this thread is merely propoganda! That's what I take my issue with, not with any external entity!

CasualApathy
10-13-2007, 04:46 PM
I have not personally attacked you at all. I am attacking whoever started this thread because it serves no purpose but to lower morale.

I started this thread ...

And the purpose of the thread was to find out what you guys thought, and perhaps even spawn some fundraising sollutions.

Drknows
10-13-2007, 04:53 PM

And the purpose of the thread was to find out what you guys thought, and perhaps even spawn some fundraising sollutions.

ADsense for Ron Paul!! Every supporter gets a free blog and free adsense account and use every penny we generate for Ron Paul.

We will all link to one another creating a huge network of blogs and sites.

cac1963
10-13-2007, 04:54 PM
My plan is to scour the fundraising reports when they come out Oct 15 to locate all the donors in my area, then visit them with "thank you" kits with a yard sign, dvds and literature, and ask them to donate again and do more to spread the word among their peers. Maybe some others can try this too and see if it works to keep more money coming into the campaign.

Ron Paul Fan
10-13-2007, 04:56 PM

Ok. I've got a solution. Everyone donate as much as they can afford. And everyone continue to spread the message using any legal means possible.

davidhperry
10-13-2007, 05:02 PM
I am more concerned about votes than money. The money is coming along quite nicely.

Exactly!! The money part of the campaign is good and getting better every day. The top priority should be on connecting others to Ron Paul. If we can successfully do that, the money takes care of itself.

pennycat
10-13-2007, 05:10 PM
I just wish the National Campaign would work more on helping the grassroots. Given the choice of giving money to National to sit in the bank or buying signs to give to others is an obvious choice to me.

Original_Intent
10-13-2007, 05:11 PM

Actually I don't think it was a personal attack I think he was playing on what RP has said when talking about people for the war.

Original_Intent
10-13-2007, 05:12 PM
My plan is to scour the fundraising reports when they come out Oct 15 to locate all the donors in my area, then visit them with "thank you" kits with a yard sign, dvds and literature, and ask them to donate again and do more to spread the word among their peers. Maybe some others can try this too and see if it works to keep more money coming into the campaign.

That is an outstanding idea!

Ron Paul Fan
10-13-2007, 05:13 PM
I just wish the National Campaign would work more on helping the grassroots. Given the choice of giving money to National to sit in the bank or buying signs to give to others is an obvious choice to me.

Legally, they can't. Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. And I think General Patton would agree with my statement.

DrNoZone
10-13-2007, 05:44 PM

My question is, what are YOU going to do about it? Are you donating every penny you can? Are you asking others to donate? That's the only way you're doing anything to help the fundraising. Complaining here isn't doing a damn bit of good. You're preaching to the choir.

Adamsa
10-13-2007, 05:58 PM
I'd say it's staying very consistent each day, it isn't as explosive as we'd like, but it is stable - and that is the most important thing.

pennycat
10-13-2007, 06:05 PM
Legally, they can't. Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. And I think General Patton would agree with my statement.

Absolutely false. The campaign now sells signs out of their store for anywhere from $6 to $2.50 plus shipping. Whether they sell them at $6 or $1 it is their choice. It's an embarrassment that Ron Paul Patriots have to pay the campaign to promote RP. Same goes for literature. What a wasted opportunity.

DrNoZone
10-13-2007, 06:10 PM
Absolutely false. The campaign now sells signs out of their store for anywhere from $6 to $2.50 plus shipping. Whether they sell them at $6 or $1 it is their choice. It's an embarrassment that Ron Paul Patriots have to pay the campaign to promote RP. Same goes for literature. What a wasted opportunity.

They don't in all cases. My meetup has received slim jims, signs, and all sorts of material from the official campaign. At our RP walk today we had the BIGGEST RP signs I had ever seen (we're talking 4 feet high by 8 feet wide); when I asked where they got them, they said "the campaign".

thehittgirl
10-13-2007, 06:10 PM
I know what you mean...BUT I really do believe it will pick up. Especially with the growing support.

LibertyEagle
10-13-2007, 06:12 PM

Nick, did you miss their $430k Ad buy? The campaign needs all the money they can get to advertise. The money that they have right now is small potatoes, compared to what they really need to do this right.

Note: If someone does not have signs and cannot afford them, I would imagine we could raise some money here to get them for them.

ItsTime
10-13-2007, 06:12 PM
Huh? Call your state HQ and ask. They will give you anything and everything you need. Just ask

cac1963
10-13-2007, 06:18 PM

Every sign you buy from a third party is money going into that third party's pockets, vs. every sign you buy from the campaign is money going into the total amount raised on their tally sheet. The money is being spent by Ron Paul Patriots regardless, so why do you not recognize the benefit of that money being listed on the campaign financial reports at the end of each quarter?

pennycat
10-13-2007, 06:37 PM
Every sign you buy from a third party is money going into that third party's pockets, vs. every sign you buy from the campaign is money going into the total amount raised on their tally sheet. The money is being spent by Ron Paul Patriots regardless, so why do you not recognize the benefit of that money being listed on the campaign financial reports at the end of each quarter?

Yeah, and you want to know the outrageous part? I can buy better signs for less off the internet. Can you explain why the campaign wants to make a profit off the life-blood of the grassroots--namely signs and literature??

And as far as the $435,000 radio buy, great. How about sharing the love with some of us foot soldiers??

I might even dare to make the statement that I can do better in the grassroots with $435,000 than with some boring radio ad.

It is high time the National campaign starts respecting the HARD work the grassroots are doing. And by respect I mean more than just a few thank you's. Emphasis on the word few. Figure it out.

Ron Paul Fan
10-13-2007, 06:38 PM

I was more talking about the HQ directing the grassroots about how to go about doing things, hence the quote. But if you needed money to buy literature then why didn't you say something? I've got plenty of extra literature sitting around. This is what the grassroots is for- To help people spread the message!!! Speak up!

DrNoZone
10-13-2007, 06:39 PM
Yeah, and you want to know the outrageous part? I can buy better signs for less off the internet. Can you explain why the campaign wants to make a profit off the life-blood of the grassroots--namely signs and literature??

And as far as the $435,000 radio buy, great. How about sharing the love with some of us foot soldiers??

I might even dare to make the statement that I can do better in the grassroots with $435,000 than with some boring radio ad.

It is high time the National campaign starts respecting the HARD work the grassroots are doing. And by respect I mean more than just a few thank you's. Emphasis on the word few. Figure it out.

Whine, whine, whine. My lord.

ronpaulyourmom
10-13-2007, 06:47 PM
For the record, the pace of online donations in the final week of last quarter was furious, about 6x higher than the week before it during fill the quill. If we could show a similar pace this month, we might be able to get 2 million in the final week of October.

Then again, maybe people just wont get as excited. No real way of knowing, obviously.

cac1963
10-13-2007, 07:11 PM
Yeah, and you want to know the outrageous part? I can buy better signs for less off the internet.

So what's your point then if you're not demanding that someone else pay for the materials you want to use?

akovacs
10-13-2007, 07:13 PM
I didn't read the whole thread, so if this is covered, ignore:

I think this is more serious than most people realize. If you do a quadratic (not linear) fit to the data so far, which I think is a reasonable approximation of how the donation total will look for the month, we're only going to hit $3 million. We really need to get the rate increasing now.

james1844
10-13-2007, 07:16 PM
okay... here is what I am doing about fundraising...

Mr. James Hendrickson,

Thank you very much for your donation of $5.00 to the Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign.

Your donation will allow us to expand and grow our campaign.

We depend on donors like you to help us spread the message of freedom, peace and prosperity through Ron Paul’s candidacy.

Thanks for being a part of the campaign!

Your confirmation number:
T56329-95960506

TechnoGuyRob
10-13-2007, 07:20 PM
Wonderful response, James!

DrNoZone
10-13-2007, 07:22 PM
And here's what I'm doing: I and my wife just made donations totaling $50.

Politeia
10-13-2007, 08:09 PM

Nick, it sounds like maybe you aren't having fun anymore. If you're feeling burnt out, or put upon, please cut back to where you enjoy it again. Please remember, Dr. Paul emphasizes in every speech that whatever we do, we should enjoy doing it. That's the heart of the message. You don't owe anything to the Paul campaign, to the world, to anyone that requires you to make yourself feel bad.

The original organizer of our local meetup group retired when she came to the end of the energy she had to put into the project. She still comes to meetings, gets handout stuff (I buy cards from her to pass out), does whatever she feels moved to do. I thank her for what she's done, and what she still does. And I do what I feel moved to do, and don't expect anything of anyone else; so whatever anyone contributes is a pleasant surprise, great or small. Everyone is welcome to do what they feel moved to do, but no one has any obligation to do more.

Take some time off, and I'd suggest reading How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World (http://www.harrybrowne.org), especially the chapters titled "the Unselfishness Trap", "The Group Trap", and "The Burning Issue Trap". There's no point in trying to "free" the world if you don't free yourself first.

pennycat
10-13-2007, 08:19 PM
Nick, it sounds like maybe you aren't having fun anymore. If you're feeling burnt out, or put upon, please cut back to where you enjoy it again. Please remember, Dr. Paul emphasizes in every speech that whatever we do, we should enjoy doing it. That's the heart of the message. You don't owe anything to the Paul campaign, to the world, to anyone that requires you to make yourself feel bad.

The original organizer of our local meetup group retired when she came to the end of the energy she had to put into the project. She still comes to meetings, gets handout stuff (I buy cards from her to pass out), does whatever she feels moved to do. I thank her for what she's done, and what she still does. And I do what I feel moved to do, and don't expect anything of anyone else; so whatever anyone contributes is a pleasant surprise, great or small. Everyone is welcome to do what they feel moved to do, but no one has any obligation to do more.

Take some time off, and I'd suggest reading How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World (http://www.harrybrowne.org), especially the chapters titled "the Unselfishness Trap", "The Group Trap", and "The Burning Issue Trap". There's no point in trying to "free" the world if you don't free yourself first.

Oh, don't be silly. I'm not feeling 'burnt out,' 'at the end of my energy level,' etc. People that basically just do what they are 'moved' to do, often don't do that much. I'm certainly not one of those people.

What I am is wanting to win this campaign. It will only come through hard work. I'm not afraid of that. I do however, like to work smart when possible. Lots of grassroots organizing materials would help.

Hook
10-13-2007, 08:43 PM
The campaign charges for materials to cover the costs of materials, labor, and shipping. That way they can spend all the donation money on radio and tv spots, etc. Charging some small amount also insures that people don't abuse the system and order way more stuff than they could ever distribute. It's called the tragedy of the commons. Without some negative consequences (paying money), resources won't get distributed optimally.

Politeia
10-13-2007, 08:54 PM
Oh, don't be silly. I'm not feeling 'burnt out,' 'at the end of my energy level,' etc. People that basically just do what they are 'moved' to do, often don't do that much. I'm certainly not one of those people.

Well, seems to me you've just proved my point. For some reason of your own apparently you are doing more than what you are really moved to do, i.e. "sacrificing" in some way, and you feel resentful because you feel others are not working as hard as you are, or sacrificing as much, or putting themselves out as much, etc., so you are posting angry complaints here about how you are not being supported as well as you feel you deserve.

Sorry, it's all in your head. You're setting up expectations of what others "should" be doing, then complaining that they aren't doing it. No one has made a contract with you that requires you to overwork yourself, so no one owes you anything for what you do.

Lots of grassroots organizing materials would help.

So, if you can't find what you want, make it yourself. Several on this thread have even offered to help. Don't rag on Campaign HQ, who I'm sure are overworked -- but who are not asking anything of you beyond what you freely wish to give. This is a volunteer effort.

Hook
10-13-2007, 09:04 PM
As far as the original thread topic, the rate of donations have consistently followed a exponential curve. that means you should expect less donations early on, and more later. So don't panic.
Having said that, the only way the curve can keep growing geometrically is for current donors to convert others into donating and campaigning. It is the only viable long-term strategy because there are limited resources available from current donors.

Politeia
10-13-2007, 09:19 PM
... the only way the curve can keep growing geometrically is for current donors to convert others into donating and campaigning.

Well, partly that, but I don't really think it's all up to us. I see the Universe as basically demand-based. If the people want freedom, they'll call into being an opportunity to have it. I've been an admirer and supporter of Ron Paul for over 25 years; like him, after a quarter-century talking to everyone I know with little or no result, I had no expectation of anything like this rEVOLution coming about in my lifetime. That it has indicates to me that there is a large number of Americans who are, finally, interested in freedom -- or who are at least vaguely attracted to the idea, and perhaps tired enough of the alternative to consider it. A life ruled by an addiction must end in either (1) death, or (2) a change. We are, it seems, just about at that point of decision as a society and a nation.

Word is getting out. Today, as I do every Saturday, I went to the local Farmers Market and handed out more of those great half-page flyers (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=16701) (I'm in the mosaic), and even here in my hyper-liberal town a lot of people were saying, "Yeah, I've heard good things about this guy."

While of course we'll all do our best, in the end it is out of our hands. If it's time, Whoever's Running This Show will bring it about. I think that's Ron Paul's policy: Do your best, and leave the outcome to the Creator of Your Choice. I doubt he could have lasted so long if he were given to worrying. Nor could he smile and laugh so much -- which is a lot of his appeal, make no mistake. He's got a great bedside manner.

austin356
10-13-2007, 09:22 PM
well when supporters are sending emails like this to their family, the future is positive in fundraising:

Date: Oct 13, 2007 7:41 PM
Subject: An 8 minute Inspiration:
To: "*****, Suzanne" <suzanne.******.com>

Hey check out this video on this page. It has to be one of the best videos on any subject I have ever seen done on the internet. Very inspiring!!

Please forward it also; Very simple and it does not have anything controversial in it.

www.ronpaulishope.com

Also I hope you know I dont want anything for Christmas this year........ Just a confirmation number from a donation. I am being completely serious. Do not let a single family member buy me one gift, just a receipt. For if I do receive anything I will just sell it and donate the money myself.

-AW

Hook
10-13-2007, 09:22 PM
Well, partly that, but I don't really think it's all up to us. I see the Universe as basically demand-based. If the people want freedom, they'll call into being an opportunity to have it. I've been an admirer and supporter of Ron Paul for over 25 years; like him, after a quarter-century talking to everyone I know with little or no result, I had no expectation of anything like this rEVOLution coming about in my lifetime. That it has indicates to me that there is a large number of Americans who are, finally, interested in freedom -- or who are at least vaguely attracted to the idea, and perhaps tired enough of the alternative to consider it. A life ruled by an addiction must end in either (1) death, or (2) a change. We are, it seems, just about at that point of decision as a society and a nation.

Word is getting out. Today, as I do every Saturday, I went to the local Farmers Market and handed out more of those great half-page flyers (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=16701) (I'm in the mosaic), and even here in my hyper-liberal town a lot of people were saying, "Yeah, I've heard good things about this guy."

While of course we'll all do our best, in the end it is out of our hands. If it's time, Whoever's Running This Show will bring it about. I think that's Ron Paul's policy: Do your best, and leave the outcome to the Creator of Your Choice. I doubt he could have lasted so long if he were given to worrying. Nor could he smile and laugh so much -- which is a lot of his appeal, make no mistake. He's got a great bedside manner.

Very Poetic :)

Politeia
10-13-2007, 09:33 PM
Please forward it also; Very simple and it does not have anything controversial in it.

www.ronpaulishope.com

Well, it does have a couple of minor flaws (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=24676); but agreed, it's a great video. Thanks for the link to a nicely-presented version. A liberal friend responded, when I sent her the link to the original YouTube the night it took off:

Boy,
You were up late to send this - it is very good!

"I am the champion of the Constitution." That clip always chokes me up.

I like the note about Christmas presents; great!

SwordOfShannarah
10-13-2007, 09:50 PM
Im not argueing with that. However at this pace, by the time people get really fired up and serious about this, it is going to be very difficult to pick up the slack. It is close to 1 million dollars that we are trailing behind now.

A lot of people spent all they could during that last week/month end to make sure Ron had a million. Those people need a few weeks to recoup but will have something again by the end of the month. Many new people are just now learning about Ron Paul in the media. It's going to take them some time to choose to donate, but now that they are paying attention they'll know when the next month end rally for donations starts to kick in. That's when I think a lot of the newbies will start to give.

Yes we should give as much as we can as soon as we can, but I think we're going to see a huge push at the end of the moth.

ronpaulhawaii
10-13-2007, 10:21 PM
Well, get out there and educate more people about Ron Paul if you want the numbers to go up quicker. Have you canvased your neighborhood with slim jims? Does everyone in your neighborhood know about Ron Paul? If not, why?

We need massive campaigning on the ground if we want to reach massive numbers.

Hear here!!! Quick Mike is a door to door king, follow his lead. Raise the numbers of supporters and the money is sure to follow.

I think anyone who has not reached ClubMax has no business starting threads with titles like this. CasualApathy, are you maxxed, is all of your friends and family donating, your neighbors. Methinks you will have much better luck motivating people you know than starting a thread like this (and then saying...

And the purpose of the thread was to find out what you guys thought, and perhaps even spawn some fundraising sollutions. )

Perhaps you should have used the word "what" instead of "when" in your title, then this last statement would have been accurate. Instead it only looks like you are putting evryone down for not fulfilling your expectations. Are you Maxxed?

See Casual, this is the type of reaction your ill titled thread creates. Negativity breeds and works against the goal you say you want so much. Are you maxxed?

sheesh