PDA

View Full Version : July 27 Primary IS the Election for OK District 4 - Support RJ!

Stubborn_Facts
06-13-2010, 05:28 AM
Hello to everyone interested in Oklahoma's Fourth Congressional and RJ Harris' campaign.

There is a lot happening - it's only been for lack of "techie types" in the volunteer ranks that things have not been updated frequently here.

You'll please excuse that I've been a bit of a lurker on these forums for many months (I believe I posted something once). I've been a bit wrapped up, one could say, jumping in with both feet to do what little I can about the messes everywhere we look, so when I've stopped in, I've enjoyed reading but didn't take time to post.

I do so now because I do feel RJ's campaign is very important and therefore my current effort to do what I can. I've got a lot of respect for these forums and I think they're just one sign of the tip of the spear efforts that everyone put in to Dr. Paul's campaign. The continuation of the activity is obvious proof that a whole movement was truly set in motion!

I hope to be updating folks regularly from here on out. I'll get started by highlighting a few things that happened this past week and list a few coming up.

Official filing
The filing window for candidates in Oklahoma was this Monday - Wednesday.
RJ filed on Monday morning. Thanks to the organization skills of staff, RJ was able to talk to a lot of members of the press, including Ch. 9 and KTOK radio.

No Democrat filed for Oklahoma's Fourth Congressional District so the July 27 IS the election.
There were two candidates who filed for the seat; incumbent bail-out voter Tom Cole and the Constitution-loving, liberty candidate RJ Harris.

RJ was very enthusiastically received at the Cleveland County Candidates Forum on Friday night (6/11).
As is usually the case, the county party establishment did everything they could do game the system for the incumbents. This round, that included doing a straw poll BEFORE the candidates spoke.
You can watch the videos on YouTube of both Coles' and RJ's speeches and see for yourself how each was received. Cole spoke first:

YouTube - Liberal Republican Tom Cole (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3wRHf4qYdg)

YouTube - RJ Harris - Speech at the Cleveland County GOP (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZcOv1VfMac)

The straw poll results were RJ 42%, Cole 58%.
Multiple reports indicate if the poll had been taken after the speeches and the "speed dating" sessions interacting with voters, the numbers would have been reversed.

We're pleased with the results and the reaction of the voters present, but of course, there is MORE work to be done. If you are in Oklahoma or know someone there, volunteering for RJ to walk blocks, put out signs, make phone calls, help at events etc. is what's needed right now. If you're not in Oklahoma, you can still help by posting / sharing information online. For instance, you could share RJ's posts on Facebook or Twitter or send video links to friends through email. And of course, you could donate!

Upcoming events:
There are several this week and I'll be back to post more in the next day or two. In the meantime, you can check out RJ's website (http://rjharris2010.com) on the "Events" page if you'd like to look ahead.

Two to highlight for now...

RJ will be LIVE on KTOK radio at 8:30pm TONIGHT
You can listen live by going to the KTOK website (http://www.ktok.com/main.html) and clicking the "Listen Live" button in the upper left-hand corner.

Valley Forge Money Bomb - next Saturday, June 19th
We're working on several elements for this event, and I'll be back to update about it, but of course, the main object is to raise as much money as possible to put in our best efforts through the primary. Tom Cole has deep pockets and it appears he's more concerned now about July 27 - as he should be - so he's likely to start spending it.

Again, as I noted, I'll be here as often as possible. In the meantime, the best way to interact directly with RJ is on his Facebook fan page (http://www.facebook.com/pages/RJ-Harris/128692249103?ref=ts), but I'd also be happy to field questions here. Whatever I can't answer, I'll submit directly to him.

Thanks for taking the time to read this!

Nathan Hale
06-14-2010, 12:30 PM
Isn't RJ deployed to Afghanistan????

Stubborn_Facts
06-14-2010, 10:55 PM
Isn't RJ deployed to Afghanistan????

Hey Nathan,

RJ received a deployment order for the Afghanistan surge for later this summer. He isn't allowed to say precisely when.

He WILL be in Oklahoma through the primary season and he is running a vigorous campaign.

Thanks for asking!

Nathan Hale
06-15-2010, 06:20 AM
Hey Nathan,

RJ received a deployment order for the Afghanistan surge for later this summer. He isn't allowed to say precisely when.

He WILL be in Oklahoma through the primary season and he is running a vigorous campaign.

Thanks for asking!

If he wins the seat in the primary, does he get to stay in the US?

RJHarris2010
06-18-2010, 06:43 PM
Hey Nathan,

When RJ wins, he simply will not take his seat until he returns from deployment. Historically the military tends to send representatives home and switch them into a different division so they can take their seats. Eitherway, RJ will not lose the seat, he simply won't be able to sit in until he returns. That could be a few months into 2011 but not very long.

libertybrewcity
06-18-2010, 07:31 PM
i just talked to someone on the phone yesterday from the campaign! apparently it is still in full force and Rj is still campaigning hard!

the straw poll is very encouraging and they still have time to get to a lot of people in the district.