PDA

View Full Version : Attention ladies, A new RP site dedicated to ladies needs your content

RP08
10-13-2007, 01:06 PM
Wifey is just starting work on a new site and needs content, input, discussion, from other female Ron Paul supporters ASAP and ongoing.

Pictures!!!, testimonials, poems, stories, Ron Paul-related are all desperately needed.

Guys, if your female friends, girl friend, spouse, coworker, etc. might have anything to contribute, please encourage them to...

Ladies, please strike up a discussion and/or start sending material to (email address warped due to spam bots. Please correct manually in your email application):

L4RP <a T> Ladies4RonPaul.com

Thank you kindly,
RP08

Matt Collins
10-13-2007, 01:52 PM

RP4ME
10-13-2007, 01:56 PM
We should have an "available bachelors" section so that I might could get a date :D

Awww you might could?

HEHE

Thats cute shugga!

ladyliberty
10-13-2007, 01:59 PM
We should have an "available bachelors" section so that I might could get a date :D

Aint that sweet - country boy from Nashville eh? Available for what? :p

ladyliberty
10-13-2007, 02:02 PM
Wifey is just starting work on a new site and needs content, input, discussion, from other female Ron Paul supporters ASAP and ongoing.

Pictures!!!, testimonials, poems, stories, Ron Paul-related are all desperately needed.

Guys, if your female friends, girl friend, spouse, coworker, etc. might have anything to contribute, please encourage them to...

Ladies, please strike up a discussion and/or start sending material to (email address warped due to spam bots. Please correct manually in your email application):

L4RP <a T> Ladies4RonPaul.com

Thank you kindly,
RP08

just book marked it!

traviskicks
10-13-2007, 02:04 PM

lol, you beat me to it, Ron Paul ladies all the way! :)

constituent
10-13-2007, 02:06 PM
"everything woman is hawt"

Question_Authority
10-13-2007, 02:12 PM

Ladies, please strike up a discussion [/I]

No offense, but I find this odd. I am a woman, yet I dislike "woman-centered" issues...how does my interest in Ron Paul differ from any man's interest? In fact, the whole premise goes against Ron Paul's philosophy of not splitting people into groups.

This is not a harsh criticism of your wife's project. I am just questioning the purpose behind it. I honestly do not get it.

In my mind, all the issues are the same for man or woman: liberty, peace, individual rights.

constituent
10-13-2007, 02:14 PM
^b/c demographics count.

McDermit
10-13-2007, 02:32 PM
Because we have to market to the sheeple. And quite frankly, like it or not, most women DON'T think the same way that men do.

RP's stance on the Dept of Ed, for example, should be explained in depth on this site. His stance on abortion should be dissected and presented in a way that would appeal to more women. Health freedom should be highlighted. Non-mandated mental health screening SHOULD be a plus, if properly presented. Etc.

RP08
10-13-2007, 02:47 PM
No offense, but I find this odd. I am a woman, yet I dislike "woman-centered" issues...how does my interest in Ron Paul differ from any man's interest? In fact, the whole premise goes against Ron Paul's philosophy of not splitting people into groups.

This is not a harsh criticism of your wife's project. I am just questioning the purpose behind it. I honestly do not get it.

In my mind, all the issues are the same for man or woman: liberty, peace, individual rights.

It's just for fun and there's something fun about this movement.

If there's a "ex 80's punkers for Ron Paul" site, sign me up.

"Collectivism" and grouping is absolutely not the intent.

It's all about creative ways to keep spreading the message and enjoy each other's energy and support.

Cindy
10-13-2007, 03:12 PM
Because we have to market to the sheeple. And quite frankly, like it or not, most women DON'T think the same way that men do.

I think the majority of female Paul supporters are the sort they do tend to think more like men do.

I understand trying to appeal to a female voting block in a way that makes them feel like their "needs" are being addressed by Paul.

However, I agree with who posted before that said, I am not sure either what needs women have regarding Government, that men also do not share and I am not down with the grouping people ideaology either.

Everything that concerns me, equally concerns my husband.

I do agree that hearing from a female on his abortion stance is better recieved from a female then from a male, yet that's about it. Even then, I am a female and I am strongly pro choice so..............any time I tried to help a female reason through that negative, in favor of all of his other positives, they just get more pissy carrying on about how it's their body, "F" men who think they have power over it blah blah and I happen to agree.:p

I hope it works to draw some new supporters though. All new ideas are worth a shot. :)

Lois
10-13-2007, 04:27 PM
Thanks, RP08, to your wife for making a website for us ladies. I think that cool -- any effort for Ron Paul is good energy and helps a little bit more. I'll check with her via email.

Lois

lasenorita
10-13-2007, 05:15 PM
I think it's a good idea. It's smart to target a specific demographic that caters to their perceived needs and addresses the issues that most concerns them. In that way, "Ladies for Ron Paul" is similar to "Military for Paul", "New Mexico for Ron Paul", and even "Strippers for Ron Paul".

And it's not as if you have to include and focus only on certain issues. The information you have now like the brief overview of Paul's record as a Congressman affects every individual American equally, but would be a tad bit more well received (if possible!) when it's packaged with sugar, spice, and everything nice.

Anyways, for site content, may I suggest that you create a love letters section dedicated to Ron Paul and his message of liberty? That's sure to get the words flowing and maybe even some participation from the gentlemen too. :D Oh, and don't forget to mention "The Ron Paul Family and Friends Cookbook" by Mrs. Paul! Even a short article similar to or a link to Ron & Carol Paul's Wedding Story (http://bridesdecide.com/articles/a70830114256/ron--carol-pauls-wedding-story.aspx) would be heart-warming, me thinks.

If you need help with site design, PM me. I'd be happy to help out in my spare time.

LibertyEagle
10-13-2007, 05:20 PM

You're right. Women house all their brains in their head, as opposed to men having 90% of theirs positioned between their legs. Is that what you're talking about? ;)

RP's stance on the Dept of Ed, for example, should be explained in depth on this site.

Oh, so men don't need an "in depth" explanation about the Dept. of Education, right? Is that what you're saying? Right! :rolleyes:

His stance on abortion should be dissected and presented in a way that would appeal to more women. Health freedom should be highlighted. Non-mandated mental health screening SHOULD be a plus, if properly presented. Etc.

Actually, women need the facts, the very same way that men do. But note that women have a highly attuned bullshit detector in constant operation. You might say that this detector has been genetically-honed throughout history, as a means of weeding out the less desirable in the opposite sex. :)

Cheers.

RP08
10-13-2007, 05:25 PM
"everything woman is hawt"

Hey- this is L4RP... RP08's wife & the web dev for ladies4ronpaul... that graphic was SUPPOSED to read "Every thinking woman is HAWT", but obviously the glitter effect marred the text. Lol, thanks Imageshack!! ;) We have been laughing about it all afternoon- but anyway, thx for visiting the site before it's officially launched, and thx for pointing that out. I am in the process of changing it tonight. Hahaha!! :D Take care, L4RP

RP08
10-13-2007, 05:43 PM
I think it's a good idea. It's smart to target a specific demographic that caters to their perceived needs and addresses the issues that most concerns them. In that way, "Ladies for Ron Paul" is similar to "Military for Paul", "New Mexico for Ron Paul", and even "Strippers for Ron Paul".

And it's not as if you have to include and focus only on certain issues. The information you have now like the brief overview of Paul's record as a Congressman affects every individual American equally, but would be a tad bit more well received (if possible!) when it's packaged with sugar, spice, and everything nice.

Anyways, for site content, may I suggest that you create a love letters section dedicated to Ron Paul and his message of liberty? That's sure to get the words flowing and maybe even some participation from the gentlemen too. :D Oh, and don't forget to mention "The Ron Paul Family and Friends Cookbook" by Mrs. Paul! Even a short article similar to or a link to Ron & Carol Paul's Wedding Story (http://bridesdecide.com/articles/a70830114256/ron--carol-pauls-wedding-story.aspx) would be heart-warming, me thinks.

If you need help with site design, PM me. I'd be happy to help out in my spare time.

RP08 (hubby) back again. What an uplifting and encouraging post! Thanks for that. This and any input you have is wonderful.

Success for this new site is all about content. While my wife is wating for her forum registration confirmation, here, she is receiving emails at the address originally posted.

See, that's why I talk-up this site and its members so much. We've been able to accomplish some awesome acheivements on our own, and with each other's support.

Thank you all very much.

thehittgirl
10-13-2007, 06:15 PM
Great idea! I thought of it myself, but glad your wife is doing it.

thehittgirl
10-13-2007, 06:20 PM
[QUOTE]I think the majority of female Paul supporters are the sort they do tend to think more like men do.

I understand trying to appeal to a female voting block in a way that makes them feel like their "needs" are being addressed by Paul. QUOTE]

This is me pretty much. I always joke with hubby saying I'm the man in the marriage.

I tell a lot of women I speak to about RP that the biggest reason I have gotten involved with this campaign is because of my sons, especially my oldest. I don't want them fighting this unjust war. The good thing is that most of the women I talk to are antiwar and they seem to be positive about that.

10thAmendmentMan
10-13-2007, 06:25 PM
Why have a site only for women? Doesn't that kind of go against Dr. Paul's philosophy of treating people as individuals? Anyhow, what can be discussed? "I love Ron Paul so much, I don't get mad at him even when I'm having my period!"

RP08
10-13-2007, 06:41 PM
Why have a site only for women? Doesn't that kind of go against Dr. Paul's philosophy of treating people as individuals? Anyhow, what can be discussed? "I love Ron Paul so much, I don't get mad at him even when I'm having my period!"

Wow... brutal.

Kinda' like a "bikers for Ron Paul" forum that stands on "I like Ron Paul as long as I don't have a broken chain or need an oil change."?

LOL

It's all in good fun.

Roxi
10-13-2007, 06:48 PM
You're right. Women house all their brains in their head, as opposed to men having 90% of theirs positioned between their legs. Is that what you're talking about? ;)

Oh, so men don't need an "in depth" explanation about the Dept. of Education, right? Is that what you're saying? Right! :rolleyes:

Actually, women need the facts, the very same way that men do. But note that women have a highly attuned bullshit detector in constant operation. You might say that this detector has been genetically-honed throughout history, as a means of weeding out the less desirable in the opposite sex.
Cheers.

I FRIGGIN LOVE YOU

in the platonic sense of course :D

RP08
10-14-2007, 11:54 AM
We've gotten some great input already. Please keep it flowing. This can turn out to be a fun new site.

L4RP
10-14-2007, 08:47 PM

L4RP
10-14-2007, 08:48 PM

Hi! I am so glad you asked this question- and, I agree with you. The intent of creating this site is not to separate us out or divide us from men but rather to intensify the attention on Dr. Paul's campaign from yet another facet of society...

Personally, I know a few women who seem to only be repeating the opinions voiced by the men in their lives, and while they may be the minority, it makes me very sad and I aim to correct this. This is all that the site is about. I don’t believe in parroting one another’s opinions, but rather a freethinking society where we can all ponder issues and make decisions for ourselves; further UNITING the global Ron Paul community.

The site is not just for women, although I intend some of the discussions to be worded or geared in this direction- merely for the sake of those who are too shy or unknowledgeable to jump into other communities. There are still many women in America who are unsure of their political footing outside of what their fathers/brothers/husbands/sons/etc. tell them. It will not be a female-only site by any means, but rather women stating out loud that they stand up for Ron Paul because of their own thoughts/beliefs/understandings, hence joining the march onward with all of the rest of us.

I don't expect anyone to agree with me or think it a "noble cause" by any means (lol!), but I would like a site for myself and other women to be able to gather and speak amongst ourselves on the issues, reaffirming our beliefs, and to further unite the campaign efforts..

I know (and fully expect) there will be jokes about lesbianism, feminism, separatism, collectivism, dating, etc. but I am prepared to accept these as I believe there is potentially a great payoff for women who should choose to participate.

Thank you so much for asking! Best wishes and RON PAUL 2008!!!!

L4RP
10-14-2007, 09:09 PM

"Oooh, look at me- I'm a man, I don't have a period, I don't understand it- I find myself wanting women but I find myself needlessly mocking them when I don't understand WTF they're talking about... oh, and being a man I am an individual, but women are not if they call themselves “women”" Hahahaha, only joking. Dude, seriously? Are you serious? Really? Nice. What level of education are you sporting there buckaroo?

Dude, honestly, I think there are a few conversations even you would rather not be a part of… but, thanks for the laughs- seriously, if I had a website devoted to men who never lifted a finger to write research papers on illegal phone tapping or bothered to propose solutions to the illegal immigration issues to their local representatives, it would be emptier than your lame @55 post quoted above.

ANYWAY I digress... we all know men & women's brain chemistry, biology, and general makeup is different. We know our biological functions are different. What makes you think that women are satisfied discussing who is having their period rather than attacking the issues of civil liberties that Dr. Paul so passionately defends? May I remind you that you are not likely to be soon faced with the idea of getting an abortion (or at least I hope not, yikes!), that women are truly concerned about issues like marriage and their sons getting shipped off to die in illegal wars.

Perhaps (now just stay with me for a second & imagine this…) there was a place where say, mothers or war widows (like my pregnant friend who recently lost her husband in a war she views as pointless), could gather & speak about their sons and husbands getting shipped off to Iraq and provide a supportive social network for each other. Are you going to provide that? Are you going to unite us all in our individual struggles in life through your compassion and concern (albeit lack of life experience?). No? OK, have a nice day.

We are all individual in our own experiences and fights, but united we will form a community no one can stand against- it’s called HUMANITY. When 1 stands, they are easily knocked down- when many stand uniquely as 1 they cannot be defeated. RON PAUL 20008!!!

L4RP
10-14-2007, 09:31 PM

p.s. a tiny sample of a few other um, "separate groups” that are not you as we are not individuals if we join a group ;)

 Students for Ron Paul: http://studentsforpaul.org/
 Seniors for Ron Paul: http://www.seniorsforronpaul.com/
 Ron Paul riders: http://ronpaulriders.com/
 Granny Warriors for Ron Paul: http://www.grannywarriors.com/
 Vets for Ron Paul: http://veteransforpaul.org/
 Christians for Ron Paul: http://www.christiansforronpaul.com/
 People for Ron Paul: http://www.dailypaul.com/node/1443
 Democrats for Ron Paul: http://democratsforronpaul.com/ also: http://buzzfeed.com/buzz/Democrats_for_Ron_Paul also: http://www.demsforronpaul.org/
 Canadians for Ron Paul: http://www.canadiansforronpaul.com/
 New Mexico for Ron Paul: http://www.nmforronpaul.com/
 Nashville for Ron Paul: http://www.nashvilleforronpaul.com/
 Displaced programmers for Ron Paul: http://majorityrights.com/index.php/weblog/comments/displaced_programmer_support_for_ron_paul/
 Military for Ron Paul: http://www.military4paul.com/
 Manhattan students & young professionals for Ron Paul: http://ronpaul.meetup.com/143/?gj=sj5
 Etc., etc., etc.

Dude- resistance is futile, you will be assimilated. RON PAUL 2008!!

RP08
10-15-2007, 08:59 AM
Monday bump

lisajames96
10-15-2007, 09:13 AM
i like the idea. Is there a website link yet?

RP08
10-15-2007, 09:26 AM
i like the idea. Is there a website link yet?

Not just yet... very soon though. A skeleton is being developed right now. More content is needed to begin publishing. Many individual contributors (you too?) are already starting to send good stuff to go through.

Cheers

Matt Collins
10-15-2007, 09:54 AM
Check this thread:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=25141

RP08
10-15-2007, 09:56 AM
Check this thread:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=25141

Don't do that to me man. It's not the weekend anymore and I'm at work now :D

ladyliberty
10-15-2007, 02:45 PM
I tried that website but all i get is

Error 403 - Forbidden
You tried to access a document for which you don't have privileges.

Ozwest
10-15-2007, 03:46 PM
Are there actual women on this thread or is it a bunch of blokes during rutting season?

RP08
10-15-2007, 04:13 PM
I tried that website but all i get is

Error 403 - Forbidden
You tried to access a document for which you don't have privileges.

Correct. It will be published to the web after first having some content.

ckhagen
10-15-2007, 04:36 PM
Maybe this is relevant, maybe not, but I plan on emailing the campaign because I would like to know Dr. Paul's stances on the miserable state of womens obstetric care in the country, the illegalization of midwives, chronic violation of women's rights in childbirth, coersion into unnecessary interventions/testing/drugs, the resulting skyrocketing cesarean rates, and residual VBAC bans. I know, that's a lot, but it's a serious issue that's rising to the forefront and I've been personally entrenched in attempting to start the ball rolling on toppling the huge stronghold on personal liberties that this current structure has.

RP08
10-15-2007, 05:04 PM
Maybe this is relevant, maybe not, but I plan on emailing the campaign because I would like to know Dr. Paul's stances on the miserable state of womens obstetric care in the country, the illegalization of midwives, chronic violation of women's rights in childbirth, coersion into unnecessary interventions/testing/drugs, the resulting skyrocketing cesarean rates, and residual VBAC bans. I know, that's a lot, but it's a serious issue that's rising to the forefront and I've been personally entrenched in attempting to start the ball rolling on toppling the huge stronghold on personal liberties that this current structure has.

!! That's completely relevent and I strongly urge you to (also) bring your thoughts and knowledge of these hardly-known issues to the attention of L4RP <a T> Ladies4RonPaul.com (email address obviously needs manual correction in your email application), and continue updating the important information as it becomes available to you. Important topics, indeed.

Matt Collins
10-15-2007, 05:49 PM
Don't do that to me man. It's not the weekend anymore and I'm at work now :D.I thought it was relevant to the subject at hand.... :p

RP08
10-15-2007, 08:04 PM
Is the new cervical-cancer "vaccine" (now legally mandated many places) for young women something to consider as well?

ladyliberty
10-15-2007, 08:11 PM
I think any kind of federally mandated vaccine is wrong. Many people home school their children because of this issue alone. Speaking as the mother of a child with autism - which dramatically INCREASED - when immunization shots became mandatory, I am against forced immunization of any type. Voluntary yes, forced no. Hillary's healthcare system would have us all inoculated against every disease known to man with little regard to the unintended consequences that may result from this.

A woman's website ought to have lots of graphics showing Ron Paul with children - he does not look like an angry old man (that the media try to portray him as) but a wise old grandpa that the children truly adore - his face litterally lights up when he is around children!

RP08
10-15-2007, 08:20 PM
A woman's website ought to have lots of graphics showing Ron Paul with children - he does not look like an angry old man (that the media try to portray him as) but a wise old grandpa that the children truly adore - his face litterally lights up when he is around children!

I'm not even a female myself and agree with your sentiment here. One of my standing arguments pro-Ron Paul is that he's probably the ONLY candidate running whom I'd trust to watch over our toddler while we're away. Could you even imagine any of the other front-runners alone with your own kiddo' for a period of time? Dr. Paul is just so genuine and real.

I changed my voter registration affiliation to Republican and can't wait to vote for him in the primaries. This will be the first primary I've participated in, spanning 15+ years of voting.

ckhagen
10-15-2007, 08:38 PM
Absolutely, the Gardasil vaccine should be mentioned in conunction with RPs views on mandatory vaccines.

I think any kind of federally mandated vaccine is wrong. Many people home school their children because of this issue alone. Speaking as the mother of a child with autism - which dramatically INCREASED - when immunization shots became mandatory, I am against forced immunization of any type. Voluntary yes, forced no. Hillary's healthcare system would have us all inoculated against every disease known to man with little regard to the unintended consequences that may result from this.

Ditto. I was homeschooled K-12 and vaccination was certainly a factor in that. Naturally minded parents are a huge grassroots activism group and will fight (hard) for what they believe in... it's a demographic that certainly responds to his message.

When I watched the interview on PBS the other day, I remarked to my husband that Dr. Paul was much more "favorite grandpa" than "crazy uncle".

Matt Collins
10-15-2007, 10:44 PM
I think any kind of federally mandated vaccine is wrong. All rights are derived from property. If it's our body then we own it, it's our property and we can do with it what we want so long as we don't infringe on anyone else's rights. The converse of that is when the government tells us what we can and cannot do with our own body. That de facto says that we don't own our own bodies which is a clear violation of our personal property rights.

On a more legal level, no where in the Constitution is the federal government charged with dealing with disease and medicine.

SlapItHigh
10-15-2007, 11:43 PM
I look forward to checking it out when it is up and running. There is a Mothers For Ron Paul group on cafe moms that I check out every now and again but I'm more used the Libertarian Moms Group and there is just as much Ron Paul discussion on that board as well. Both of these groups include mothers and grandmothers but it will be nice to see a group for all women.

Ditto. I was homeschooled K-12 and vaccination was certainly a factor in that.

In my state, homeschoolers are required to have the same vaccinations that are required to attend public school. I'm not sure what other states are like across the board. The vax issue is huge.

It is a huge issue for me (and should be for every one). America has the second highest newborn death rate of all the civilized nations.

Corydoras
10-16-2007, 12:05 AM
The issue of medical privacy gets a strong response when I talk to women about Ron Paul and how he opposed the Patriot Act and HIPAA.
http://www.aclu.org/privacy/medical/15222res20030530.html

ckhagen
10-16-2007, 09:33 AM
In my state, homeschoolers are required to have the same vaccinations that are required to attend public school. I'm not sure what other states are like across the board. The vax issue is huge.

Right... it's technically that way in just about every state. Private schools can still deny your exemption form. And all schools (here and in most states) require that an unvaccinated child be barred from school during any suspected outbreaks. But the fact that you only really have to have the exemption form for school purposes (here) shows that it's really not the same level of "required" for homeschoolers. I do carry a copy of my kids exemptions though because if you ever have a run-in with a disgruntled ER doc, waiving that paper around seems to work wonders. BUT, I definitely don't think the only way to get an exemption form should be to claim a religious grievance... fact of the matter is, I don't think it's safe, therefore I'm declining. It should be as simple as that.

runderwo
10-16-2007, 10:00 AM
http://www.prospect.org/csnc/blogs/tapped_archive?month=10&year=2007&base_name=ron_pauls_search_for_the_ladie

Ron Paul's Search For the Ladies

SlapItHigh
10-16-2007, 01:20 PM
Right... it's technically that way in just about every state. Private schools can still deny your exemption form. And all schools (here and in most states) require that an unvaccinated child be barred from school during any suspected outbreaks. But the fact that you only really have to have the exemption form for school purposes (here) shows that it's really not the same level of "required" for homeschoolers. I do carry a copy of my kids exemptions though because if you ever have a run-in with a disgruntled ER doc, waiving that paper around seems to work wonders. BUT, I definitely don't think the only way to get an exemption form should be to claim a religious grievance... fact of the matter is, I don't think it's safe, therefore I'm declining. It should be as simple as that.

Yes, that is the same way here. The whole thing just really bothers me. I can probably slip by with homeschooling but I know that they can choose to crack down whenever they want. Also, my state only has medical or religious exemptions and I echo your last sentence. I choose not to vaccinate my children but it has absolutely nothing to do with religion. I either have to lie or vax. There are at least 2 states that don't even have religious exemptions, only medical exemptions which are near impossible to get.

alicegardener
10-16-2007, 01:53 PM
I hope you let us know when your ladies4ronpaul website is up and running. Im running into women who are exhausted from their fight to keep abortion legal and they are afraid RP will knock them back to step one.

ladyliberty
11-12-2007, 01:28 PM
Hi everyone,

I wanted you to know that I support Ron Paul for President, and I want you to know why I support him. As a Med-Waiver provider for the past 4 years I have learned much about the way the Medicaid System and Social Security and SSI works to provide Services and Supports to Individuals with Disabilities and their families. There is a lot of misinformation being spread about Dr. Paul and his platform. I am writing to address one of the beliefs that is being misrepresented by the press.

Dr. Ron Paul doesn't advocate "gutting Social Security and Medicare," as some people have maintained. Rather, he truthfully asserts that these programs are going broke and that the only way to finance our current obligations to those dependent on them is to massively reduce our military empire throughout the world. He would use those funds to fully fund Social Security and Medicaid for those who will need it, while at the same time offering young people a way out of this despicable Ponzi Scheme that promises them money and security that simply won't be there for them.

And while he wants most things left to the privet sector, he wants to take back control of our monetary policy from the illegal cartel of private banks that run it today and end other forms of corporate welfare that are bleeding the middle class of this country dry. With sound money once again controlled by congress, the inflation tax will end, and the need for many of the social programs that Paul wants to cut will be mitigated by growing prosperity and the genuine human charity made possible by a wealthy society.

You don’t have to take my word for it, you can read Dr. Paul’s stance on Medicaid/Medicare/Social Security and SSI issues for yourself:

http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul291.html

http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul339.html

http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul215.html

Hear from Dr. Paul in his own words http://youtube.com/watch?v=v6ZwHhl_gbY
Another good blog article about Dr. Paul

http://www.graphictruth.com/2007/10/ron-paul-rings-true-on-issues.html

I urge you to take some time and learn more about this remarkable man by visiting his website at http://www.ronpaul2008.com . I believe he is the only candidate running who appears to know anything at all about the way Social Security and Medicaid are funded, how they are being robbed by other government expenditures, and he knows how to save Social Security and Medicaid so that those who need it the most will continue to receive it. I believe the current budget deficit crisis that we face in Florida today is a direct result of rampant government spending. I am angry that our present government is even considering expanding Medicaid to include illegal aliens, when we do not have enough money to provide services to Individuals with Disabilities who are in this country legally and need those supports in order to continue living with their families in their own homes and not in an institution. This is but one of many reasons why I choose to vote for Dr. Ron Paul in the GOP Primaries on January 29th and why I will support him all the way to the presidency in November 2008!

Sincerely,

Janet aka ladyliberty

MusoSpuso
11-12-2007, 01:31 PM

Not all women (or men for that matter) are as open minded as you are. I get Ron Paul and also disagree with the idea of separating support (or anything else) into groups. But it works for some people. And, bottom line, if it helps bring votes for Ron Paul I'm all for it.

AlexMerced
11-12-2007, 01:35 PM
add the link to the wiki in my profile

Valene
11-12-2007, 02:02 PM
I'm going to state this as diplomatically as possible, not to offend your efforts and enthusiasm.
I am in that 55-65 female demographic. I went to the website and the first thing I saw was that picture of the breasts with the Ron Paul sign. It is offensive to those of us who worked very hard in the movement to have women seen as something more then sex symbols. Show cute kids, fluffy cats with Ron Paul collars, or dogs playing catch with Ron Paul frisbees, cause the women you are trying to attract in my opinion, are just going to be turned off by boobie photos.