PDA

View Full Version : Absolute hit piece on Rand by Courier Journal - were there ANY doubt where they stand

sailingaway
06-11-2010, 07:34 AM
http://www.courier-journal.com/article/20100611/OPINION01/6110308/Extreme+driving

" The May primary put Kentucky out front on the highway, because Republican voters opted for constitutional fundamentalist Rand Paul as their standard-bearer and their candidate for U.S. Senate. He hopes to win the seat being vacated by Sen. Jim Bunning; the only entity that has less to show for Mr. Bunning's 12 years in office than Mr. Bunning is Kentucky. That is the best to hope for if Dr. Paul wins in November. (In case you're wondering, Dr. Paul is still the only non-payroll, public defender of the BP oil company.)

Now Nevada joins Kentucky on the fast track to the fringe, having eschewed a candidate who spoke of trading chickens for doctor visits (no kidding) in favor of Republican Sharron Angle, who has voted against fluoride in drinking water (hailed as one of the top 10 public health achievements of the past century) and voices support for The Oath Keepers, a group cited by the Southern Poverty Law Center as evidence of a recent return of the militia movement. (Two degrees of separation: The founder of OathKeepers once worked as an aide to Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, Rand Paul's father.) She hopes to unseat Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, who just helped deliver health care reform to the American people. "

To be honest, they sound like they are getting desperate to me: "We TOLD you how bad they are!! AGREE WITH US!!!"

They also note that both Rand and Angle won their primaries and are leading in the polls, yet continue to call them fringe and extreme.

I don't think those words mean what they think they mean.

I'm going to comment now....

specsaregood
06-11-2010, 07:47 AM
what exactly is wrong with trading chickens for doctor's visits?

sailingaway
06-11-2010, 07:53 AM
what exactly is wrong with trading chickens for doctor's visits?

I don't care about that. I DO care that she was the chair of the state GOP that had party leadership and party hacks flee the state convention in the 2008 presidential race, when they didn't have the votes even to recess the convention. This threw out the entire state primary process to elect delegates for the presidential GOP nomination when Ron Paul delegates were hands down winning the slate. The state GOP she chaired then never reconvened the convention, and instead appointed McCain delegates by CONFERENCE CALL. Anyone voting in any of the multi-stages of the Nevada state GOP primary was disenfranchised by that, not just us, and it removed the possibility of a floor nomination for Ron Paul (likely to win or not, it was POSSIBLE and at least would have registered protest for an entire state to vote against the presumed nominee.)

The chickens are fine, if she and her doctor like chickens. The IRS is the one who wouldn't like that.

That isn't why she lost. She lost because of the convention, a highly organized liberty movement, and remember that Ron Paul came in second in Nevada by primary vote. He is popular there.

specsaregood
06-11-2010, 07:56 AM
I don't care about that.

a bunch of stuff i already know/agree with

The chickens are fine, if she and her doctor like chickens. The IRS is the one who wouldn't like that.

I'm just wondering what is so nutty about the idea of trading chickens for a doctor's services. I think the part in bold is the key to that....

on the article in the OP, consider me unsurprised and it actually sounds like an RP campaign commercial to me. :)

sailingaway
06-11-2010, 08:04 AM
I'm just wondering what is so nutty about the idea of trading chickens for a doctor's services. I think the part in bold is the key to that....

on the article in the OP, consider me unsurprised and it actually sounds like an RP campaign commercial to me. :)

I'm sure you are right about why it's an issue. Sorry for venting; Nevada's convention STILL ticks me off...

K466
06-11-2010, 08:08 AM
Every time I read trash like this I want to slap the writer in the face, his/her thinking is extreme and fringe- to suppose the status quo is sustainable in any manner.

Epic
06-11-2010, 08:40 AM
Uhhh, how is RP a "public defender" of BP?

Rand has specified that he is favor of removing the cap on payment damages. He has said that BP should be on the hook for all costs.

His "controversial" comments were against the corporatist comments/fascist rhetoric of Obama who was trying to leverage BP's unpopularity into his own popularity. After all, a key part of corporatist doctrine is partnering and subsidizing popular companies (or companies that do the government's bidding) while demonizing unpopular ones (or ones that make government look bad).

dude58677
06-11-2010, 08:45 AM
Every time I read trash like this I want to slap the writer in the face, his/her thinking is extreme and fringe- to suppose the status quo is sustainable in any manner.

I know what you mean.

rprprs
06-11-2010, 08:50 AM
Yep, I'd like to 'slap their face'... 'kick their ass'... and 'put my boot on their neck'. :p

low preference guy
06-11-2010, 08:51 AM
I tried to read it, but couldn't get past the part in bold.

The May primary put Kentucky out front on the highway, because Republican voters opted for constitutional fundamentalist Rand Paul

klamath
06-11-2010, 09:01 AM
Uhhh, how is RP a "public defender" of BP?

Rand has specified that he is favor of removing the cap on payment damages. He has said that BP should be on the hook for all costs.

His "controversial" comments were against the corporatist comments/fascist rhetoric of Obama who was trying to leverage BP's unpopularity into his own popularity. After all, a key part of corporatist doctrine is partnering and subsidizing popular companies (or companies that do the government's bidding) while demonizing unpopular ones (or ones that make government look bad).

Exactly. Rand's comment was addressing the gangster attitude "Boot on the throat"

Aratus
06-11-2010, 09:17 AM
the Courier-Journal ignors some 1 to 5 or 7 million in stock holdings that
Jack Conway and his family has, let alone the BLUE GRASS stakes winning
horse, to DUMP on Rand when he critiqued Barack Obama's oval office prose?