PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else live along Interstate 64?

Kylie
06-10-2010, 09:34 PM
Probably anywhere from St. Louis to Ft. Bragg, NC heading east.

Today on our way to civil air patrol my kids and I saw a caravan of 15 Army tractor trailers loaded up with explosives. Don't know exactly what was on the truck, they had tarps over top. But they had the explosive placard on them.

We were heading back later this evening and saw another caravan heading the same direction as the first. Don't know how many there were total, since we were only on that highway for a half hour total.

I took pics, but it was with my daughters phone and it is just as finicky as she is. Will not upload the pics to my computer. In chalk on the doors of some of the trucks was Ft. Bragg, Lot 7. Couldn't see what the later trucks said, it was dark by then.

Just seemed like a shit load of ammo. Are we getting ready to blow some big shit up or what?

trey4sports
06-10-2010, 09:44 PM
Yeah I live right off of 64, near Ofallon. Didn't see anything though

Kylie
06-11-2010, 03:46 PM
So no one saw all those explosives travelling down the highway yesterday?

Huh. Just seemed odd to me. Never seen multiple caravans of army semi's loaded with explosives.

Oh well.

:rolleyes:

noxagol
06-11-2010, 04:00 PM
Heading East means they were probably heading to Scott Air Force Base, probably to get shipped somewhere. Tons of big cargo planes come and go from there all the time. Then there is also that worthless st clair air port that has cost sooo much money and returned hardly any.

Kylie
06-12-2010, 09:42 AM
Heading East means they were probably heading to Scott Air Force Base, probably to get shipped somewhere. Tons of big cargo planes come and go from there all the time. Then there is also that worthless st clair air port that has cost sooo much money and returned hardly any.

They did not go to Scott. I was going there myself with the kids. They passed Scott right on by. That's why I assumed they were heading to Ft. Bragg, since that's what it said on the sides of the trucks.

I dunno, it just seemed like a shit ton of explosives, and I was wondering exactly what they planned on doing with them.

bkreigh
06-12-2010, 09:56 AM
Just because there is an explosive placard on the truck or trucks doesnt mean the entire thing is loaded with explosives. As long as it is segregated properly if they have one singe box of explosive material on board they need a placard. You simply can not tell how much explosives they are carrying.

Roxi
06-12-2010, 10:15 AM
Probably anywhere from St. Louis to Ft. Bragg, NC heading east.

Today on our way to civil air patrol my kids and I saw a caravan of 15 Army tractor trailers loaded up with explosives. Don't know exactly what was on the truck, they had tarps over top. But they had the explosive placard on them.

We were heading back later this evening and saw another caravan heading the same direction as the first. Don't know how many there were total, since we were only on that highway for a half hour total.

I took pics, but it was with my daughters phone and it is just as finicky as she is. Will not upload the pics to my computer. In chalk on the doors of some of the trucks was Ft. Bragg, Lot 7. Couldn't see what the later trucks said, it was dark by then.

Just seemed like a shit load of ammo. Are we getting ready to blow some big shit up or what?

weird, sounds like the same one that my friend saw on her way home from Ft. Smith AR last monday, she gave them all a thumbs down :)

BamaFanNKy
06-12-2010, 10:16 AM
I see that quite a bit near us. We are between Ft. Knox and Campbell.

rancher89
06-12-2010, 10:19 AM
The army moves stuff around all the time. Sometimes for no reason other than to move it around. I know there have been some "practices" lately.......

MelissaWV
06-12-2010, 10:24 AM
The army moves stuff around all the time. Sometimes for no reason other than to move it around. I know there have been some "practices" lately.......

Yeah... I've seen all manner of military do this. Sometimes it reminds me a bit of the ole Communist work ethic. We dig a hole to plant a tree to water the tree to dig the tree up to fill the hole... that way EVERYONE's employed! Well, in this case, we inspect the ammo to pack the ammo to load the ammo to move the ammo to unload the ammo to unpack the ammo to inspect the ammo...

rancher89
06-12-2010, 11:09 AM
My husband has stories of exactly this while he serve in the Air Cav. They literally would dig holes and fill them back in. They also had to break "camp' and set up in a new location, one mile down the road, over and over again.

The moving stuff around is looked at as practice for when it's necessary to get stuff from one place to another for resupply etc.

Nothing like practice to hone your hole digging and tent setting up skill sets...