PDA

View Full Version : Teapartier attacked in NC

olehounddog
06-10-2010, 04:09 PM
this has been quiet.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/video-liberal-counter-protester-slugs-tea-partier-nc

specsaregood
06-10-2010, 04:17 PM
this has been quiet.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/video-liberal-counter-protester-slugs-tea-partier-nc

I had to do a double take as the assailant's name is: "Govenor Spencer"
Looked like Governor at first take.

And this part is amusing and scary:

"We are going to deal with this in the courtroom. Mr. Tabor is going to find out that being wealthy doesn't make a difference in a courtroom."

Would that be, because juries are fill with jobless lazy lay-abouts nowadays?

libertybrewcity
06-10-2010, 04:58 PM
looks kinda like both of them were at fault.

rancher89
06-10-2010, 06:03 PM
here's the raw footage

http://www.nationalpolicyinstitute.org/2010/06/10/video-more-left-wing-nut-violence-at-peaceful-tea-party-protests/

another link

http://biggovernment.com/jhoft/2010/06/10/breaking-radical-union-organizer-black-liberation-activist-slugs-tea-party-protester-in-face-video/

and faux news coverage

http://www.myfox8.com/news/wghp-protest-punch-100609,0,3507781.story

I know Mr. Tabor, he's not one to throw the first punch. I will say that the tea party folks need a serious lesson in how to diffuse the opposition. They were played and it could have been much worse....

TXcarlosTX
06-10-2010, 06:11 PM
brotha had a nice left jab

devil21
06-10-2010, 06:22 PM

Uh...what? :confused:

One guy is attending a legal and peaceful protest when another guy (no doubt a union parasite) jumps into the middle of the protest and engages the protestors. At no point is there any display of physical violence by the white man, however the black man is clearly seen pushing, slapping and finally punching the white man, and then pushing his wife.

How you could claim both were at fault is beyond me. The black man is CLEARLY guilty of assault and battery and should be thrown in jail.

catdd
06-10-2010, 06:33 PM
This is why I never go to these events unless I'm with a few people like myself that can throw down if they have to. I mean, if one union guy can walk into a crowd and start pushing and punching, then walk away completely unscathed, then what's going to happen when they are attacked by a mob?
Them and their video cameras will get stomped all over the pavement.

Brian4Liberty
06-10-2010, 06:44 PM
I mean, if one union guy can walk into a crowd and start pushing and punching, then walk away completely unscathed, then what's going to happen when they are attacked by a mob?

Because he knew full well that the crowd he walked into was civil, declawed, defanged and castrated.

catdd
06-10-2010, 06:45 PM
Because he knew full well that the crowd he walked into was civil, declawed, defanged and castrated.

yep

JosephTheLibertarian
06-10-2010, 06:52 PM
This is why I never go to these events unless I'm with a few people like me that can throw down if they have to. I mean, if one union guy can walk into a crowd and start pushing and punching, then walk away completely unscathed, then what's going to happen when they are attacked by a mob?
Them and their video cameras will get stomped all over the pavement.

That's why I bring my switchblade everywhere I go. :cool: I only had to pull it out a few times. got my point across

would much rather be packing something else. fu nj draconian gun laws

ItsTime
06-10-2010, 07:09 PM
One things for sure if that fat fucker touched my wife, he would have been on the ground before he had a chance to hit me.

Golding
06-10-2010, 07:25 PM
Definitely shows the hypocrisy of people who are all about labeling Tea Partiers as violent mobs, from what I've seen so far in terms of comments. The guy shoved the protester's wife, the protester got in between the guy and his wife, and the guy punched the protester. Assault. Simple as can be.

PreDeadMan
06-10-2010, 08:10 PM
How you could claim both were at fault is beyond me. The black man is CLEARLY guilty of assault and battery and should be thrown in jail.[/QUOTE]

I'm calling Al Sharpton!! RACIST!... just kidding

PreDeadMan
06-10-2010, 08:16 PM
I just saw the video and yes the african american dude was clearly at fault. I don't advocate the use of violence except in self defense and that african american guy did use force against the gentlemen's wife. Like another poster said if I was in that situation and anybody pushed my wife they would be apologizing dearly....

BamaFanNKy
06-10-2010, 09:08 PM
"We are going to deal with this in the courtroom. Mr. Tabor is going to find out that being wealthy doesn't make a difference in a courtroom."
http://wwwimage.cbsnews.com/images/2009/06/16/image5091468x.jpg

Warrior_of_Freedom
06-11-2010, 02:58 AM
Teapartier sounds so stupid. Use another word, like freedom fighter.

Also, if someone pushed my wife, they would have a dislocated jaw and their face planted into the ground :)

GunnyFreedom
06-11-2010, 03:21 AM
I know Nathan Tabor, he is good people. I can't believe this punk is suing him for his objecting to this punk's handling his wife. I hope the courts burn this punk but good.

ionlyknowy
06-11-2010, 04:04 AM
I know Nathan Tabor, he is good people. I can't believe this punk is suing him for his objecting to this punk's handling his wife. I hope the courts burn this punk but good.

if the black guy brings suit against the other man then the white guy can claim self defense. Also, the white guy can ask for attorneys fees.

orenbus
06-11-2010, 05:37 AM

Analyzing the video I agree they are both at fault if you look at the video at 1:28 it's obvious the guy with the camera is crowding the black guy probably having the camera only a few inches away from his face. Now no one could say well having a camera close to another person's face is illegal, but it seems the proximity of the two individuals does appear to be the cause of the initiation of this confrontation. That's not to say the black guy is completely innocent as he could have easily turned around and walked the other way instead of maintaining the proximity with the guy holding the camera.

http://www.nationalpolicyinstitute.org/2010/06/10/video-more-left-wing-nut-violence-at-peaceful-tea-party-protests/

It seems to me like it's a case of "I'm not touching you, i'm not touching you..." you know that little kids play?

We don't have video of what happened before 1:28 or who touched who first. At 1:29-1:30 I'm assuming the black guy pushed the guy with the camera as he says "well get the fuck out of my way", in response the camera guy says "oh my gosh, somebody call the police". In response to that the camera guy's wife seems to put her hand up in front of the black guy (at 1:32) to perhaps try to get in between him and her husband. It's not clear if she touches him, in response the black guy says "move" while putting his hands up (at 1:33), it's also not clear if he touches her. In response the guy holding the camera says "don't touch my wife, you got it?"

now from another camera angle:

At 1:36 the white guy holding the camera takes two swings with his left hand at the black guy and misses both times (this is while he was saying don't touch my wife...), while holding his camera. The first swing is dodged by the black man, the second swing is countered in response at 1:39 the black guy takes a swing and connects with a left hand to the other man's head, at which point the guy holding the camera takes a few steps back with his wife trying to get in between the two. The camera man and women retreat back while the black man begins to talk to the others around him while others are calling out for the police, as one bald man seems to be pulling him aside to separate the two from any further confrontation.

I'm assuming some time has passed at 1:51 in the video the white man again engages some dialog with the black man, when he is about to leave in his car, telling him to stick around that the police would like to talk with him.

Just my point of view trying to be unemotional and how the justice system will most likely see this, they will both be equally at fault. It doesn't matter the black man came to debate with protestors during their rally. I remember doing sign waves for Ron Paul campaign in 2008 and we had Guilliani and Huckabee supporters pulling over and coming up to us to argue with us and sometimes even yell about how they were right and we were wrong, we kept it civil and no one ever got in someone else's face.

However all it takes for a civil debate to go haywire is two individuals posturing and getting close to each other enough to play the game of "i'm not touching you, i'm not touching you." before someone either through accident or purposely does touch the other person and fists start to swing. I maybe wrong but based on the video we have on hand that looks like it will be the case.

Update Edit: Did some research looks like as I predicted both men are being charged with assault, they have court dates on July 7th on simple assault charges.

YouTube - Protest Punch Caught On Camera (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2ILYr6avHE)

Also found a HD version of the man holding the camera throwing the first and second punch, at close up looks like the black man was able to catch the first punch while being thrown, I would imagine there will be more video available soon that will be unedited to help put together a full view of the interaction between the two men.

YouTube - NC Tea Party Member Punched (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwZ5X0JMd3Q)

Todd
06-11-2010, 06:14 AM
One things for sure if that fat fucker touched my wife, he would have been on the ground before he had a chance to hit me.

+1776
My sentiments exactly.

fisharmor
06-11-2010, 06:19 AM
That's why I bring my switchblade everywhere I go. :cool: I only had to pull it out a few times. got my point across

would much rather be packing something else. fu nj draconian gun laws

William Kostric FTW

Danke
06-11-2010, 09:29 AM
At 1:36 the white guy holding the camera takes two swings with his left hand at the black guy and misses both times (this is while he was saying don't touch my wife...), while holding his camera. The first swing is dodged by the black man, the second swing is countered in response at 1:39 the black guy takes a swing and connects with a left hand to the other man's head...

Like we watch two different videos. Looks like the cameraman is trying to get the guy to stop pushing him with his left hand as he is filming to me.

John Taylor
06-11-2010, 10:24 AM
Like we watch two different videos. Looks like the cameraman is trying to get the guy to stop pushing him with his left hand as he is filming to me.

Exactly, I don't see any "punch" except the punch thrown by the old thug.

rancher89
06-11-2010, 10:26 AM
The point of all of this is:

When you are at a protest, those who come to protest against you are NOT going to be convinced that you are right, no matter what you say or do.

The only logical, sane thing to do is to turn away and refuse to engage....News from the ground has it that the opposition came directly out of Mel Watt's office. There were other "Party Officials" there, Nathan is a gop county chair, this makes the situation very tempting for the opposition....they know who the "party officials" are....The opposition was ignored by at least one other "Party Official" and continued through the crowd, heading directly in Nathans' direction. Note the woman arguing with the black man, he spends little time with her, his objective is beyond her, although this encounter DOES stir things up.....say it is a side goal.

The main goal was to engage one of the "Party Officials" in the crowd, get a reaction and play it for what it's worth. Max result: court time. I'd have to say it was well done and like I said before, the crowd was "played."

I'm not saying it isn't a good idea to be "lightly" armed, just in case, BUT violence doesn't help the situation and in this case, even if Nathan wins in court, he loses support from many of minority voters in the area.......and the opposition wins.

They KNOW that they are going to lose in the fall and IMHO we will see this more and more often.

My best advice is to NOT engage the opposition unless you are certain that you can keep the conversation civil.

Elwar
06-11-2010, 10:42 AM
From what I saw Govenor was walking toward the guy's wife and he said "move" with his palms up (not in a pushing motion) as the cameraman said "don't touch my wife". His palms pointed down in what appears to be a pushing motion only after the cameraman took a swing at him.

At 1:34 here: http://www.myfox8.com/news/wghp-protest-punch-100609,0,3507781.story

orenbus
06-11-2010, 11:11 AM

I would agree with you except that we now have a HD version of the video that you can set to 720 on youtube which has a close up of the camerman's hand.

It's a closed fist that is directed towards the black man's head both times. The first being intercepted as the black man gets a hold of the cameraman's wrist, the second one is a quick jab attempt and not a slow pushing motion that would happen with a forearm shove.

youtube.com/watch?v=EwZ5X0JMd3Q&hd=1

Take a look at this video and set it to 720 you may need to pause and rewind a couple of times to review as the actions are very quick to the eye.

If it was a pushing motion with either an open hand or a push with his forearm it might be a different story, but the close fist that is being directed towards the other man's head is very telling. A shove would most likely never have the camerman's fist come close to the other man's head, it would most likely be at chest level so from this video perspective we would never see his hand above shoulder level. In both motions his hand comes close to the black man's face, I don't think this is coincidence.

You also have to consider the motivations, at the time the camerman believed his wife was being threatened in some way as he states "don't you touch my wife, you got it?" Any time a family member is under threat (even if it's just perceived) things become very emotional and perhaps rightly so, adrenaline starts to flow and logic takes a back seat. Nothing is more personal than having someone possibly touch in a manner not acceptable of a family member, especially a spouse. As some have stated in this thread, in a similiar situation some people would be willing to throw the first punch at a man or do some other violent harm including possibly shooting someone that maybe shoving a family member. It is not outside the realm of possibility that what we are seeing in the video is the camerman taking a swing, one could say in self defense? Or in defense of his wife? Or possibly even if the case is that the black man never touched his wife dare I say preemptive action?

In any case in the court of law these types of actions are prosecuted without passion or prejudice, especially in a situation where it could have been so easily avoided. The correct action of either party would have been to have avoided the physical confrontation once it was apparent that possibility existed. Instead the verbal ques of physical contact went on for some time before the punches started flying. If the physical violence was one sided and either man was just standing there while the other did him harm it would be a clear cut case, instead based on the video what we have is both men instigating the physical interaction between the two of them and therefore they will most likely both be found equally responsible.

Edit: Added the hd=1 to the link so it should direct you to the 720 version

Danke
06-11-2010, 11:55 AM

I already watched it before. You are seeing something that I am not.

angelatc
06-11-2010, 12:23 PM
Update Edit: Did some research looks like as I predicted both men are being charged with assault, they have court dates on July 7th on simple assault charges.

According to an email from ALIPAC:
According to information provided to ALIPAC...

Mr. Tabor was punched in the face in front of his wife and screaming 5 year old daughter (heard in the video). He went to the magistrate's office with police and a white magistrate issued an arrest warrant for Governor Spencer.

A black magistrate rescinded the arrest warrant and issued summons to appear in court to both Governor Spencer and Nathan Tabor despite the fact the responding officer testified he had seen the videos and that Mr. Tabor had committed no assault. The magistrates refused to view the videos.

angelatc
06-11-2010, 12:25 PM
, instead based on the video what we have is both men instigating the physical interaction between the two of them and therefore they will most likely both be found equally responsible.

Edit: Added the hd=1 to the link so it should direct you to the 720 version

I hope not. A union thug shows up specifically to disrupt a previously civil protest gathering? He's far more guilty.

devil21
06-12-2010, 12:48 AM
Sorry if a repost. Raw video with audio here:

YouTube - Raw Video_ Punch Thrown at Piedmont Protest -- WGHP.flv (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6VXvw44IRU&feature=player_embedded)

Like I said, the black man should be in jail right now.

GunnyFreedom
06-12-2010, 01:07 AM
Sorry if a repost. Raw video with audio here:

YouTube - Raw Video_ Punch Thrown at Piedmont Protest -- WGHP.flv

Like I said, the black man should be in jail right now.

Nathan send that to you too?

devil21
06-12-2010, 01:13 AM
Yep. Im sure he emailed RPF members since the email address is not used for anything mailing list related and this is the only place I commented on this incident. That's why I figured the video was a repost.

orenbus
06-12-2010, 05:21 AM
The point of all of this is:

When you are at a protest, those who come to protest against you are NOT going to be convinced that you are right, no matter what you say or do.

The only logical, sane thing to do is to turn away and refuse to engage....News from the ground has it that the opposition came directly out of Mel Watt's office. There were other "Party Officials" there, Nathan is a gop county chair, this makes the situation very tempting for the opposition....they know who the "party officials" are....The opposition was ignored by at least one other "Party Official" and continued through the crowd, heading directly in Nathans' direction. Note the woman arguing with the black man, he spends little time with her, his objective is beyond her, although this encounter DOES stir things up.....say it is a side goal.

The main goal was to engage one of the "Party Officials" in the crowd, get a reaction and play it for what it's worth. Max result: court time. I'd have to say it was well done and like I said before, the crowd was "played."

I'm not saying it isn't a good idea to be "lightly" armed, just in case, BUT violence doesn't help the situation and in this case, even if Nathan wins in court, he loses support from many of minority voters in the area.......and the opposition wins.

They KNOW that they are going to lose in the fall and IMHO we will see this more and more often.

My best advice is to NOT engage the opposition unless you are certain that you can keep the conversation civil.

Well said.

rancher89
06-12-2010, 11:18 AM
This is going to turn into a zoo. This is why I said it's better to not engage with those who oppose you when protesting.....

Latest info is now on the NC Rep State Caucus website:

http://www.ncstatesenate.com/2010/06/update-%E2%80%93-new-video-of-attack-on-former-republican-nc-senate-candidate-nathan-tabor/

It's the same footage as posted before, but there are some other tidbits. (see article for embedded links)

Quoting: "Greensboro based blogger JD Guarino wonders if Tabor can get justice in Greensboro:

“The problem is that, while the assailant has been charged, he has countered with charges against Tabor. And the assailant has hired Joe Williams as his defense attorney.

“Why is that significant? Let’s recall a bit of history.

“Guilford County’s current District Attorney, Doug Henderson, was endorsed by the Simkins PAC when he ran for DA. Joe Williams is a principal in the Simkins PAC. I was told by a highly placed legal professional from our county around the time Henderson was first elected five years ago that Williams had played a key role in helping deliver the Simkins endorsement to Henderson.”

Meanwhile the liberals are blaming the victim – its Tabor’s fault he was punched in the face.
Only a liberal can call it “Justice” when the man who got punched in the face by a belligerent troublemaker who had just pushed his wife ends up being charged with assault."

rancher89
06-12-2010, 11:19 AM
Nathan send that to you too?

I think he has access to every gop member of the state, I got it too.

Edit: check your email, are you sure you didn't use it even once when responding to a gop email? All it takes is once......we heard it at the convention, they capture all email addys...

rancher89
06-12-2010, 11:23 AM
I'd be happy to post my "rules for protesting" or pm them if anyone is interested.