PDA

View Full Version : Michael Ruppert and Peak Oil

LittleLightShining
06-10-2010, 11:09 AM
I'll be honest. I didn't get Peak Oil, thought it was just some global warming hysterical propaganda. Then I went to see this guy when he was in VT and I was blown away. Well worth the 75 minutes to listen to. This video is from his Burlington visit. I saw him in Montpelier in a Unitarian Church packed with sexagenarian leftover hippies. He gives a shout out to Ron Paul and introduced a lot of people on the left to what we've been talking about here forever.

http://www.cctv.org/watch-tv/programs/author-and-peak-oil-activist-michael-ruppert

Lord Xar
06-10-2010, 12:23 PM
Thanks. A buddy of mine has been pimping the concept of Peak Oil for a while. I never really saw the hysteria of it... but i will take a look at your posting. Thanks.

BenIsForRon
06-10-2010, 01:34 PM
Michael Ruppert is in a lot of documentaries about Peak Oil. He's a very smart guy.

I find that many people on the site who think Peak Oil is a hoax haven't taken time to listen to guys like Ruppert, Richard Heinberg, and Matthew Simmons.

LittleLightShining
06-10-2010, 01:45 PM
I think some of the people that are really into Peak Oil fit the "self-righteous eco-snob" persona to a tee-- especially here in VT. Because of that I brushed it off. "Oh, yeah, uh huh. You ride your little scooter all over the place and talk about healthcare is a human right. You have no idea that we can't afford it." Then you listen to Ruppert and he totally gets the economics, connects the dots and you realize this may be another in for those of us in the liberty movement to broaden the scope of the discussion to the Olbermann/Maddow watching lefties.

BenIsForRon
06-10-2010, 01:50 PM
and you realize this may be another in for those of us in the liberty movement to broaden the scope of the discussion to the Olbermann/Maddow watching lefties.

Yep. The more people understand Peak Oil, the more they will favor conservative economics.

And BJ Lawson has discussed Peak Oil on multiple occassions, I've always thought that was awesome. A libertarian that recognizes that understands scarcity actually exists in the energy sector.