PDA

View Full Version : torchbearer wins the lottery (maybe)

tangent4ronpaul
06-10-2010, 05:27 AM
With the disastrous effects the shutdown of all offshore drilling would have, if made permanent, one of our members would be sitting pretty - torchbearer. In a hearing yesterday, it was asked of the administration if all the rig workers, etc. that lost their jobs would continue to receive their salaries if the offshore drilling ban remained. Their answer - YES! They would make BP continue to pay the salaries of those put out of work by the ban. For how long, was not mentioned.

Interesting to think what a mess it would be in 2 1/2 years to bring the fields back online after shit for brains looses his job... trained workers having moved on, certifications expired, many out of practice, equipment lying fallow or shipped to the 4 corners of the world... ugh!

-t

Matt Collins
06-10-2010, 07:14 AM
How does this directly affect TB?

tangent4ronpaul
06-10-2010, 07:42 AM
He indicated that he quit fishing in that area and switched to working on oil and gas rigs - or at least that industry. If his job goes away, his salary will not.

-t

torchbearer
06-10-2010, 08:03 AM
He indicated that he quit fishing in that area and switched to working on oil and gas rigs - or at least that industry. If his job goes away, his salary will not.

-t

I said my dad was a Fishing Tool Supervisor in the oilfield for over 30 years. now retired.
but i can see how someone could get, i stopped fishing and went to work in the oil field.

tangent4ronpaul
06-10-2010, 08:09 AM
Oh well... you also seem to know way too much about oil rigs to have not been in the biz.

-t

s35wf
06-10-2010, 08:14 AM
I said my dad was a Fishing Tool Supervisor in the oilfield for over 30 years. now retired.
but i can see how someone could get, i stopped fishing and went to work in the oil field.

i though u were working in the financial field doing loan mods & loans??? are u still and if so how is it going for you???

torchbearer
06-10-2010, 08:20 AM
i though u were working in the financial field doing loan mods & loans??? are u still and if so how is it going for you???

I have several hats-
primary- i have my own biz fixing computers and networks
secondary- i help people with insurance and loans through primerica
third- i help mom at the diner
fourth- i'm working on adding website management, could get several church accounts if i succeed.
fifth- i'm a songwriter/producer/musician, i make some change doing this- but its more for the art, than anything.

torchbearer
06-10-2010, 08:22 AM
Oh well... you also seem to know way too much about oil rigs to have not been in the biz.

-t

i grew up in the industry. i've been on the rigs. everyone my family knows is in the industry.
i got the straight scoop on the BP rig from a family friend in the higher ups of Baker Hughes.
I know a lot about the industry because i've been around it all my life, along with farming, and music industry.

torchbearer
06-10-2010, 08:25 AM
on my mother's side of the family, we have many talented musicians. all my uncles play an instrument.
in fact, i have a cousin that is going to the next round of 'america's got talent', which will be in las vegas. look for a kid named "taylor mathews". he pretty good. i'd like to think my music career and music inspired him.

ninepointfive
06-10-2010, 10:12 AM
Torchbearer, or anyone else who lives that close: can you confirm this interview? Is this really happening?

1:
YouTube - URGENT!! BP SPILL - MEDIA BLACKOUT AND POSSIBLE MARTIAL LAW 1/2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAHZV5HwAY4)

2:
YouTube - Veritas - James Fox 2 Media Blackout and Arrests Taking Place at the Gulf (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBPWWnA_Lhs)

s35wf
06-10-2010, 06:14 PM
I have several hats-
primary- i have my own biz fixing computers and networks
secondary- i help people with insurance and loans through primerica
third- i help mom at the diner
fourth- i'm working on adding website management, could get several church accounts if i succeed.
fifth- i'm a songwriter/producer/musician, i make some change doing this- but its more for the art, than anything.

and are u single??? :) need a good hardworking man ;) just kidding :D

hows primerica working out for you. thinking of giving loans a whirl again after summers over.

Anti Federalist
06-10-2010, 06:21 PM
With the disastrous effects the shutdown of all offshore drilling would have, if made permanent, one of our members would be sitting pretty - torchbearer. In a hearing yesterday, it was asked of the administration if all the rig workers, etc. that lost their jobs would continue to receive their salaries if the offshore drilling ban remained. Their answer - YES! They would make BP continue to pay the salaries of those put out of work by the ban. For how long, was not mentioned.

Interesting to think what a mess it would be in 2 1/2 years to bring the fields back online after shit for brains looses his job... trained workers having moved on, certifications expired, many out of practice, equipment lying fallow or shipped to the 4 corners of the world... ugh!

-t

Well what do you know?

Here I was thinking I'd have to jump on class action suit.

torchbearer
06-10-2010, 07:02 PM
and are u single??? :) need a good hardworking man ;) just kidding :D

hows primerica working out for you. thinking of giving loans a whirl again after summers over.

primerica brings in some money, a lot of people meet it with skepticism because it is organized as a multi-level marketing op.
but their products are great, as in better than i can get elsewhere.
i use it as a tool in my shed. when someone i know or come across needs my help in this area, i have access.

torchbearer
06-10-2010, 07:03 PM
Well what do you know?

Here I was thinking I'd have to jump on class action suit.

you can always use the time off to campaign for rand.

Anti Federalist
06-10-2010, 07:42 PM
you can always use the time off to campaign for rand.

I'll be too busy "nicking census men and men from the bank".

:D

But not a bad idea.