PDA

View Full Version : Overview of action

TheAnswerTo1984is1776
06-09-2010, 10:48 PM
I really did not want to post this here but I'm not really sure where else would cover everything. Please move it as you see fit.

I am interested in either a documentary or a book.

I want an overview of the economic and political structures of early america onto the birth of the United states and why and for what reasons we chartered a republic contrasted to other forms of government. Then I would like it to analyze why if we had such a free form of government with physical restrictions that it has lead to what it has become today, or, why has it not stayed the way it was intended.

It seems that, yes we do have a doctrine that limits the scope of what government cannot do.. but when it comes down to it, There are no physical consequences from straying away from the system we first had other than self destruction... The founders gave us the second amendment and told us pretty much that it is up to us to limit government if it gets out of control with guns... But I mean really? people are way too humanitarian to go out and just start blasting people... I mean liberty revolves around peace and humanitarianism and it seems like if the roll of government was solely for protection we would have not had elected officials in the first place... rather a constitution for police action with a very well written role.

I'm just having a hard time understanding how under any form of government it can permanently guarantee liberty. To what authority should authority answer to? People have lives and just want to live them without being tangled up in politics, and people are far too often mislead. Can there be a perfect government?
If government's role is ultimately left to the people under any circumstance, how could we ever achieve liberty without a constant fight? This just seems like it is no way to live.