PDA

View Full Version : Poll: What are your predictions about the future politically?

Light
06-09-2010, 02:55 PM
See poll choices.

Edit: By "us", I mean America as a whole.

Vessol
06-09-2010, 03:54 PM
Less social liberty, less economic liberty

I don't think we're going to be a third world hellhole like Zimbabwe, at least not in the near future, but it's heading that away.

The ultimate future is Brave New World.

sevin
06-09-2010, 05:19 PM
The ultimate future is Brave New World.

That is why I say more social liberty. The leaders will give people more freedom to do drugs, buy sex, etc., to keep them appeased.

Light
06-09-2010, 05:57 PM
That is why I say more social liberty. The leaders will give people more freedom to do drugs, buy sex, etc., to keep them appeased.

Exactly. However, the country becoming a third-world hellhole or balkanizing is also very likely.

CUnknown
06-09-2010, 06:25 PM
I say the freedom movement will succeed! More of both kinds of liberty!

But if we fail, we will be a third world hellhole with less of both. I don't think the future will be as rosy as A Brave New World which was stable and the people were mostly content at least. If we fail, I believe the country will be horribly unstable or a total police state. They're not going to give us permission to smoke pot, because they want to be able to throw us in jail for doing it. The future will be either us as a failed state with roving gangs and huge amounts of violence or a 1984-type police state if we fail.

Travlyr
06-09-2010, 06:37 PM
Social and Economic Liberty will abound.

The Internet has changed everything. The Internet provides instant communication around the world. That has never happened before! The Gutenberg press exposed the lies of the elite, and changed the world, some. But up until around 1990, every writer had to get published and the power elite controlled the publishers. Their secrets were kept.

No more. All that has changed and those changes will usher in a new golden age of enlightenment. :cool:

akforme
06-09-2010, 06:58 PM
it's gotta get worse before it can get better.

Original_Intent
06-09-2010, 08:40 PM
immediate future: hellhole. distant future: hopefully less government, more freedom of all kinds.

sevin
06-09-2010, 08:44 PM

The Internet has changed everything. The Internet provides instant communication around the world. That has never happened before! The Gutenberg press exposed the lies of the elite, and changed the world, some. But up until around 1990, every writer had to get published and the power elite controlled the publishers. Their secrets were kept.

No more. All that has changed and those changes will usher in a new golden age of enlightenment. :cool:

Unless they get control of the internet.

immediate future: hellhole. distant future: hopefully less government, more freedom of all kinds.

I'm hopeful, too. Short term it's a disaster, but long term, even as early as 20-30 years, things could get a lot better.

Vessol
06-09-2010, 08:48 PM

95%+ of internet users only use shit like Facebook and World of Warcraft. If you're lucky they'll glance at the top "headlines" on their AOL/MSN/Yahoo homepage before they navigate over to Facebook.

I constantly get friends asking me shit that they could spend a minute searching the web and find, plus more.

The vast majority of the populace does not use the internet as a information tool, but as a social entertainment tool. And that is how the Establishment likes it.

BuddyRey
06-09-2010, 08:52 PM
In the immediate future, I see Republican busybodies using the Tea Parties to get elected, and us maybe...maybe getting a bit more economic freedom while at the same time losing unprecedented levels of freedom to exercise self-ownership in matters of personal choice and liberty from government rendition/torture.

AmericaFyeah92
06-09-2010, 09:03 PM
I think we are approaching a breaking point, that's for sure. This foreign policy, deficit spending, and ever-growing debt can not last. And the opposition is growing every day.

What will replace this system after the collapse is hard to say though....

Will we get a bona fide one-party dictatorship (rather than the elite military-industrial-banking class we have now), perhaps with a return to ultranationalism and total war? Or will we pave the way for a libertarian, if not Libertarian, future (perhaps through civil disobedience and peaceful secession - armed rebellion being a last resort)?

libertybrewcity
06-09-2010, 09:29 PM
i believe we will see things get worse before they get better.

Kludge
06-09-2010, 09:42 PM
It really depends on the situation at the time of the collapse. I suspect the US government will be able to maintain the status quo with slight degradation in individual liberty for at least another decade (I suspect a good īnother 30 years).

It will then depend on the benevolence of the future czars to determine the liberties of its citizens. I hold out no hope industrialized society can come to grips with morality enough to have the courage to ever overthrow their czars in the future without czars readily available to replace them. Itīs not until the death of the Casual Christian and Rebel Without a Cause there will be hope for a society to thrive on liberty anywhere.

Teaching philosophy in high schools would be a good start toward producing self-aware adults.

CharlesTX
06-09-2010, 09:56 PM
A Zombie apocalypse.

Seriously I think with a huge number of immigrants coming in and pro-creating with less than marginal assimilation to the idea of self-reliance, while the media, corporations, schools, and government protecting and promoting multiculturalism through diversity, and never really teaching unity, like learning English (as one aspect of what I consider an important part of American Culture and the enabling of homogeny), America will be a third world hell hole.

justinc.1089
06-09-2010, 11:40 PM

I'm hoping you're right.

I think we're truly at a historic and monumental time in human history right now, with the internet and technology in general being the reason why. Like you point out we have never had instant communication around the world before, so that will allow for potentially worldwide liberty.

However, at the same time, governments have never been as powerful as they are now with all the huge standing armies, numbers of jails and police, financial power, and military-only technologies. So I think that could cause a one-world government to appear in our lifetimes, although I'm not necessarily saying I believe any particular theory about a world government being formed right now at this very moment. I just mean its likely to be attempted or a likely trend to happen in our lives.

So in my opinion, we have a trend towards more liberty and a trend towards more tyranny happening at the same time here. I'm not sure of which will win to be honest.

cindy25
06-10-2010, 12:02 AM
i believe we will see things get worse before they get better.

but in time they will get better

silentshout
06-10-2010, 12:05 AM
In 30 years? More liberty, socially and economically. In the near future, the exact opposite in both ways. But I'm often wrong :)

Marenco
06-10-2010, 12:14 AM
While the level of awareness by the public has dramatically flourished since 1990, I do not see any viable opposition to the NWO, nor much comprehension of its length, breadth and depth. Humanity's situation does not look good.