PDA

View Full Version : Census workers asking neighbors to snitch?

Matt Collins
06-09-2010, 12:27 PM
US Census Workers Knocking on Your Neighbors’ Doors, Looking for Snitches:
http://www.lewrockwell.com/spl2/census-looking-for-snitches.html (http://www.lewrockwell.com/spl2/census-looking-for-snitches.html)

newbitech
06-09-2010, 12:39 PM
yep, I have had the same person come to my house on several occasions asking me if so and so lived in the neighborhood on "April 15th". Not sure about the significance of that date, but the first time I explained that the vacant houses she keeps asking about have been vacant for a couple years now. I also explained that the property tax record is public information and she could try counting the vacant houses that way. The second time she came around, I told her that I didn't really feel like sharing information with her anymore because I have already fulfilled my Constitutional obligation by turning in my census form with the number required by law.

libertybrewcity
06-09-2010, 02:12 PM
yep, I have had the same person come to my house on several occasions asking me if so and so lived in the neighborhood on "April 15th". Not sure about the significance of that date, but the first time I explained that the vacant houses she keeps asking about have been vacant for a couple years now. I also explained that the property tax record is public information and she could try counting the vacant houses that way. The second time she came around, I told her that I didn't really feel like sharing information with her anymore because I have already fulfilled my Constitutional obligation by turning in my census form with the number required by law.

i work as a census worker. in rare occasions when we cannot find the original respondent, we can find a proxy or neighbor to ask for their information. We are not asking them to snitch because we already have the information of the person we are looking for. in all cases they have filled out their census form and we are merely checking the accuracy of the information from the last census worker.

that is what they tell us at least:)

Elwar
06-09-2010, 02:13 PM
http://cdn.newsone.com/files/2009/09/stop-snitching.jpg

bkreigh
06-09-2010, 02:58 PM
i work as a census worker. in rare occasions when we cannot find the original respondent, we can find a proxy or neighbor to ask for their information. We are not asking them to snitch because we already have the information of the person we are looking for. in all cases they have filled out their census form and we are merely checking the accuracy of the information from the last census worker.

What?

If they have the info then they are wasting time and money. This makes no sense. Furthermore, if you have to continue to check the accuracy of a census worker then that census worker should be fired for fucking up one to many times.

paulitics
06-09-2010, 03:36 PM
This isn't snitching. There are plenty of programs that involve real snitching however that are much more alarming than this B.S.

fedup100
06-09-2010, 04:22 PM

What a load of shit! I had it happen to me, the bastard came to my house twice after I sent it in. He walked to my neighbor and the neighbor snitched on me against my will.

If you believe this is a O.K. in a free society, your in the wrong forum.

CUnknown
06-09-2010, 04:23 PM
What a load of shit! I had it happen to me, the bastard came to my house twice after I sent it in. He walked to my neighbor and the neighbor snitched on me against my will.

If you believe this is a O.K. in a free society, your in the wrong forum.

How is this not okay in a free society? No one is forcing the proxys to respond, they do so of their own free will.