PDA

View Full Version : A message from Chuck DeVore

Brian4Liberty
06-08-2010, 11:12 PM
A message from Chuck DeVore

I just completed my telephone call to Carly Fiorina, to congratulate her on her victory this evening. She is our party's nominee. I endorse her. I will support her. I will vote for her. And I call upon all of you to do the same in November.

We traveled a long road to get here. When I started this campaign many months ago, I had the support of my wife, my daughters, and my dog.

And I want to say: Diane, you've put up with me for 22 years -- through moves, deployments, children and campaigns. You are the best wife and companion I can imagine. I love you.

We started this campaign small. Today, I am sincerely humbled to have received the support of hundreds of thousands of Californians from all walks of life.

But let me remind all of you -- this campaign was never about me. It was about conservative principles. It was about our Constitution. I believe we did our honorable part in reminding California why it needs both.

Never doubt that what we did in this campaign mattered, and will matter long after we're gone. All of you in this room -- and all of you who voted for me today -- can hold your heads high.

Winston Churchill said it best when he said:

"The only guide to a man is his conscience; the only shield to his memory is the rectitude and sincerity of his actions. It is very imprudent to walk through life without this shield, because we are so often mocked by the failure of our hopes and the upsetting of our calculations; but with this shield, however the fates may play, we march always in the ranks of honour."

My friends ... my fellow Californians ... my fellow Americans -- If you support me, my campaign is over. But if you support our Constitution and our country -- that fight goes on. And I promise you this: I will march with you in that fight, "in the ranks of honour," to the very end.

God bless you all.

Chuck DeVore

Brian4Liberty
06-09-2010, 10:58 AM
YouTube - Chuck DeVore Concedes (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boyxAyPrw-M)

dannno
06-09-2010, 11:09 AM
I'm not voting for Carly Fiorina or whatever.

Brian4Liberty
06-09-2010, 11:27 AM
I'm not voting for Carly Fiorina

:D

Come on Dannno... The establishment has provided you with a choice between Boxer and Failorina. Can't you get excited about that?