PDA

View Full Version : Barbara Boxer wins another 6 years in Senate

Brian4Liberty
06-08-2010, 10:59 PM
Barbara Boxer wins another 6 years in the Senate. Yippee!

Here's to the ignorant GOP sheep Primary voters who voted for Charlatan Failorina:

http://taylorsiluwe.typepad.com/taylor_siluwe/images/2008/09/17/fuckyou_baby.jpg

Marenco
06-08-2010, 11:01 PM
:mad:

06-08-2010, 11:12 PM
Time to look up the Libertarian candidate.....

Slutter McGee
06-08-2010, 11:15 PM
Fiorina still has a chance. But I wouldn't blame anyone for voting libertarian. I firmly believe you should vote lesser of two evils in your primary...and vote your principles in the general.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

james1906
06-08-2010, 11:22 PM
I wish DeVore and Campbell worked out a plan for one to drop out.

silus
06-08-2010, 11:23 PM
You can't lose with a name like that.

silentshout
06-08-2010, 11:25 PM
I'm voting 3rd party..have no idea who, but I can't vote for either of these people.

RonPaulwillWin
06-09-2010, 01:04 AM
We probably can't vote 3rd party now that prop 14 has passed.

0zzy
06-09-2010, 01:05 AM
We probably can't vote 3rd party now that prop 14 has passed.

won't be in effect until 2012+2014.

cindy25
06-09-2010, 01:33 AM
she had 55%, even with one opponent she would have been able to buy it.

ruin a company, win a senate seat

RonPaulwillWin
06-09-2010, 02:18 AM
won't be in effect until 2012+2014.

Thanks, didn't know that.

But unless life gives you lemons and sugar...

catdd
06-09-2010, 06:45 AM
You can't lose with a name like that.

That plays a bigger role than a lot of people think. A guy named Dean Dickie was running in the local elections and as soon as I began seeing his name around town, I knew he would win - and he did.
I'd bet 1000 dollars the people who voted for him didn't know or care about any of his policies.

HOLLYWOOD
06-09-2010, 08:21 AM
Charlatan Failorina:

Ain't that the truth... It's almost like it's an insider deal between Boxer and Fiorina.

I wonder what huge reward Fiorina gets out of this AFTER the general election loss?

It's coming, even FOX BUSINESS had the Felon Failure Fiorina on this morning... ALL PUMPS & SOFTBALLS :rolleyes:

Let's make one thing very clear about Carly Fiorina... SHE WILL SELL HER SOUL FOR A GAIN!

furface
06-09-2010, 08:28 AM
Both Campbell and Devore were extremely week candidates. Tom Campbell is a career bureaucrat who was in part responsible for California's budget nightmare. Devore is a neocon who's trying to pass himself off as a Tea Partier. It makes sense that only an idiot like Fiorina whose only asset is that she has absolutely no political experience should win.

California's Republican Senate candidates have been one of the big driving forces with prop 14, the latest open primary initiative that passed last night. Republicans seem to only be able to elect wing nuts in the primary, which allows really weak Democratic candidates like Barbara Boxer to win. What I've heard is that Abel Maldonado, California's current Lieutenant Governor wants to run for US Senate, but knows he would never win the Republican primary, so he was backing it.

Fredom101
06-09-2010, 09:33 AM
Barbara Boxer wins another 6 years in the Senate. Yippee!

Here's to the ignorant GOP sheep Primary voters who voted for Charlatan Failorina:

http://taylorsiluwe.typepad.com/taylor_siluwe/images/2008/09/17/fuckyou_baby.jpg

THis is why politics is a losing battle for libertarians.

sofia
06-09-2010, 09:42 AM
I wish DeVore and Campbell worked out a plan for one to drop out.

having two males in the race clinched it for Charly Fiorina...

silly female voters vote for their sisters. Thats why all of these broads are cleaning up across America.

60% - 65% of GOP women in Connecticut are supporting that bitch McMahon.

Peter Schiff would have to win 70% of the male vote.

This female takeover of the GOP is going to be a serious problem. Women are shopaholics, followers, and nurturers by nature. They won't give us the cuts in social spending that we need.

Women's suffrage was another one of Wilson's death blows to America. Women generally vote their "feelings"....not their intellects.

These ladies should be focusing on raising their kids.

AuH20
06-09-2010, 10:02 AM
This female takeover of the GOP is going to be a serious problem. Women are shopaholics, followers, and nurturers by nature. They won't give us the cuts in social spending that we need.

Women's suffrage was another one of Wilson's death blows to America. Women generally vote their "feelings"....not their intellects.

Amen. Finally someone said it. Today's women are the biggest saps (apologies to Melissa WV). Suckers for these social engineering and ponzi schemes.

Brian4Liberty
06-09-2010, 11:38 AM

Please explain.

Politics is a losing battle for all people who are informed and research candidates. Instead we have people who vote purely on name recognition, Propositions with nice sounding names, and anyone who the media tells them to vote for. We all lose.

vonMises
06-09-2010, 11:57 AM

As long as people don't really know what we actually think about them, we're still good to go.

silentshout
06-09-2010, 11:59 AM

silly female voters vote for their sisters. Thats why all of these broads are cleaning up across America.

Not all women. In fact, many women are much harder on other women than they are men. I'm one of them, admittedly. Sorry to say this, but I'm honest. I really need to try not to do this, but I hate when female candidates think they can just get female votes because they are women. I do agree with you as for some women (voting with feelings vs. intellect), and it is sad.

vonMises
06-09-2010, 12:28 PM

I think women for the most part actually vote according to their backgrounds, whether it is ethnic, social, religious or economic (or a combination).

The first women suffragists were actually well to do racists (or at least ethnic supremacists) who felt that allowing newly franchised blacks and immigrants to vote was destroying Anglo-American civilization. It wasn't a roving mass of women that voted after the passage of the 19th Amendment, but a certain kind that felt their place and that of their husbands were being eroded. Once they had the vote, they tended to vote whatever their husbands voted on, which was usually against what they thought to be an emotionally driven white ethnic base of voters. If anything, "emotional" voters at that time (perhaps still today) were ethnic males (white and non-white) and NOT well to do white females. Women suffrage was a calculated move to preserve ethnic hegemony in an increasing diversifying and plural America, for a time anyway.

vonMises
06-09-2010, 12:37 PM
Not all women. In fact, many women are much harder on other women than they are men. I'm one of them, admittedly. Sorry to say this, but I'm honest. I really need to try not to do this, but I hate when female candidates think they can just get female votes because they are women. I do agree with you as for some women (voting with feelings vs. intellect), and it is sad.

I think gender based "emotionalism" has been rather exaggerated. Let us just say that men of certain ethnic backgrounds are far more emotional than women of other ethnic backgrounds will ever be (experience and many books confirm this). I find notions that question women intellectual abilities as misogynistic. Then again what I offer to dispute this is almost racist in itself.

libertythor
06-09-2010, 12:54 PM
Fiorina still has a chance. But I wouldn't blame anyone for voting libertarian. I firmly believe you should vote lesser of two evils in your primary...and vote your principles in the general.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

I am voting a straight Libertarian ticket this November. There is no way that I am going to support Meg Shitman-Flachspueler or Carly Fiornia!

The only thing I am looking forward to is the marijuana legalization proposition that will supposedly be on the ballot.

HOLLYWOOD
06-09-2010, 01:56 PM

Barbara Boxer took 92% of the vote in the primary for San Francisco county, aka Lesbian Capital of America. There's that singular Ideologies that these foolish voters continue voting in destructive long term policies. Gesus you could say you want to go to war with China tomorrow, but I will protect Gay marriage and march in Pride parades... you'll still get 90% of the vote... upside down instant fix for the singulars.

Carly Failurina is well know for her illegal acts and violations of laws during her stint in High Tech companies across Silicon Valley... and reflective, she lost all the Silicon Valley Counties: Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, San Mateo, San Francisco, Monterrey... the further from Silicon Valley, the better Fiorina scored. I presume they don't have internet up there in them thar hills. :o

Vote Tally By Counties: http://www.politico.com/2010/maps/#/Senate/2010/CA

vonMises
06-09-2010, 02:05 PM
Barbara Boxer took 92% of the vote in the primary for San Francisco county, aka Lesbian Capital of America. There's that singular Ideologies that these foolish voters continue voting in destructive long term policies. Gesus you could say you want to go to war with China tomorrow, but I will protect Gay marriage and march in Pride parades... you'll still get 90% of the vote... upside down instant fix for the singulars.

Carly Failurina is well know for her illegal acts and violations of laws during her stint in High Tech companies across Silicon Valley... and reflective, she lost all the Silicon Valley Counties: Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, San Mateo, San Francisco, Monterrey... the further from Silicon Valley, the better Fiorina scored. I presume they don't have internet up there in them thar hills. :o

Vote Tally By Counties: http://www.politico.com/2010/maps/#/Senate/2010/CA

Tom Campbell also represented those counties in his various stints as Congressman though.

Deborah K
06-09-2010, 02:19 PM
I'm voting 3rd party..have no idea who, but I can't vote for either of these people.

I'm personally getting really sick and tired of having to cast protest votes. I don't want to do it anymore. I don't like voting for the lesser of two douchebags either. I feel like just sitting all elections out and just getting drunk instead.

BlackTerrel
06-14-2010, 01:46 AM

You've got a lot of hate in you.

Women's suffrage was another one of Wilson's death blows to America.Women generally vote their "feelings"....not their intellects.

Seriously? We really have a guy on RPF complaining about women having the right to vote? In General Politics.

A guy who posts under a female username. Classy.

youngbuck
06-14-2010, 02:10 AM
I now have even less hope for California, and there wasn't much to begin with.

libertarian4321
06-14-2010, 03:24 AM
Fiorina can't screw up California the way she screwed up HP, because CA is already screwed up.

I find it hard to believe she is touting here "business credentials" as a reason to vote for her.

She was an epic failure as CEO of HP.

osan
06-15-2010, 07:55 PM
I am voting a straight Libertarian ticket this November. There is no way that I am going to support Meg Shitman-Flachspueler or Carly Fiornia!

Fiorina is an IMBECILE. She pile drove HP into the ground in what, 2 years? Less? They had to boot her before the company went belly up. I be she could fuck up fucking up.

Koz
06-15-2010, 08:04 PM
I now have even less hope for California, and there wasn't much to begin with.

California is screwed, that's one reason I left in 2006. I thought I was getting away from having to pay for the shitty politicians there. I was wrong, my tax dollars will help bail them out I'm sure.

boxer will get re-elected. She could murder someone in the street on video and still get re-elected.

klamath
06-15-2010, 08:13 PM
Fiorina is to california republicans what Al Greene is to NC democrats. A joke that somehow got elected.