PDA

View Full Version : Inmates Continue to Run the Asylum!:Democrats vote down 5% Mortgage Rule

AuH20
06-08-2010, 08:57 PM
Where is the goddamn press on this?

Democrats Vote Down 5 Percent Rule

In a bid to stem taxpayer losses for bad loans guaranteed by federal housing agencies Fanny Mae and Freddy Mac, Senator Bob Corker (R-Tenn) proposed that borrowers be required to make a 5% down payment in order to qualify. His proposal was rejected 57-42 on a party-line vote because, as Senator Chris Dodd (D-Conn) explained, “passage of such a requirement would restrict home ownership to only those who can afford it.”

Dodd should be hung from the highest tree in the land. Yes, Feds I hope you got that one.

Brooklyn Red Leg
06-08-2010, 09:00 PM
Where is the goddamn press on this?

The same place that shows mortgages as they exist in the modern world are fraudulent and are the very ideal of Usury, which is immoral, and should be outlawed. A modern mortgage is little more than modern serfdom in my opinion.

Kludge
06-08-2010, 09:01 PM
Curious that Dems would be the ones to vote this down given how active they´ve been in populist financials regulations in the Dodd bill.

The same place that shows mortgages as they exist in the modern world are fraudulent and are the very ideal of Usury, which is immoral, and should be outlawed. A modern mortgage is little more than modern serfdom in my opinion.
Willful serfdom...

AuH20
06-08-2010, 09:01 PM

Agreed. They're experts at creating debt slaves and then shifting the burden to their bankrupt slush funds Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac.

AuH20
06-08-2010, 09:03 PM
Curious that Dems would be the ones to vote this down given how active they´ve been in populist financials regulations in the Dodd bill.

Willful serfdom...

They're in too deep with the mortgage industry. Plus, they need to feed Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac with their toxic IOUs.

MsDoodahs
06-08-2010, 09:03 PM
OMG that is hilarious!

Dodd actually SAID that passing the 5% down rule WOULD RESTRICT HOME OWNERSHIP TO THOSE WHO CAN AFFORD IT!

Dodd and the dems actually prefer that people who CANNOT afford homes be buying them...because it isn't like that had a thing to do with the subprime meltdown. lol...

Does Chris have early Alzheimer's or something? I mean, good Lord!

sevin
06-08-2010, 09:10 PM
OMG that is hilarious!

Dodd actually SAID that passing the 5% down rule WOULD RESTRICT HOME OWNERSHIP TO THOSE WHO CAN AFFORD IT!

I know. When I first read it, I thought it must be a joke. This is the worst Senate we've ever had.

Vessol
06-08-2010, 09:21 PM
http://sieabah.net/random/randomimages/lol/facepalm_implied.jpg

Cynanthrope
06-08-2010, 09:27 PM
I think that's from a satirical article...

Stary Hickory
06-08-2010, 09:59 PM
OMG that is hilarious!

Dodd and the dems actually prefer that people who CANNOT afford homes be buying them...because it isn't like that had a thing to do with the subprime meltdown. lol...

Does Chris have early Alzheimer's or something? I mean, good Lord!

These are my thoughts exactly, if you hang out in progressive coo coo land to long I guess sentences like Dodd's makes some kind of sense. We are reeling from massive currency and debt fraud as it is and Dodd says something freaking retarded.

IMO we ought to restrict sales to anyone but we ought to get ALL federal funding out of housing. And we need to stop the FED and end inflation. Then if banks want to poorly invest their clients money then they are free to do so. They just wont be open ver long.

AuH20
06-08-2010, 10:04 PM
I think that's from a satirical article...

I think you're right. It was posted on april fools. My apologies. the scary thing is that it sounds authentic and they really think like this. If there was such an amendment they would probably vote this way.