PDA

View Full Version : Today on "Votes Of Our Lives..."

angelatc
06-08-2010, 02:36 PM
I swear I am addicted to Justin Amash's Facebook page. If you don't know about it, he posts live from the MI floor about how he just voted and why. Earlier today there were votes to clean up old laws, like:

Justin Amash just voted yes on SBs 765-767, which repeal crimes related to prizefighting.

Tell me this next one doesn't remind you of somebody else:

just voted no on HR 294, which "recognize[s] the perfect game pitched by Armando Galarraga of the Detroit Tigers on June 2, 2010, against the Cleveland Indians." Congrats to Mr. Galarraga for his outstanding performance and achievement, but I'm not the commissioner of Major League Baseball, and this resolution is not a...n appropriate legislative matter. It passed 101-5.

Then there's BS politicing, as evidenced in these next two posts:

just voted yes on Amendment 1d to SB 1157, which requires universities engaged in human embryonic stem cell research with donated human embryos to submit a report to the Department of Community Health. The amendment was adopted 58-48.

just voted no on SB 1157, the appropriations bill for Higher Education. The Democrats stripped out Amendment 1d (which was adopted) with a substitute version of the bill at the last second. The bill passed 55-51.

These people have no interest in democracy, a republic, or anything else resembling honest voting.

TheState
06-08-2010, 05:13 PM
I agree, I love seeing the votes. It's amazing how much crap they vote on.

I also love how he'll answer questions in the comments section for each vote. It's an awesome idea.

Michigan11
06-08-2010, 10:14 PM
It's like the best of both world's, he is winning his primary yet informing the people to what evil lurkes in the government.... this is something!

AdamT
06-08-2010, 10:16 PM
Amash is awesome. I've seen his votes where he's the only one voting no 105-1. Reminds me of someone :)

libertybrewcity
06-08-2010, 11:38 PM
cool! very tech savvy for a pol

biles1234
06-09-2010, 12:26 PM
Justin Amash just voted no on HB 5889, the appropriations bill for the Department of Transportation. The bill includes $84 million in appropriations without an identified funding source. In other words, it authorizes spending money we don't have. The bill passed 59-47.

SMH
:confused: