PDA

View Full Version : Races to Watch Toady

orenbus
06-07-2010, 11:05 PM
So which candidates that best support liberty and have a good chance of winning are we watching today? I would imagine there will be a lot of coverage on Tuesday's primaries, and I haven't really been paying attention to what is going on outside my state. Anyone have a list of candidates to be on the look out for?

Thanks.

squarepusher
06-07-2010, 11:06 PM
toady!

orenbus
06-07-2010, 11:15 PM
Ok I found this Time magazine article let me know if this is right:

Nevada: Sharron Angle (senate)
South Carolina: Nikki Haley (governor)
California: Steve Poizner (governor)

http://www.time.com/time/politics/article/0,8599,1994661,00.html

looking for more...

tangent4ronpaul
06-07-2010, 11:48 PM
Blanch Lincoln has her runoff today too. I'm not sure who is the better candidate, but I kinda like Blanch's style when I've seen her. She's a moderate Dem and often votes with us.

OTOH - I believe she was of the hold outs on the health care bell and sold out. Believe her opponent is a party line voter 100%

-t

libertybrewcity
06-07-2010, 11:54 PM
john dennis in CA-8

some have been talking about sharron angle but i don't know much about her.

libertybrewcity
06-07-2010, 11:55 PM
chuck devore too for CA-senate

james1906
06-07-2010, 11:56 PM

looking for more...

from http://stevepoizner.com/meet/bio ..... In 2006, he was elected as a lifetime member of the Council on Foreign Relations after being nominated by former U.S. Secretary of State George Shultz.

Imperial
06-08-2010, 02:10 AM
Angle is good on some things but she also isn't the hottest on others, like foreign policy and social issues. If you want that, Tarkanian is the best. But Tarkanian isn't quite as conservative on the economic issues.

Here is my guide to the contests tomorrow:

California:
Senate- ABC (Anybody but Carly- Chuck Devore or Tom Campbell)
4th District (incumbent) - Tom McClintock
8th District- John Dennis
16th District- Edward Gonzalez
36th District- Mattie Fein (wife of Bruce Fein)
Prop 14- NO
Prop 16- NO

Maine:
Governor- Bruce Poliquin

Nevada:
Danny Tarkanian or Sharon Angle

South Carolina:
Governor- Nikki Haley
Lieutenant Govenor- Bill Connor
3rd District- Mike Vasovski

South Dakota:
Governor: Gordon Howie

Virginia:
5th District- Mike McPadden

BuddyRey
06-08-2010, 02:11 AM
Can anybody tell me who I should be keeping an eye on in NC, besides B.J. Lawson?

Imperial
06-08-2010, 02:31 AM
Well as you probably know North Carolina had its primary already. One good candidate, Dan Eichenbaum, lost out in a primary. However, you still have Walter Jones, an incumbent, running for US House and Glen Bradley running for the state legislature. In addition, the NC Libertarian Party is growing really quickly. I know they have a slate they are fielding this time around.

BuddyRey
06-08-2010, 02:41 AM
Great! I'm actually ashamed of myself for having forgotten to mention Glen, because I'm really looking forward to his victory. Unfortunately, it looks as if I have no one to vote for in my district (9) who really excites me like Bradley or Lawson. :(

malkusm
06-08-2010, 04:39 AM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=245428

Thread I started several weeks ago and have been keeping up to date. Feel free to subscribe :)

angelatc
06-08-2010, 05:11 AM
The Nevada race is the one that will get most of the press.

speciallyblend
06-08-2010, 05:39 AM
The Nevada race is the one that will get most of the press.

i heard on the msm the other day that angle wanted to outlaw alcohol? how can we expect tea party candidates to uphold liberty and freedom? when they are just trying to ride the coat tails of our movement! i generally do not trust anyone that calls themselves tea party or liberty-minded! i perdict this country is F____d by the gop/dnc!!

Matt Collins
06-08-2010, 12:40 PM
http://lh5.ggpht.com/_2T0Ya_U4gN8/S_LkL7ifoMI/AAAAAAAAAGA/xDt72mISVFc/Toady%20-%20TheCollins01.jpg
http://lh4.ggpht.com/_2T0Ya_U4gN8/S_LcZLvVL2I/AAAAAAAAAF0/UWJl-VnoGh8/s512/Trey-Toady01.jpg
http://lh3.ggpht.com/_2T0Ya_U4gN8/S_Lf9D6kYjI/AAAAAAAAAF4/ECVnWd2MavI/Toady%20-%20primarycolors01.jpg
http://imgur.com/4tA37.jpg

JCF
06-08-2010, 12:42 PM

looking for more...

No. The only person running for governor in CA that I'm looking at is Chelene Nightingale, has no chance but whatever :p

Both the top Rs are against weed legalization anyway.

Brian4Liberty
06-08-2010, 12:54 PM

California:

John Dennis and Ed Gonzalez should be Primary wins, and could replace sitting Democrats in the General.

HOLLYWOOD
06-08-2010, 01:26 PM
i heard on the msm the other day that angle wanted to outlaw alcohol? how can we expect tea party candidates to uphold liberty and freedom? when they are just trying to ride the coat tails of our movement! i generally do not trust anyone that calls themselves tea party or liberty-minded! i perdict this country is F____d by the gop/dnc!!

Please tolerate it for now... I'm tired of the media taking shit out of context and people hear blurbs and run amok with it.

Sharron Angle isn't a complete Ron Paul, but is FAR FAR better than any candidate currently on the slate running for any offices to Washington DC.

It's the big powerful establishment and their money, exploiting the anti-establishment by whatever means. Look at their history and what they will do and how they are backed. Sharron Angle works and lives in the most libertarian area of the country (Washoe/Carson/Douglas/etc) counties. Basically, North and West Nevada. In the Nevada GOP presidential 2008 primary, we delivered the best results for Ron Paul, this was early in the running of primaries which gave Ron a second place with 15% far better than any previous state primary with a full field of candidates.

After Rand Paul and being railroaded by the Media and things taken out of context, you guys here would and should know better.

Tartanian is a frigin Democrat "Establishment" politicians running as a so-called Republican... his history of voting and donating to Dumbocrats and his mother is a Democrat in Las Vegas.

Sue Lowden, well, the Evil Rino Bitch has such a dirty trail, I'm truly surprised she's still in the polls, but it's the national party backing ($$$ & M$M) the political RINO Whore.

Sharron Angle ONLY... forget the rest and the BS media snipes now... think Beck/Medina or Paul/Maddow when you hear something about Angle.

Angle is a threat to both parties, the MSM corporate media, and Imperialism.

aclove
06-08-2010, 01:32 PM
Great! I'm actually ashamed of myself for having forgotten to mention Glen, because I'm really looking forward to his victory. Unfortunately, it looks as if I have no one to vote for in my district (9) who really excites me like Bradley or Lawson. :(

The 9th District is pretty barren, I'll grant you that.

Another NC liberty candidate to be aware of is Jon Hardister. He's a Ron Paul Republican running for NC House in District 57. Check him out here: http://www.jonhardister.com/

libertybrewcity
06-08-2010, 02:25 PM
So which candidates that best support liberty and have a good chance of winning are we watching today? I would imagine there will be a lot of coverage on Tuesday's primaries, and I haven't really been paying attention to what is going on outside my state. Anyone have a list of candidates to be on the look out for?

Thanks.

some positives some negatives:
just me personally, i don't like this

Israel, a democratic nation, is the United States’ strongest ally in the Middle East. Israel’s sovereignty, stability and security are in the best interests of the United States, especially when dealing with radical Islamic terrorism.

but i do like this:

Pay back the deficit
Cut back on spending, taxation and regulation
Take back the economy by defunding ObamaCare
Auditing the “Fed” (Federal Reserve)
Abolishing the 67,000-pages of IRS code
Making the capital gains and death tax cuts permanent

RonPaulwillWin
06-08-2010, 02:27 PM
from http://stevepoizner.com/meet/bio ..... In 2006, he was elected as a lifetime member of the Council on Foreign Relations after being nominated by former U.S. Secretary of State George Shultz.

Still a better pick than Meg.

Imperial
06-08-2010, 05:40 PM
Angle is good on some things but she also isn't the hottest on others, like foreign policy and social issues. If you want that, Tarkanian is the best. But Tarkanian isn't quite as conservative on the economic issues.

California:
Prop 14- NO
Prop 16- NO

Maine:
Governor- Bruce Poliquin

Nevada:

South Carolina:
Governor- Nikki Haley

South Dakota:
Governor: Gordon Howie (w/ Kermit Staggers for Lt. Gov)

Virginia:
5th District- Mike McPadden

Bump! Keep an eye on these races tonight, although California will come in pretty late!

MRoCkEd
06-08-2010, 05:42 PM
Haley winning in SC..
McPadden lost in VA

South Park Fan
06-08-2010, 05:52 PM
For governor I voted for Larry Naritelli. Whitman and Poizner both seem like liberals.

orenbus
06-08-2010, 06:12 PM
MSM doesn't seem to be covering the races too well, anyone know a site that has realtime info on election results?

MRoCkEd
06-08-2010, 06:14 PM
MSM doesn't seem to be covering the races too well, anyone know a site that has realtime info on election results?
Politico.com

angelatc
06-08-2010, 06:15 PM

Politico has the best results page. They're always ahead of the TV.

http://www.politico.com/2010/maps/

MsDoodahs
06-08-2010, 06:18 PM

I'm checking www.fivethirtyeight.com as well.

:)

Todd
06-08-2010, 07:43 PM
Haley winning in SC..
McPadden lost in VA

yes. We have another establishment goon to deal with in Hurt.

parocks
06-09-2010, 03:03 AM
Bruce Poliquin was not the guy in Maine. LePage was and he won big 38-17-14-13. Poliquin wasn't in the top 4. Tea Party boots on the ground made the difference. The Maine GOP platform which mentioned Austrian Economics was written by the Knox County GOP. Knox County went for LePage with 53% (and he's not even from Knox County). LePage is our guy and I'm glad he won. I contributed to Rand and LePage. They both won big. Probably will add Schiff. May add Christine from Delaware.

California:
Prop 14- NO
Prop 16- NO

Maine:
Governor- Bruce Poliquin

Nevada:

South Carolina:
Governor- Nikki Haley

South Dakota:
Governor: Gordon Howie