PDA

View Full Version : Obama goes street: Seeks to kick ass over gulf oil spill!

libertythor
06-07-2010, 07:57 PM
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2010/06/07/obama_seeking_ass_to_kick_over_oil_spill.html

Digg link
http://digg.com/politics/Obama_Goes_Street_Seeking_Ass_to_Kick_Over_Oil_Spi ll

Kludge
06-07-2010, 08:30 PM
LOL! This is probably the most desperate attempt to reverse his image, yet -- This is the kind of greatness I loved about Dubya!

regjones123
06-07-2010, 08:58 PM
good on obama but the experts are the only ones that can fix the spill. i thought they put a cap on the leak now and it's fixed?

dannno
06-07-2010, 08:58 PM
haha

CharlesTX
06-07-2010, 09:11 PM
Obama the Ass Kicker.

libertythor
06-07-2010, 10:49 PM
Obama the Ass Kicker.

I would turn the k into an L.

Bruno
06-07-2010, 10:55 PM
I would turn the k into an L.

nice one, libertythor! :D

LittleLightShining
06-08-2010, 06:27 AM
LOL! This is probably the most desperate attempt to reverse his image, yet -- This is the kind of greatness I loved about Dubya!

He's trying to appease Bill Maher.

Bruno
06-08-2010, 06:28 AM
He's trying to appease Bill Maher.

And Spike Lee

james1906
06-08-2010, 06:29 AM
He wants Will I Am to dick ride him again

A. Havnes
06-08-2010, 06:37 AM
LOL! That was too funny, Obama!

TonySutton
06-08-2010, 06:46 AM
I was there a month ago. ~Obama

and what a trip it was

Obama's last trip to the Gulf was last-minute, brief and had little lasting effect. He flew in and out of New Orleans on May 2, drove two hours to a Coast Guard station and got a briefing before taking a quick helicopter tour. He did not even see the oil slick.(bold mine)

All of these politicians talked a lot over the last 6 weeks but they did very little. If they wanted to stop the oil from reaching the coastline they could have spent the money and sued BP in court for damages. They didn't do anything, they just talk and point fingers. They all disgust me!

winston_blade
06-08-2010, 08:08 AM
That was so forced, really kind of embarrassing.

MelissaWV
06-08-2010, 08:31 AM
I keep finding myself in the uneviable position of having to point things out to the forums that they don't want to hear.

Just as many have criticized the IDF videos for not showing the whole story, and just as Rand and Ron find themselves the victims of selective editing, so this is a bit of an undue roast of Obama.

I actually watched the thing live this morning. Just before the segment, the question posed to Obama by Matt Lauer was about his "laid back" attitude, and isn't this more of a time for "kicking ass." The phrase was fed to Obama by Lauer. Of course, any intelligent politician on a national morning show is not going to parrot back that phrase just because the interviewer uses it, and that's an error on his part, but it's not like he came up with the phrase himself. That is why it sounds so forced.

The most interesting part about the interview was Obama insisting that he had consulted with experts, and that's why he's been so busy. Well? What did the experts come up with? I don't believe for a moment that the brightest minds in the nation, if indeed that's who he had over, came up with "let's cut it again and cap it temporarily and then cap it again and then again until BP can get as much oil out of there as possible." I am willing to guess there were myriad ideas tossed about, but BP (oops I mean the Government, since Obama has also insisted that they are in charge) does not seem willing to implement those ideas.

Another interesting tidbit was how Obama went on and on about how shallow wells don't have this problem, and that there is a moratorium now on deep drilling. Isn't the Government the same group of people that forced most of these companies to go deep? I thought shallow drilling was an environmental catastrophe and an eyesore?

Lastly, someone should remind Obama about his timeline. The Horizon problem began in late (being generous) April. To listen to Obama speak, he has done nothing since then but meet with experts and coordinate with the good people of the Gulf states to try to fix this. Certainly, I would even allow for time for the President to interact with his daily briefers on matters like National Security and of course our ongoing wars and economic crisis. So... I am sure he wasn't doing anything frivolous or stupid from late April to early June, right?

Office of the Press Secretary

For Immediate Release May 19, 2010
Remarks by President Obama and President Calderón of Mexico at Joint Press Availability

PRESIDENT OBAMA: Good afternoon. Buenas tardes. I want to again welcome President Calderón to the White House. Michelle and I are delighted to be hosting the President and First Lady Margarita Zavala and their delegation for this state visit, and we’re looking forward to returning the hospitality -- the wonderful hospitality that we received in Mexico when we have our state dinner this evening.

I’ve often said that in our interconnected world, where nations and peoples are linked like never before, both the promise and perils of our time are shared. Nowhere is this clearer than among the neighbors -- the United States and Mexico.

The trade and tourism between us creates jobs and prosperity for both our peoples. When a flu spreads, or an earthquake strikes, or cartels threaten innocent people, it affects lives on both sides of our common border. When our neighbors are in need, whether in Honduras or in Haiti, we respond together. And when we expand partnerships between our people, it forges connections that leads to greater prosperity and opportunity for decades to come.

PRESIDENT CALDERÓN: (As translated.) Thank you, President.
Ladies and gentlemen, members of the media, good afternoon. First of all, I would like to thank the kind invitation of the people and the government of the United States to carry out this visit. And I am the bearer of a respectful and affectionate greeting of the Mexican people to this nation, which is our neighbor and friend. I would like to thank the words and the hospitality of President Barack Obama.

President Barack Obama Wednesday deployed the full pomp of a White House state dinner for only the second time, honoring Mexico's President Felipe Calderon with a sumptuous menu and elaborate decor.

Oh. Well. Right.

MsDoodahs
06-08-2010, 08:54 AM
All of these politicians talked a lot over the last 6 weeks but they did very little. If they wanted to stop the oil from reaching the coastline they could have spent the money and sued BP in court for damages. They didn't do anything, they just talk and point fingers. They all disgust me!

Exactly.

Obama - as the president - is RESPONSIBLE for protecting the shore.

He COULD have protected the shore yet he CHOSE to do NOTHING.

Think about WHY he would do such a thing.

Who stands to gain by refusing to protect the shores?