PDA

View Full Version : A Few Reasons Ron will have a tough time getting the GOP nod

rp08rp
10-13-2007, 05:54 AM
and I'm the first guy that wants him in, but Tucker made a great point last night that most people dont want to take responsibility for their lives.

Ron says END THE IRS, END THE FEDERAL RESERVE, etc
Do any of you think alot of people understand why , and the reasons of the monetary system, in time to be elected?
These huge ideas about getting rid of things can hurt him, b/c it makes people pause.

THINK OF ALL THE JOBS around the IRS
THINK OF THE JOBS around the Department of Homeland Security, Education, etc
Ending the FEDERAL RESERVE people say to me? And laugh.

Look, I want him in there badly, but he can be seen as radical to the Sheep.

HE NEEDS TO SAY WHAT/HOW SUCH DRASTIC ACTIONS WILL HELP AMERICA.

/

wgadget
10-13-2007, 05:56 AM
He needs to push how prosperity would be the end result. He also seems to be saying that ending the imperialism would be the first step, and that it would all take a transition period to get everyone self-sufficient. He knows it would take time and a lot of cooperation from other politicians.

goldstandard
10-13-2007, 05:59 AM
http://cns.bu.edu/~rushi/obelix.jpg

rp08rp
10-13-2007, 06:00 AM
He needs to push how prosperity would be the end result. He also seems to be saying that ending the imperialism would be the first step, and that it would all take a transition period to get everyone self-sufficient. He knows it would take time and a lot of cooperation from other politicians.

EXACTLY, he needs to go further

and in "JUST COME HOME"

He needs to go a step further

LibertyEagle
10-13-2007, 06:02 AM
Paul is doing just fine, rp08rp.

Please stop trying to bring everyone down.

rp08rp
10-13-2007, 06:06 AM
Paul is doing just fine, rp08rp.

Please stop trying to bring everyone down.

Not, just trying to foster debate to HEAD OFF objections

WE CANT preach to the CHOIR all day,
I am very active talking to hordes of people about him and think if he can TAG HOPE and RAMIFICATION to these ideas about getting rid of DEPT'S/IRS/FED

It would make our jobs alot easier.

OptionsTrader
10-13-2007, 06:11 AM
I request that you stop with all of the negativity. Bryan requested people to stop doing what you are doing rp08rp. Stop with the negativity. And the sheep comments is name calling propaganda in the same way that those who like to smear Paul use name calling.

Focus on positives. That is what Paul's message is it is a message of optimism and hope.

Nefertiti
10-13-2007, 06:13 AM
Have you ever looked up how many people actually work for the DOE? It's very small. Get rid of that bureaucracy imposed on schools fulfilling federal requirements and they probably will be able to hire all those DOE employees.

rp08rp
10-13-2007, 06:14 AM
I request that you stop with all of the negativity. Bryan requested people to stop doing what you are doing rp08rp. Stop with the negativity. And the sheep comments is name calling propaganda in the same way that those who like to smear Paul use name calling.

Focus on positives. That is what Paul's message is it is a message of optimism and hope.

HOPE IS A GREAT THIEF man, you should know that being in Markets.

We need to Hedge the DRASTIC sound-bytes with better messaging,
I have contacted the campaign,

Its not negativity i, its REALITY.
Do you know how many people I have to explain , the FED , the IRS, etc to?and even then, they are cautious.
My friend's family is a CPA doing tax returns , they love Ron but worry he will destroy their livelihood.

It can SLOW US DOWN without Ron having more info about HOW it will help people..

ButchHowdy
10-13-2007, 06:25 AM
Everyone has different hot-buttons and you need to learn how to explain RP's platform of eliminating the IRS:

1.) to be replaced with NOTHING
2.) IRS only feeds 1/3 of the Govt's consumption
3.) Go back to year 2000 levels of spending/budget

undergroundrr
10-13-2007, 07:07 AM
Ron Paul is doing a better job than ANYBODY EVER HAS BEFORE of delivering the freedom message.

Tin_Foil_Hat
10-13-2007, 07:11 AM
Yeah, I've had a ton of people tell me they won't vote for Ron because their uncle or aunt work for the Federal Reserve and it will make them cry if they lose their job. :rolleyes:

JenHarris
10-13-2007, 07:19 AM
I actually find it much simpler if you just use the old marketing phrase KISS - Keep it simple stupid. Just remember that most of us came to be avid Ron Paul supporters in stages. I certainly didn't know anything about the fed before hearing him, and it isn't what won me over to him either.

We all followed our own route to becoming an avid supporter. We heard things in a different order. We looked up the points he had that interested us first and then paid more attention to other things the closer we got to Ron's true message.

My point is this: if you make things too complicated you turn a lot of people off. Get them the info they need, share with them your personal testimony and the basic platforms. Tell them just how great Ron Paul is and how he has inspired hundreds of thousands of people just like them to take a stand for OUR country. Give them your phone number and have them call you if they have any questions. If someone truly wants to talk about it all then go for it but don't assume that everyone needs to hear all that to vote for Ron.

My second point is this: who cares if people don't want to stand up for themselves as Tucker postulated. You don't have to tell people every little implication of a Ron Paul presidency to get them to vote. Sell them what they want to buy, shake their hand and walk away. You've got the sale, no point in talking them out of it by giving too much info. Not everyone has to be an avid supporter to be a supporter. From my experience people don't actually want to research a candidate so if it's the in thing to like Ron Paul that's great for us. It doesn't matter where we get the votes from, or why we get them as long as we get them.

Lastly: please stop calling people sheep and being insulting. We are not the elite (if anything we are the anti elite) and it is ticking me off when people act as if we are better. Ron certainly doesn't act that way. Everyone is a potential voter. If someone really wanted to run a hit piece on Ron Paul followers all they need to do is come to this board and post some of the rude comments that have been used when referring to other candidates or non-supporters. Yes, many people in this country aren't as knowledgeable as some of us, but that doesn't make us better people and I'm getting tired of some of us acting like it does. Everyone in this country is a potential RP supporter so stop insulting them.

margomaps
10-13-2007, 07:25 AM
FWIW, Ron has been asked these sort of questions in several interviews lately. He makes it very clear that he's not just going to "pull the plug" immediately on all these unnecessary federal agencies, laying off thousands upon thousands of federal employees overnight. He said it's going to be a slow process (he mentioned "at least 10 years" at the Robert Taft speech), and that the resulting economic prosperity should provide plenty of jobs for those who will eventually not be working for the fedgov anymore.

It seems like he's honing his answers a little more carefully, trying to provide a better idea of what "transition" means so that people aren't scared off by his "radical" ideas.

Thurston Howell III
10-13-2007, 07:30 AM
You have to watch the more in debth interviews. I've seen two just recently where Ron talked about the transition processes.

plopolp
10-13-2007, 07:34 AM
Who is afraid of abolishing the IRS and the FED?
Who likes tax and inflation???

Those are not "huge ideas". Those are very very simple issues.

Corydoras
10-13-2007, 07:56 AM
Do you know how many people I have to explain , the FED , the IRS, etc to?and even then, they are cautious.

Stop talking about these things to potential voters! I'm serious, stop talking about them!

THINK! For what reason are you bringing them up? What good is it doing? Let them find out for themselves if they get interested in it!

It is NOT your job to present the whole platform and every darn policy point to potential voters.

I say that your uncertainty is getting reflected in your voice when you talk about these things and people are picking it up.

Present the parts you are enthusiastic about. That's where you will be persuasive.

jaumen
10-13-2007, 08:02 AM
and I'm the first guy that wants him in, but Tucker made a great point last night that most people dont want to take responsibility for their lives.

Ron says END THE IRS, END THE FEDERAL RESERVE, etc
Do any of you think alot of people understand why , and the reasons of the monetary system, in time to be elected?
These huge ideas about getting rid of things can hurt him, b/c it makes people pause.

THINK OF ALL THE JOBS around the IRS
THINK OF THE JOBS around the Department of Homeland Security, Education, etc
Ending the FEDERAL RESERVE people say to me? And laugh.

Look, I want him in there badly, but he can be seen as radical to the Sheep.

HE NEEDS TO SAY WHAT/HOW SUCH DRASTIC ACTIONS WILL HELP AMERICA.

/

People need to realize that ending the federal reserve isn't really an option for much longer. If they understood how frighteningly close we are to an economic collapse, they would probably realize it's a much better idea to get out of it NOW, while we can make a transition. But yes, people have been taught to rely on the government, and it will take convincing for many of them.

c0unterph0bia
10-13-2007, 09:05 AM
Don't forget that the fed admitted they caused the Great Depression. They can say they've learned their lesson all they want, but who believes them? They continue to tamper with the markets, and risk causing something far worse than another Great Depression. They run the risk of an economic collapse - because they back our reserve notes with the promise of only more reserve notes.

TruckinMike
10-13-2007, 09:43 AM
Present the parts you are enthusiastic about. That's where you will be persuasive.

Thats right... just plant the seed, and show them the sun. (youtube, Google, etc.)

Truckinmike