PDA

View Full Version : Conn. officials investigating Schiff petitions

No1ButPaul08
06-07-2010, 04:03 PM
HARTFORD, Conn. — Connecticut elections officials are investigating whether Weston businessman Peter Schiff violated state laws by using out-of-state workers to collect signatures to petition his way onto the Republican primary ballot for U.S. Senate.

In a complain obtained Monday by The Associated Press, James Bancroft, who said he was a founding member of the Hartford tea party group, claimed he was approached by a Schiff supporter outside a store in Newington last week and asked to sign a petition. Bancroft said he struck up a conversation with the worker, who said he was from Montana. Bancroft filed the complaint with the State Elections Enforcement Commission on Friday.

Schiff's campaign said it expects to submit more than the required signatures by Tuesday's deadline.

The campaign did not immediately respond to the elections complaint.

http://www.courant.com/news/local/statewire/hc-ap-ct-connecticutsenatejun07,0,6460992.story
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This Bancroft character resigned from the Hartford Tea Party because they endorsed Schiff. The reason, because he was loosely connected to "traitor" (in his mind) Adam Kokesh. No joke. I stumbled across this a while ago but chose not to post it. I guess now would be a good time. If I had to guess he is making this up because he has it out for Schiff. I also wouldn't doubt it if he was on the McMahon payroll. Again, the McMahon's are really really sleezy people.

http://gatheringofeaglesnc.org/blog1.php/2010/03/19/connecticut-eagle-resigns-the-tea-party

Jeremy
06-07-2010, 04:13 PM
All of the out-of-state petitioners had an in-state Republican witness with them as the law says. The campaign has spent thousands of dollars making sure there was a witness with each out-of-state and/or non-Republican petitioner. I worked for three days as a witness. These allegations are ridiculous and they don't understand the laws here. If they understood the law, they would mention something about the witness instead of make assumptions. This is obviously a political move as you said and it won't go anywhere.

Well gee, now you let this Linda supporter have the upper hand in the article... good one Schiff campaign. I spent a minute writing a response that no one will read.

economics102
06-07-2010, 04:29 PM
Again, the McMahon's are really really sleezy people.

This. I trust Schiff is a very shrewd guy. So I expect he knows he needs to be ready for every underhanded trick in the book by the McMahons. The McMahon clan are the king of dirty tactics, and they're very creative, meaning they'll no doubt find all sorts of clever new ways to lie, cheat, and steal their way to the election. The marriage of Vince McMahon and Washington politics is about the only thing that could produce something even uglier than the modern day politician.

Fortunately, while Schiff may be a brand-new politician, he's no fool. And Schiff has spent much of his career analyzing and deconstructing the massive fraud that is our monetary system. So he's got some experience studying criminals.

RonPaulFanInGA
06-07-2010, 05:16 PM
He is now breathlessly posting this on FreeRepublic:

hXXp://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2529660/posts

No1ButPaul08
06-07-2010, 05:50 PM

The guy is a fucking idiot. The sad thing is some people are on his side.

G-Wohl
06-07-2010, 05:57 PM
This asshole claims he saw the paid ballot petitioners canvasing outside of the McMahon campaign headquarters. Does anybody know the legality behind this, if it is in fact a true allegation?

Jeremy
06-07-2010, 05:59 PM
This asshole claims he saw the paid ballot petitioners canvasing outside of the McMahon campaign headquarters. Does anybody know the legality behind this, if it is in fact a true allegation?

I think someone was doing that, but so what? As long as it's on public property.

No1ButPaul08
06-07-2010, 06:05 PM
Here's another comment from this idiot in another thread

"I know more people who are running away from Schiff now after they heard him then are running to him

he was not the only person who ‘predicted’ an economic problem, he is just lucky it happened when he had RON PAULS PRESS MACHINE to make him look like the only one."

Ron Paul has a press machine. Who knew?

No1ButPaul08
06-07-2010, 06:09 PM
Is there a dumber right-wing site on the internet than Free-Republic? Is it even possible?

libertybrewcity
06-07-2010, 06:28 PM
of course they are. he will have enough sigs though. i am not worrying about his. is schiff low on funds yet..or still?:(

specsaregood
06-07-2010, 06:33 PM

Well gee, now you let this Linda supporter have the upper hand in the article... good one Schiff campaign.

I tend to interpret that "did not immediately respond" line as: we called at 3am right before we went to press and got an answering machine.

K466
06-07-2010, 07:22 PM
What a jerk. I don't recall Peter saying anything about Kokesh before anyway.

I'm not too worried, Peter is going to get at least 10,000 signatures and maybe a lot more.

angelatc
06-07-2010, 08:22 PM

From the comments:

Keep focusing on moral issues, while the economy tanks

In 20 years when you are digging in trash cans for food, I doubt you’ll really be worried if homosexuals are getting married

well, when they force you to be gay, I dont think you’ll care how rich you are

:D

dannno
06-07-2010, 08:47 PM
From the comments:

:D

:eek::D

RonPaulwillWin
06-08-2010, 01:26 AM
Ron Paul has a press machine. Who knew?

Ron controls the MSM, didn't you know?