PDA

View Full Version : Jake Towne needs a forum

Kokeshfan
06-07-2010, 03:37 PM
Would anyone else support a separate forum for Jake Towne? He is running without party affiliation in PA district 15 and does not have a primary so can't get knocked off like so many of our other great candidates. Thoughts anyone?

Nathan Hale
06-07-2010, 08:45 PM
Jake Towne needs a new pic.

Honestly, that one pic of him that's plastered all over the place is downright frightening. He looks like something out of Soundgarten's "Black Hole Sun" video in that picture.

libertybrewcity
06-07-2010, 09:08 PM
agreed, same with Terri McCormick

dr. hfn
06-07-2010, 09:12 PM
does he have a chance in hell?

libertybrewcity
06-07-2010, 09:23 PM

the only poll that came out he had about 8 percent of the vote and the campaign claimed they only made it to about 10000 people. if the poll has any accuracy that is an amazing number for an independent.

also, despite the lack of funds the campaign seems to be doing very well. i think they just came out with a new website.

Kokeshfan
06-08-2010, 09:31 AM
also just occurred and the republican incumbent Dent, got 82% and his primary opponent who's name I can't recall got 18% and did not campaign once. There is a large section of the republican party over there that is unhappy with Dent that Jake can get support from.

dean.engelhardt
06-08-2010, 11:19 AM

I see tons of Jake Towne signs. There is probably some pretty good support for him. I don't live in his district but I've sent him money. I like were he stands on the issues. (http://towneforcongress.com/mission/)

I support a Towne subforum.

Kokeshfan
06-08-2010, 04:04 PM
why I think he ought to have a sub forum. He has very strong supporters but a lot of people in the online community still have not heard about him. Reasons for a sub forum:
1. He has no primary
2. He is not associated with a party
3. He is well read in monetary policy and often writes about the Fed, and the banking system
4. He is one of our most non-interventionist candidates where there are questions still regarding Rand, and Peter's commitment to this principle
5. He does not need that much money to win. His message attracts people when they hear about it.
6. He has done stuff with C4L, and YAL too I believe
7. He is active in his community and will actually SERVE his district. He volunteers at a soup kitchen, and has participated in a local currency.
8. He will talk with you. Email him right now he will personally respond to you.
9. He is a liberty activist.

Let's get him a sub forum!!!

libertybrewcity
06-08-2010, 04:09 PM
why I think he ought to have a sub forum. He has very strong supporters but a lot of people in the online community still have not heard about him. Reasons for a sub forum:
1. He has no primary
2. He is not associated with a party
3. He is well read in monetary policy and often writes about the Fed, and the banking system
4. He is one of our most non-interventionist candidates where there are questions still regarding Rand, and Peter's commitment to this principle
5. He does not need that much money to win. His message attracts people when they hear about it.
6. He has done stuff with C4L, and YAL too I believe
7. He is active in his community and will actually SERVE his district. He volunteers at a soup kitchen, and has participated in a local currency.
8. He will talk with you. Email him right now he will personally respond to you.
9. He is a liberty activist.

Let's get him a sub forum!!!

amen!!

rancher89
06-08-2010, 06:49 PM
I've supported Jake from the begining of his campaign. He's a bit goofy in his picture, but for goodness sakes he's no more goofy than our own RP (and don't tell me that RP hasn't been less than "rockstar" in many of his pictures and appearances--I love him and all, but....) So don't take the pic the wrong way, Jake is one of us....friend him on fb and you will see what I mean.

I support a Jake subforum.

JosephTheLibertarian
06-08-2010, 06:57 PM

Honestly, that one pic of him that's plastered all over the place is downright frightening. He looks like something out of Soundgarten's "Black Hole Sun" video in that picture.

but that was a kick ass music video! :cool:

YouTube - Soundgarden - Black Hole Sun (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiSkyEyBczU)

sunny
06-08-2010, 08:54 PM
here on RPF.

Jake Towne is a tried and true fighter of Freedom.

What do we need to do to create this for Jake?

libertybrewcity
06-08-2010, 09:53 PM
here on RPF.

Jake Towne is a tried and true fighter of Freedom.

What do we need to do to create this for Jake?

keep this bumped probably or request one on the general politics section. if he gets enough talk and buzz they may give us a forum..

Kokeshfan
06-09-2010, 09:06 AM
Chuck Devore's sub forum and put Jake there instead possibly. I think people are still talking on Adam Kokesh's but what's the point keeping them after awhile? Let's put our next best man up there

bobbyw24
06-09-2010, 09:07 AM
unlike some candidates who have subforums, Jake is a MEMBER of Ron Paul Forums

Kokeshfan
06-09-2010, 10:18 AM
a few other "support a Jake Towne sub forum" on other threads in General politics, the PA state forum, etc. Please go there and show your support.

RebekahinPA
06-09-2010, 02:12 PM
I also support a Jake Towne forum.

matterweisen
06-09-2010, 02:31 PM
holy facebook friend batman!

robpatozz
06-09-2010, 02:37 PM
Jake is a one man Liberty machine, but he needs serious help with his campaign, including MONEY and volunteers to knock on doors, get signatures, etc...A small dedicated army of patriots could get Jake elected...Send Maresco to Allentown!

For Liberty,

Rob

Bman
06-09-2010, 03:03 PM
Agreed. Jake needs a forum. Are we about supporting Liberty Candidates or just Republican Candidates?

I think we all know what needs to happen. DO IT!!!

BuckOFive
06-09-2010, 03:06 PM
Yes- let's get Jake a forum! He is this thing until november and can take the place of some of the candidates that are no longer in the race.

Jake Towne
06-09-2010, 05:57 PM
I hate having my photo taken, but I'll see what I can do.

Nathan Hale
06-09-2010, 06:21 PM

Sorry pal, but you're running for office. Get used to having your photo taken.

Go to the local college, find a photography student, and pay them a hundred bucks to shoot you for three hours in various backgrounds. Bring a polo shirt, a button down, and a suit. Spend an hour shooting in each. You'll get a wealth of shots worthy of your site.

libertybrewcity
06-09-2010, 07:33 PM
Sorry pal, but you're running for office. Get used to having your photo taken.

Go to the local college, find a photography student, and pay them a hundred bucks to shoot you for three hours in various backgrounds. Bring a polo shirt, a button down, and a suit. Spend an hour shooting in each. You'll get a wealth of shots worthy of your site.

bingo, good idea. they would probably do it for cheaper too. put an ad on craigslist.

GinnyCU2
06-10-2010, 05:51 AM
Jake Towne needs, and deserves, all the help he can get. He's stepped up to the plate, but needs a team effort to win the game. Please give Jake Towne his own forum, money, time, and prayers.

Nathan Hale
06-10-2010, 09:47 AM
bingo, good idea. they would probably do it for cheaper too. put an ad on craigslist.

While I agree that craiglist is an options, Craigslist invites two classes of bad people:

1. Pros who want to pitch you for more than you're willing to pay and/or offer a limited number of retouched pics instead of handing over the SD card at the end of the shoot.

2. Amateurs who talk a good game but deliver crap quality.

If you go to a school you can make all the demands ($100 firm limit, hand over the SD card when you're done), and you get a guarantee of at least a modicum of talent. Better than sifting through a sea of sharks, if you ask me.

tekkierich
06-10-2010, 09:55 AM
I have spoken to Jake Towne and sent him some money. He is a principled as they come and is campaigning hard. It is his full time job and he stays very busy. Earlier in his campaign has made his presences know all over PA at Campaign for Liberty and compatriot groups.

I give Jake 100% of my support, and will likely go to his district some to campaign for him this fall.

Give him his forum.

tekkierich
06-10-2010, 09:57 AM

As a supporter I agree, changing the picture would help.

ronpaulhawaii
06-10-2010, 10:45 AM

LMAO!!! Thanks for checking in, Jake. I like the idea of "featuring" an independent campaign, as well

Jake is a one man Liberty machine, but he needs serious help with his campaign, including MONEY and volunteers to knock on doors, get signatures, etc...A small dedicated army of patriots could get Jake elected...Send Maresco to Allentown!

For Liberty,

Rob

:eek: - Yes, the east calls. May have to move around a bit between the several states... :D