libertybrewcity
06-07-2010, 01:30 PM
Field Poll
5/27-6/2/10; 511 likely Republican primary voters, 4.5% margin of error
Mode: Live telephone interviews
(Field release)

California

2010 Senate: Republican Primary
37% Fiorina, 22% Campbell, 19% DeVore (chart)

Looks like devore has been gaining some ground but fiorina has even more

http://www.pollster.com/polls/ca/10-ca-sen-reppr.php

specsaregood
06-07-2010, 01:32 PM
the establishment is loving this shit. Just like Indiana......bah

libertybrewcity
06-07-2010, 01:33 PM
however, devore seems to be the only one on the rise now.

http://www.pollster.com/polls/ca/10-ca-sen-reppr.php

Cowlesy
06-07-2010, 01:48 PM
money talks.

RonPaulFanInGA
06-07-2010, 01:51 PM
I never was a big DeVore fan. Kind of glad that tomorrow marks the end of his candidacy.

Hope Dennis wins even though that primary is just for the honor of being slaughtered by Pelosi in November.

Kotin
06-07-2010, 02:00 PM
I kinda like campbell.. am I missing something about him?

libertybrewcity
06-07-2010, 02:22 PM
I kinda like campbell.. am I missing something about him?

campbell supports taking away gun rights for people on the no fly list.

libertybrewcity
06-07-2010, 02:26 PM
I never was a big DeVore fan. Kind of glad that tomorrow marks the end of his candidacy.

Hope Dennis wins even though that primary is just for the honor of being slaughtered by Pelosi in November.

I don't think he will get slaughtered. He definitely has a chance. A poll that came out about the race showed him at 22 percent, the highest in decades and he only had about 25% name recognition. I was making phone calls all weekend for the campaign and people seem very receptive of the message. Obviously, the hard part is getting to the dems but it should be easy playing the anti-bailout and anti-war card.

South Park Fan
06-07-2010, 05:17 PM
It looks like DeVore has a legitimate shot at second place, although it would take a miracle to beat Fiorina.

Kotin
06-07-2010, 05:23 PM
campbell supports taking away gun rights for people on the no fly list.

Wow.. Even that awful woman in the lead does not support that..

Devore seems a bit theocratic or Zionist though.. Kinda a dealbreaker.. Am I wrong?

libertybrewcity
06-07-2010, 05:50 PM

Devore seems a bit theocratic or Zionist though.. Kinda a dealbreaker.. Am I wrong?

not really sure. i guess i haven't been paying that much attention to the senate race. i assumed devore would be pushed to the sidelines and fiorina would win. I am sure de vore has some negatives characteristics however he would be much better then either of the two front runners..

furface
06-07-2010, 07:09 PM

Dennis can raise a few eyebrows by coming close to Pelosi. If he successfully paints her as a war monger, which she is, I think he can do it. People need to give him money, though. CA is a VERY expensive media market. The reason Fiorina is doing so well is because of TV ads.

South Park Fan
06-07-2010, 08:10 PM
Just for historical perspective, Justin Raimondo only got 15% in that district in 1996.

libertybrewcity
06-07-2010, 09:35 PM
Dennis can raise a few eyebrows by coming close to Pelosi. If he successfully paints her as a war monger, which she is, I think he can do it. People need to give him money, though. CA is a VERY expensive media market. The reason Fiorina is doing so well is because of TV ads.

san fran especially is very very expensive, you are right. however, it is a very very small area, only about 7 square miles which makes it very easy to reach a large number of people in a short period of time.

libertybrewcity
06-07-2010, 09:36 PM
Just for historical perspective, Justin Raimondo only got 15% in that district in 1996.

dennis was polling at 22 percent with only 25 percent name recognition in san francisco. people are mad at pelosi and if they aren't they will soon. dennis can win this if we get to the independents which are very abundant in sf.

Pauls' Revere
06-07-2010, 10:13 PM
money talks.

Yep, I think Meg Whitman has spent $300 million of her own money. How many people have that to compete in a campaign? I'm sure there are people in this forum who are better ideologically than she is, if only they had $300 million...

Fiorina is no better...same ol'

libertybrewcity
06-07-2010, 11:38 PM
Yep, I think Meg Whitman has spent $300 million of her own money. How many people have that to compete in a campaign? I'm sure there are people in this forum who are better ideologically than she is, if only they had $300 million...

Fiorina is no better...same ol'

they both have spent a lot of money. i know candidates have in the past but we'll see if this can work often with whitman, fiorina, mcmahon and probably a few others that will win their primaries. as someone mentioned above money talks but can it buy enough votes in liberal states to win an election.

libertybrewcity
06-08-2010, 01:56 AM

you are definitely correct about the zionist thing..he was endorsed by rove and some jewish organization.