PDA

View Full Version : Soldier Arrested in WIKILEAKS probe

ronpaulhawaii
06-07-2010, 08:39 AM

Manning was turned in late last month by a former computer hacker with whom he spoke online. In the course of their chats, Manning took credit for leaking a headline-making video of a helicopter attack that Wikileaks posted online in April. The video showed a deadly 2007 U.S. helicopter air strike in Baghdad that claimed the lives of several innocent civilians.

He said he also leaked three other items to Wikileaks: a separate video showing the notorious 2009 Garani air strike in Afghanistan that Wikileaks has previously acknowledged is in its possession; a classified Army document evaluating Wikileaks as a security threat, which the site posted in March; and a previously unreported breach consisting of 260,000 classified U.S. diplomatic cables that Manning described as exposing “almost criminal political back dealings.”

“Hillary Clinton, and several thousand diplomats around the world are going to have a heart attack when they wake up one morning, and find an entire repository of classified foreign policy is available, in searchable format, to the public,” Manning wrote.

Read More http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2010/06/leak/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+wired%2Findex+%28Wired%3A+Ind ex+3+%28Top+Stories+2%29%29#ixzz0qB6x1kdh

t0rnado
06-07-2010, 09:05 AM
I never thought I'd have a modicum of respect for a soldier, but this man is a true hero.

tangent4ronpaul
06-07-2010, 09:20 AM
The access is wrong. I do not believe it.

Think he was trying to gain some creds from others work - and more than one.

Notice a total lack of proof - of original material to earn his stripes.

If I'm wrong - this is sure going to be interesting....

-t

t0rnado
06-07-2010, 09:41 AM
The access is wrong. I do not believe it.

Think he was trying to gain some creds from others work - and more than one.

Notice a total lack of proof - of original material to earn his stripes.

If I'm wrong - this is sure going to be interesting....

-t

If those 260,000 diplomatic cables ever get released we'll know that it was him for sure.

roho76
06-07-2010, 09:49 AM
What is a "diplomatic cable"?

tangent4ronpaul
06-07-2010, 09:51 AM
If those 260,000 diplomatic cables ever get released we'll know that it was him for sure.

If he had access to them. I was keyed off more on the report of the investigation. Like you would provide such a document to someone under investigation as they had access to the material in question.... RIGHT!

OK!, OK! - I keep forgetting that out gvmt is totally incompetent, but I would hope not THAT incompetent!

-t

tangent4ronpaul
06-07-2010, 09:53 AM
What is a "diplomatic cable"?

An encrypted and briefly worded communication between an embassy and the state dept (or other agency). In the case of the USA - between a foreign embassy and their equiv of a state dept in the case of other countries.

HOLLYWOOD
06-07-2010, 10:02 AM
Manning was arrested weeks ago... and sits in jail in Kuwait.

If anything... that all the internal affairs departs and false flag departments that befriend to findout what government personnel will disclose in material. Basicaly like undercover cops playing "JOHNS" to catch HOOKERS or vice versa.

The US Federal Government and Military make it clear make you sign the lines/docs with Secret/Top Secret and above clearances that if you disclose anything, they arrest you and ensure to see to it, that you spend the rest of your life miserable in prison, no matter how illegal or destructive the information may contain.

Yeah, nothing like disclosing videos of the US government murdering innocent woman and children, eh? No one is above the Propaganda Machine and Government Jingoism. Oh, it may effect government funding and their gravy train livelihood and we can't ever allow that.

Fast Ass Hillary Clinton is your Secretary of the Banana Republic, pathetic POS

RM918
06-07-2010, 10:05 AM
“Hillary Clinton, and several thousand diplomats around the world are going to have a heart attack when they wake up one morning, and find an entire repository of classified foreign policy is available, in searchable format, to the public,” Manning wrote.

Please let this happen as soon as possible.

roho76
06-07-2010, 10:09 AM
An encrypted and briefly worded communication between an embassy and the state dept (or other agency). In the case of the USA - between a foreign embassy and their equiv of a state dept in the case of other countries.

Thank you tangent. I kinda figured as much but through some searches all I read was discussions of cables not really what they are exactly.

I hope these get released. I love it when these people get a slap in the face. We will see war on the internet soon in the form of poorly worded legislation, misinformation, and cyber attacks being blamed on foreign nations in order to pass said legislation. While this already happens prepare for it to be ramped up. The internet is going to be locked down and bloggers will be silenced.

RM918
06-07-2010, 10:30 AM
Apparently the guy that turned him in was an ex-hacker who did it because he felt leaking the diplomatic cables was 'a real threat to national security'. State propaganda is still paying dividends.

t0rnado
06-07-2010, 11:20 AM
Apparently the guy that turned him in was an ex-hacker who did it because he felt leaking the diplomatic cables was 'a real threat to national security'. State propaganda is still paying dividends.

Adrian Lamo is an attention whore. He "hacked" into the New York Times and left his name in one of their entries or something along those lines. He probably turned Manning in just so that he could garner more media attention towards himself.

HOLLYWOOD
06-07-2010, 11:39 AM

That's a joke... Hackers are the biggest anarchists ;) and anti copyright/corporatists/Imperial American Empire

Don't believe the BS the "State Department" releases to the public in these "Disinformation Age" propaganda.

legion
06-07-2010, 04:52 PM
The reason the Embassy Cables are such a big deal is that each embassy is basically a front for a local spy ring. See the Valerie Plame case. Next time you see a US embassy look at the top of the building. It will be lined with antenna used to conduct electronic surveillance of its host country.

Anyways, I wouldn't be surprised if people end up dead because of this. It would expose this whole game to the general public if published.

Poor kid, there's no telling what will happen to him. Of course, he did the wrong thing and picked the wrong the wrong target.

legion
06-07-2010, 04:56 PM
That's a joke... Hackers are the biggest anarchists ;) and anti copyright/corporatists/Imperial American Empire

Don't believe the BS the "State Department" releases to the public in these "Disinformation Age" propaganda.

Are you kidding? Most hackers in the US just wants to get tapped by the US government for a high paid job where they aren't expected to do anything except some BS with a computer. They're all in it for themselves.

See "Project China"

Vessol
06-08-2010, 05:59 PM
This man is a hero.

Korey Kaczynski
06-08-2010, 10:45 PM
Are you kidding? Most hackers in the US just wants to get tapped by the US government for a high paid job where they aren't expected to do anything except some BS with a computer. They're all in it for themselves.

See "Project China"

You watched too many movies.