PDA

View Full Version : Wow! The Campaign for Liberty has 450,000 Members

bobbyw24
06-07-2010, 04:23 AM
http://paracom.paramountcommunication.com/cimages/9712f553eeb54df4c700abc96d8f0cb4/logo.jpg

June 5, 2010

Dear Friend in Liberty,

In July 2009, I wrote to you that our organization had grown to nearly 200,000 members from the U.S. and all over the world. Since then, through our various efforts, we have more than doubled our membership and have now surpassed 450,000 members. This is quite extraordinary growth for an organization in less than two years!

Along with this exciting news, I wanted to let you know about just a few of the victories our State groups have played key roles in obtaining.

New Jersey: NJC4L has experienced tremendous growth over the past several months. Daniel Krause, Interim State Co-Coordinator, reports that, “Since December of 2009 till now, our chapter has grown and flowered, with 7 of our 13 regions and 13 of our 21 Counties all proudly organized by our brave, passionate, and wonderfully talented Coordinators.”

Dedicated activists have joined together to spread the liberty message throughout the state. In light of recent events in N.J., David also notes that “we have an opportunity to push our home further away from the Corzine-Obama mentality of State Solutions and in to the light of people helping people not through the anonymous face of Government, but in a direct, real and human way because they decide that they want to help, not because they were told to.”

New Hampshire: Our N.H. members joined forces with other freedom activists to aid in the passage of the first full repeal of knife laws on law-abiding citizens in any state. The legislation, introduced by Representative Jennifer Coffey, a C4L member, passed by a unanimous voice vote in the N.H. Senate and was signed into law by the Governor.

Florida: FLC4L members kicked their lobbying efforts into overdrive this year and ensured the passage of the Health Care Freedom Act through the state legislature. Thanks to their efforts, in November, Floridians will have the opportunity to “vote for an amendment to the State Constitution prohibiting the government from interfering with an individual's personal health care decisions,” according to State Coordinator Mark Cross.

They are also planning “Liberty Summit 2.0” for this August 13-15 in Orlando, FL. If you’re in the Southeastern U.S., mark your calendars now to attend this event. Last year, they hosted a wildly successful event, modeled after the C4L Regional Conferences, that had over 1,500 people in attendance.

Illinois: The state organization has done terrific work to make Illinois C4L an efficient vehicle for change. State Coordinator Heather Danielowski has overseen the creation of several committees to assist in their organization, including a Literature Committee and Editorial/Media Outreach, in addition to picking a legislative liaison and a web assistant. “These committees will allow the grassroots to take ownership of their Campaign for Liberty. Interest is growing in each different committee, and they enable our members to contribute their unique talents in the area where their strengths lie,” says Heather.

Washington State: WAC4L worked hard to obtain the support of the Washington State Republican Party for a resolution urging the passage of Audit the Fed. The resolution has been accepted by the WSRP State Central Committee, and it’s likely that the resolution will pass at next week’s WSRP state convention by the delegates.

In addition, WAC4L has held three non-partisan candidate forums and is looking forward to holding its first congressional, as well as a senatorial, forum, where all candidates are invited and are held accountable for their stands on liberty with tough questions that aren’t asked elsewhere. State Coordinator Katja Delavar also reports that, “Washington Campaign for Liberty has hosted three State Convention Briefing and Suggested Actions Webinars, and by popular demand, we will have three more this weekend.” She is inviting any coordinators from other states to come on and benefit from this training.

Iowa: Last but certainly not least, Iowa C4L played host to our latest Regional Conference on May 14-16 in Des Moines. The event received attention from the Des Moines Register and other local media, and folks in attendance heard several great speeches throughout the weekend from Congressman Paul, Jan Mickelson, Tom Woods, Bob Murphy, Bruce Fein, Doug Bandow, Dan McCarthy, Kirk Shelley, and Donna Holt.

Earlier in May, I had the pleasure of announcing that our three Iowa state coordinators, Drew Ivers, David Fischer, and A.J. Spiker, were all elected to the Iowa Republican Party’s State Central Committee. Campaign for Liberty District Coordinator Jeremiah Johnson was also elected to the Committee.

There is so much more going on around the country that I simply do not have space to write about it all! Our members are working together to effectively take back their states and our nation one neighborhood at a time.

The wide variety of our members’ talents and abilities is continuously on display through actions such as giving speeches at tea party events or writing op-eds to the local newspapers.

All across the country, members have been raising awareness about the issues that are important to them. Whether it is protesting red light cameras, fighting Dangerous ID, sponsoring activist training schools, or intensely lobbying Congress for Audit the Fed, your efforts are making a difference, and the political establishment is taking notice!

For more stories, be sure to visit the Recent Member Posts section at CampaignForLiberty.com.

If you have a state or local success story you would like to share with us in the future, send them to StateStories@CampaignForLiberty.com.

In the past year, C4L has made an enormous impact on the political discourse in this country, and we owe our success to members like you.

But for all of the ground we’ve gained, there’s still a long way to go, and the statists will fight us as hard as they can every step of the way.

If you are not yet active in your local Campaign for Liberty, get in touch with your state coordinator by visiting the State page on our website. And be sure to invite your family, friends, and neighbors to join us if they haven’t already.

Thank you for continuing to ensure the torch of liberty burns bright. Let’s keep this momentum going!

For Liberty,

John Tate

President

LibertyMage
06-09-2010, 12:09 PM
We have a lot of people working really hard in many places.

libertybrewcity
06-09-2010, 11:01 PM
wow. this sounds amazing! i am very happy to hear that the C4L is doing so much. how is this not begin discussed more?

I have to be honest I don't visit this subforum very often but I am going to! I thought the C4L became defunct. In action!

sailingaway
06-09-2010, 11:33 PM
Very cool! I saw '350,000' members in a press write up a month ago and I was impressed with THAT!

Go, us!

dr. hfn
06-09-2010, 11:45 PM
wish they would get a new website and help some of our candidates....

libertybrewcity
06-10-2010, 01:04 AM
wish they would get a new website and help some of our candidates....

same, they could at least express their support for our candidates. although maybe they aren't trying to be a centralized organization. maybe they want the state orgs and especially local ones to grow and take the lead. just a guess.

i also wish ron would say something about the organization. maybe give us an update or something.