PDA

View Full Version : NC Appleseed coming up on June 26 and 27.

GunnyFreedom
06-06-2010, 07:16 PM
Appleseed coming up in Ramseur, NC on June 26 and 27. Anybody up for a liberty gathering on the range? :D

BuddyRey
06-07-2010, 02:36 AM
Hey Glenn, could you give us a bit more detail on what this event is? It sounds like a blast, but I'd love to hear some more about it!

Southron
06-07-2010, 10:00 AM
I wish I could be home that weekend.

Ramseur is like 20 minutes from my house and 5 from my church.

rancher89
06-07-2010, 01:25 PM
We might make it Gunny....

Koz
06-07-2010, 07:55 PM
Hey Glenn, could you give us a bit more detail on what this event is? It sounds like a blast, but I'd love to hear some more about it!

I'd love to hear that too, I am thinking about going to one in Ohio.

GunnyFreedom
06-07-2010, 08:23 PM

I'd love to hear that too, I am thinking about going to one in Ohio.

An Appleseed shoot is basically an instructional weekend on American history and rifle marksmanship. I believe the fee for both days is something like $70 (it's less for the single day) and that really just covers the instructor's gas. They teach for free.

Your rifle gets a real workout spilling anywhere between 400 and 1200 rounds on the weekend. They teach marksmanship slightly different than I do -- but only slightly.

Their goal is for any American who wants to learn, they can come through an Appleseed and come out able to reliably hit targets out to 400-500 yards.

Those who break Army Expert qualification standards (4MOA) get the coveted "RIFLEMAN" patch. The instructors also go into detail about what happened on April 19th 1775.

The one in Ramseur has basic camping facilities, and staying overnight around the campfire is encouraged.

It is more than worth it.

GunnyFreedom
06-07-2010, 08:25 PM
http://appleseedinfo.org/

(Sorry about the audio, not my site lol)

aclove
06-07-2010, 09:23 PM
It's also worth noting that the Appleseed Project has an informal relationship with the NC Campaign for Liberty to help cross-promote C4L at Appleseed events, particularly Glen's NC Firearms Freedom Act. At my first Appleseed shoot, I was only there for about 15 minutes before I ran into a guy I'd never met in 3 years of working in the NC Liberty Movement sporting a Mises Institute wristband. Good, good people, no doubt about it.

GunnyFreedom
06-07-2010, 10:46 PM
Even if you can't go, please spread this around. I would really really like to get a big knot of our people around an Appleseed campfire....

GunnyFreedom
06-07-2010, 10:47 PM
I also want to look at having the campaign sponsor a sort-of Appleseed within my District. Anybody up for helping me locate a 500yd range in my district? :p

devil21
06-08-2010, 12:57 AM
Even if you can't go, please spread this around. I would really really like to get a big knot of our people around an Appleseed campfire....

I was going to pass on this one (prefer cooler temps later in the year) but I might make an exception if we really can get a turnout of NC RPF members there.

Can anybody in this thread confirm they will attend this Appleseed?

rancher89
06-08-2010, 08:43 AM
My husband and I will be there. Most of y'all know who I am. If you don't, pm me.

We will bring the enclosed trailer and will run the AC to keep the dogs comfortable, boxers don't deal with heat (or cold) very well, and yes, they are spoiled.

There's plenty of room in the trailer, We'll bring the air bed and our army cots for those who wish to use them.

I would like to see my fellow liberty lovers at a gathering that is NOT politically centric. Let's have some fun for a change.

We might even want to put together some "pot luck" dinners by the fire....I've been known to make a mean jambalaya over a campfire....I'd need to know how many will be there and y'all can bring a little something to throw into the mix---I'll bring the basics, a huge pan, cajun sausage, rice, seasonings and the water; what can you bring?