PDA

View Full Version : What if Rush Limbaugh runs for president next?

robskicks
06-06-2010, 12:12 AM
It could happen.

He'll be all like "I'm running for president."

Vessol
06-06-2010, 12:19 AM
http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/news/weather/hurricane/blog/rush.jpg

squarepusher
06-06-2010, 12:31 AM
no, he is an entertainer, not a politician, he probably has too many sound bites that could be used to eliminate him

JCF
06-06-2010, 12:34 AM
Why would he? He's probably under contract anyway... As far as running for public office; out of all the necon talk guys I think Mark Levin is the only one who could hold his own, even though his whole show is dedicated to name calling I think he's one of the more intelligent ones.

robskicks
06-06-2010, 12:43 AM
Why? He could be the only one that could beat Ron Paul.

No one has as much control on the mass as he.

JCF
06-06-2010, 12:52 AM
Why? He could be the only one that could beat Ron Paul.

No one has as much control on the mass as he.

Well, I'd say at least 1/3 audience wouldn't vote for him. Not only that but he's damaged goods, you'd have a better chance running Jeb Bush. And plenty could beat RP.

BlackTerrel
06-06-2010, 12:54 AM
Rush Limbaugh has 20 million fans but he also has even more people that hate him.

He was almost universally condemned when he tried to buy an NFL team and the league wouldn't allow him to do it.

sevin
06-06-2010, 12:55 AM
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

sevin
06-06-2010, 12:55 AM
ha

IPSecure
06-06-2010, 01:05 AM
His strategy for conservatives during the last primary was to support Hillary.

Maybe he ought to untie the other half of his brain...

catdd
06-06-2010, 09:14 AM
The media would tear him to shreds.

Cowlesy
06-06-2010, 10:08 AM
He'd be too scared to lose, so he'd never run for elected office.

South Park Fan
06-06-2010, 10:30 AM
I doubt he'd want the pay cut.

KCIndy
06-06-2010, 10:42 AM
Rush Limbaugh has 20 million fans but he also has even more people that hate him.

He was almost universally condemned when he tried to buy an NFL team and the league wouldn't allow him to do it.

This^^^

Limbaugh's fans are certainly True Believers, but beyond that first 20 million or so, he would have a very, very hard time gaining any traction, especially among the third of the population who are moderates. Frankly, I doubt if he would ever be able climb above 15% in the polls.

DrillHereEnvironmentalist
06-06-2010, 10:59 AM
I doubt he'd want the pay cut.

There is no doubt whatsoever. I am an occasional listener, a lot of callers ask him to run, or mention the possibility. His reply is always "NO, thats too much of a pay cut"

P.S. Southpark Fan... I refer to many South Park episodes as "Documentary Films"... my avatar is a Kenny Halloween prop.

akforme
06-06-2010, 11:00 AM
I remember one of my neocon friends telling me he thought Bill O' would make a great president.

Cowlesy
06-06-2010, 11:07 AM
I remember one of my neocon friends telling me he thought Bill O' would make a great president.

It'd sure contribute to an increase in the suicide rate nationwide.

DrillHereEnvironmentalist
06-06-2010, 11:17 AM
I would love for a Conservative Talk person to run on a strictly sideshow / distraction basis. Many 'progressives' are extremely hateful & bigoted. A talk personality would help expose this aspect of the movement.

Dr. Walter Williams would be perfect. Janine Garafalo would drop the "Uncle Tom with Stockholm Syndrome" racial slur faster than a grand dragon can drop the "n bomb".

This is not to say that Rush, Hannity, Beck etc would get a single vote.... BUT.... the favorite of hateful, bigoted 'progressives' might not be getting quite as many votes.

FreeTraveler
06-06-2010, 11:32 AM
What sevin said. In spades. With nuts and chocolate sauce.

Just what we need, Bush the Third.

invisible
06-06-2010, 01:28 PM
He'd never make it past the primaries, he got all his supporters to register as democrats.

Flash
06-06-2010, 01:33 PM
Why would he? He's probably under contract anyway... As far as running for public office; out of all the necon talk guys I think Mark Levin is the only one who could hold his own, even though his whole show is dedicated to name calling I think he's one of the more intelligent ones.

Michael Savage continually hints at running for President. He would have no chance to win but it would be worth it to see him up there in the debates.

libertybrewcity
06-06-2010, 03:52 PM
he would lose because almost everyone hates him. he is an entertainer, not a politician.

South Park Fan
06-06-2010, 05:14 PM
He'd never make it past the primaries, he got all his supporters to register as democrats.

That sets Limbaugh up for an even more hilarious move: challenging Barack Obama in the 2012 Democratic primary. :p