PDA

View Full Version : Scott Taylor For US Congress?

Flash
06-05-2010, 07:32 PM
From Eric Dondero:

The Tidewater Libertarian Party in Virginia has decided to exert itself into the Republican primary for US Congress District 2 (eastern shore). While they are not making an explicit endorsement, they are doing the next best thing; requesting answers from all the contenders on controversial issues and publishing them on their website in detail.

The primary will be held June 8. It is a tight race for the nomination. The current Rep. is Gerald Nye, a Democrat, who is considered very vulnerable.

So far, three candidates have responded to the Libertarian Party call. All three gave very libertarian responses to just about all the questions. In fact, they're virtually indistinguishable, except for the style of their responses, and their emphasis.

Of the 10 questions, there was only one area where differences emerged; allowing states to decide on drug legalization.

Ben Loyola, who is considered to be the frontrunner in the race, stated:

I oppose efforts to legalize drugs, and feel there is a federal interest in interdiction of drug trafficking.
In fairness, on all other questions Loyola took a libertarian stance. This included a question on a national i.d. He would oppose such a plan.

The 2nd candidate Bert Misusawa answered "Yes" he would support allowing states to decide on legalization. But he added, "first we must define victimless," crime.

To Question 6, Should the federal government defer all law regarding victimless crime, including drug use to the states...?

Scott Taylor simply answered "Yes."

Taylor answered purely libertarian on all other questions, including: 2nd Amendment, eminent domain, blocking the EPA from imposing CO2 emissions, privatizing Social Security and Medicare, No on any and all bailouts, and No on national i.d.

Pro-Defense libertarians will be most pleased with his answer on the use of Military force overseas. Taylor responded:
I do not believe in nation building. However, if meddling consists of matters that have to do with national defense I support it.
Taylor is a retired Navy Seal. He is a combat Vet having served in Operation Iraqi Freedom.

http://www.libertarianrepublican.net/2010/06/and-winner-is-scott-taylor-for-us.html

Anyone familiar with this guy?

0zzy
06-05-2010, 07:47 PM
I'm familiar with Eric Dondero.

Former ex-staff of Ron Paul who despised him during the presidential elections because Ron Paul wasn't touting Dondero's perceived neocon foreign policy agenda.

malkusm
06-05-2010, 07:50 PM

Former ex-staff of Ron Paul who despised him during the presidential elections because Ron Paul wasn't touting Dondero's perceived neocon foreign policy agenda.

This.

Scott Taylor might be a legitimate, principled candidate....but I don't trust Dondero to tell me one way or the other.

Flash
06-06-2010, 12:42 PM

Oh I know all about Eric Dondero. But he still promotes people like Rand Paul on his blog so I'm wondering about this Scott Taylor guy. From what I've seen so far he seems fairly libertarian.

Keith and stuff
06-11-2013, 08:13 PM
I saw this on Facebook. It was posted by a Ron Paul supporter that lives in VA. If this is true, it's likely good news. She was happy about the news.

Results are in:
Jeremy Waters : 663 votes 21.8%
Gary Byler: 1080 votes 34.34%
Scott Taylor: 1402 votes 44.58%