PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul, Big Oil and lies at the Young Turks site

reardenstone
06-05-2010, 02:15 PM
Someone please shut this down if you have a Young Turks account...

I truly would disagree with Rand if he is standing up for BP since BP is neither American not free market. Pure imperilaist corporatist oil through and through.

http://www.theyoungturks.com/story/2010/5/21/142451/728/Diary/Rand-Paul-Says-Obama-s-Criticism-Of-BP-is-Un-American

Oil was a product of statism. Oil was subsidized by everyone's love affair with state control of the economy. Oil was made big through imperialism

Start with the Anglo-Persian Oil Company then move forward to Operation Ajax and on to now.
Why does it take so many words to convince others that BP was never "free market" and it was always corporatist? What efforts will it take to understand that prosecuting violations to shared environments are consistent with Libertarian philosophy? Anyone who claims that BP is free markets and that libertarians are for destruction of the environment do not not know real 19th-21st century libertarian philosophy and has never read all its contributors.

Who really owns the oceans anyway? If BP owned their own contained pool of water they could do with it as they like so long as it never infringed upon another persons freedom. The ocean is something the entire gulf residents share, you know to like fish and fish for commerce or to enjoy and ensure our environment runs naturally with the natural circle of food chain actions and climate actions...

Why is this so hard?

We also need to correct Rand Paul if he really is calling Obama unpatriotic for criticizing BP. True libertarians which Ron (the father) Paul is, but Rand Paul is not, all understand that BP was a corporatist imperialist protected operation.

It was never free market and is exempt from being a critique of the free market which does not even exist anyway. Yard sales... those are free markets.

specsaregood
06-05-2010, 02:24 PM
We also need to correct Rand Paul if he really is calling Obama unpatriotic for criticizing BP.

Rand did not say criticizing BP was unpatriotic. He said the rhetoric sounded "unamerican" and I agree. Since when is it "american" to talk about putting the bootheel down on an entities neck? That is not the image my america portrays. Also, since when is it "american" to lay blame without an investigation? Not in my america.

No, what Rand was saying, is the rhetoric coming from the whitehouse represents the finger-pointing sniveling bitch attitude that has become rampant in america, and not the work together to find a solution attitude that we used to have.

Golding
06-05-2010, 02:25 PM
I'm often surprised by the popularity of the Young Turks. It's not really like they're providing anything most other newz shows are providing. Disinformation and not-so-subtle bias.

Epic
06-05-2010, 02:29 PM
Rand was talking about the rhetoric (boot heel on the throat) not any of Obama's specific actions (there really hasn't been any).

Ron Paul even said not to criticize Obama - there's nothing really he can do.

BlackTerrel
06-05-2010, 04:02 PM
I'm often surprised by the popularity of the Young Turks. It's not really like they're providing anything most other newz shows are providing. Disinformation and not-so-subtle bias.

Are they really that popular?

Most of their YouTube videos have like 10-15 thousand views. Which is not a lot in the grand scheme of things.

I've always found them to be a bit annoying myself. Not just on this issue.