PDA

View Full Version : Obama loses the Left: suddenly, it's cool to bash Barack

Imaginos
06-05-2010, 10:19 AM
Obama loses the Left: suddenly, it's cool to bash Barack (from Telegraph) (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/barackobama/7805775/Obama-loses-the-Left-suddenly-its-cool-to-bash-Barack.html)

Vessol
06-05-2010, 10:29 AM
Expected of course, but interesting.

It's interesting to note how both Bush and now Obama pandered to their respective wing politics, yet only enough to keep them going "Well I don't really like this guy, but he is sure better then anyone on the opposite wing!"

sailingaway
06-05-2010, 10:45 AM
Interesting article.

Kludge
06-05-2010, 10:49 AM
I´m surprised the article didn´t mention Jon Stewart´s disapproval of Obama, who I´m becoming increasingly convinced is the most powerful voice in US politics.

specsaregood
06-05-2010, 10:52 AM
Please post links to articles that allow commenting and bash obama. I want to call the authors racist. Thanks in advance.

MsDoodahs
06-05-2010, 10:53 AM
Thanks for posting this, good piece.

Slutter McGee
06-05-2010, 11:08 AM
Please post links to articles that allow commenting and bash obama. I want to call the authors racist. Thanks in advance.

Just dry enough. Win.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

Aratus
06-05-2010, 12:18 PM
jon stewart and jack hunter hath a counterpoint? is power influence...?

Vessol
06-05-2010, 12:22 PM
O_o Cafferty is even talking about it.

YouTube - Has Obama Lost His Magic Touch? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIoPQLHYWyI)

I love the second comment talking about the left-right paradigm and one world government.

BlackTerrel
06-05-2010, 12:26 PM
Maybe. But I feel they're overstating a couple people who are criticizing a certain policy decision with actually abandoning him.

Where I live I still feel like he has 90% support. A generally diverse group of people in their 20's.

Imaginos
06-05-2010, 01:25 PM
YouTube - Has Obama Obama's Handlers Lost His Their Magic Touch?
Fixed.

silentshout
06-05-2010, 01:41 PM
Good article, i have noticed this also with some of my friends. However, during the primaries when i supported gravel (i was a democrat), i was pretty much laughed at at best and some people online were very hostile.

BlackTerrel
06-05-2010, 04:10 PM
Good article, i have noticed this also with some of my friends. However, during the primaries when i supported gravel (i was a democrat), i was pretty much laughed at at best and some people online were very hostile.

The people who are the most hostile online are the biggest panzies in real life. I wouldn't sweat it.

Bruno
06-05-2010, 04:14 PM
Maybe. But I feel they're overstating a couple people who are criticizing a certain policy decision with actually abandoning him.

Where I live I still feel like he has 90% support. A generally diverse group of people in their 20's.

90%? Yikes. I'd move away from there - too many delusional people.

charrob
06-05-2010, 05:10 PM
interesting article.

One slight disagreement however: the article says 10% who voted for him no longer support him. It also states the younger non-white voters are those that have changed their minds about him. i may be wrong, but disagree.

As someone from the left, I still hold many of the values the democrats held in the 60's and 70's (and which the repubs didn't hold during those years):

a) non-intervention
b) no torture
c) strong civil liberties values
d) no respect for the police state
e) a job environment that supported the 'little guy'
f) freedom from social-libertarian ideals (ie. freedom from others shoving their 'morals' and 'values' down others throats)
g) a strong kinship and respect for nature, the environment, and leaving a small footprint.

I think there are still people from my generation who used to be democrats and continue to have the same values the democrats used to have (and the republicans didn't have during those years), and voted for Obama assuming he would have those values.

And I think that 10% who no longer support Obama come from this older age-range, not the 'young non-white' voters referenced by the article.

catdd
06-05-2010, 06:36 PM
He's just breaking too many campaign promises that the lefties have been high on. The latest has the environmentalists spewing - http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/06/05/obama-backing-deal-lift-global-ban-commercial-whaling/

tangent4ronpaul
06-05-2010, 07:10 PM
interesting article.

One slight disagreement however: the article says 10% who voted for him no longer support him. It also states the younger non-white voters are those that have changed their minds about him. i may be wrong, but disagree.

As someone from the left, I still hold many of the values the democrats held in the 60's and 70's (and which the repubs didn't hold during those years):

a) non-intervention
b) no torture
c) strong civil liberties values
d) no respect for the police state
e) a job environment that supported the 'little guy'
f) freedom from social-libertarian ideals (ie. freedom from others shoving their 'morals' and 'values' down others throats)
g) a strong kinship and respect for nature, the environment, and leaving a small footprint.

I think there are still people from my generation who used to be democrats and continue to have the same values the democrats used to have (and the republicans didn't have during those years), and voted for Obama assuming he would have those values.

And I think that 10% who no longer support Obama come from this older age-range, not the 'young non-white' voters referenced by the article.

Polls show that around 10 per cent of those who voted for Obama in 2008 now disapprove of his performance and the heavy turnout of young people and black voters among the 69 million who back him will not be repeated again.

The Woodward and Burnstein talk looks like it make it C-SPAN's video archives. Toward the beginning of their Q&A they asked how many had voted for Obama, how many for McCain and how many that voted for obama don't approve of the hob he's doing. More ppl than I thought voted for McCain, and fewer than I thought voted for and don't approve of Obama. On that state college campus, it looked like he had lost less than 10% of his support.

-t

Roxi
06-05-2010, 07:17 PM
Well I know several people who voted for him because they actually believed he would legalize pot.... now they hate him, I would guess many of the early 20's voters who have turned against him might have done so for that reason, and the war issue.

sofia
06-05-2010, 07:52 PM
remember...the left is controlled. If they are attacking Barry, its only because the global planners want him to.

my guess is that Barry will be bashed until he agrees to deliver a war against Iran.

there is something very fishing about this sudden bashing from the left....it seems coordinated

Uriel999
06-05-2010, 07:56 PM
Most of my friends have come around and see Obama as teh suck