PDA

View Full Version : My Letter to CNBC

robatsu
10-13-2007, 12:34 AM
Ok, it is a little pissy & cocksure, but wtf:

Mr Harwood,

At some level, I believe you are a decent, fair minded person rather than the baby-eating cannibal other respondents assuredly accuse you of being.

But I think you are the one being unfair rather than the Ron Paul supporter, of which i am one, are. That is, you put out a poll, we send in results. Nowhere in the rules was there anything about you only wanted responses from those with a bovine complacency about their lives and their futures.

Your poll, with its overwhelming RP response, is a very accurate reflection of the sentiment of a dedicated core, sort of like letting the Viet Cong in on a poll on the the next South Vietnamese president. And we know who won that one.

Basically, you seem like a decent guy, and our votes should be weighted by our dedication, since that directly reflects the likelihood of one getting off one's tush and down to the polls on election day.

Your decision was misguided and indicates your rootedness in the outlook of an era that has past, despite the fact that you seem to be an all around good guy. Anyhow, get with the program, and don't deny democracy just because it doesn't agree with your preconceived notions.

P.S, I'm 100 % sure I'm more educated and make more money than you. So we are not all lunatics.

steph3n
10-13-2007, 12:36 AM
?? What is the reason for this, there is never a need to be rude and disrespectful, all you do is piss them off more and make them have less respect for Dr Paul as well.

Taco John
10-13-2007, 12:38 AM
Here's mine:

Subject: In Sincere Apology

Dear Allen,

I’m sure you’re getting plenty of emails attacking your character and judgment after your latest admission of tampering with the polls due to activism that favored Ron Paul. I apologize for my fellow Americans who have foolishly clung to the oddball notion that politics is a participatory process and that by getting active and supporting their candidate, they are exercising the democratic imperative. As we both know, real election-day polling doesn’t rely on the activism of a voting base. I, like everyone else, am required to hand over my voters’ registration card to Zogby and wait for my phone call.

As a Ron Paul supporter, it’s embarrassing to see my fellow Americans taking steps to organize themselves in order to make a good showing in these online polls for their candidate, when it’s clear that the voting bases of these other, more popular candidates are not willing to match the efforts with the same kind of activist enthusiasm. As the saying goes: the nail that sticks out gets hammered down. America is truly being serviced by your hammer.

In Sincere Apology,

(me)

robatsu
10-13-2007, 12:39 AM
?? What is the reason for this, there is never a need to be rude and disrespectful, all you do is piss them off more and make them have less respect for Dr Paul as well.

That is a fair criticism.

Sematary
10-13-2007, 12:40 AM
I read your latest response to we, the supporters of Ron Paul, and I would have thought (by now) that people would start getting the idea. "Scientific polls" measure support among those who
a.) Have land lines
b.) have voted Republican before
c.) have voted before

A majority of Ron Paul supporters are young and have only cell phones. That AUTOMATICALLY excludes them from the polls. A MAJORITY of Ron Paul supporters are NOT Republicans but Independents, Libertarians, Constitutionalists and (yes) Democrats, who are switching to Republican to vote for Ron Paul. The "scientific" polls don't reflect this either.
Ron Paul didn't get $5 mil from a bunch of internet junkies. He got it from freedom loving Americans who want constitutional, minimal, government and also, we want an end to the war. This is THE issue that is driving Democrats to his side and it MAY be the issue that tips the scales in his favor. Damn the POLLS - full speed ahead!

Bob Larkin

Mom4Ron
10-13-2007, 12:42 AM
Here's mine:

Dear Allen,

I’m sure you’re getting plenty of emails attacking your character and judgment after your latest admission of tampering with the polls due to activism that favored Ron Paul. I apologize for my fellow Americans who have foolishly clung to the oddball notion that politics is a participatory process and that by getting active and supporting their candidate, they are exercising the democratic imperative. As we both know, real election-day polling doesn’t rely on the activism of a voting base. I, like everyone else, am required to hand over my voters’ registration card to Zogby and wait for my phone call.

As a Ron Paul supporter, it’s embarrassing to see my fellow Americans taking steps to organize themselves in order to make a good showing in these online polls for their candidate, when it’s clear that the voting bases of these other, more popular candidates are not willing to match the efforts with the same kind of activist enthusiasm. As the saying goes: the nail that sticks out gets hammered down. America is truly being serviced by your hammer.

In Sincere Apology,

(me)

Pure poetry. :cool:

Taco John
10-13-2007, 12:45 AM
Pure poetry. :cool:

Thanks. I kind of have a dry, cutting wit and a way with words. Or like my wife says "you know where the buttons are, and you like to push them."

:D

Sematary
10-13-2007, 12:46 AM
Here's mine:

Dear Allen,

In Sincere Apology,

(me)

Beautiful.

steph3n
10-13-2007, 12:47 AM
Thanks. I kind of have a dry, cutting wit and a way with words. Or like my wife says "you know where the buttons are, and you like to push them."

TMI :)

robatsu
10-13-2007, 12:51 AM

And you're modest to boot! What a package. Anyhow, I liked the hammer angle. Good job!

Roxi
10-13-2007, 12:54 AM
i hope your joking, yes it makes u sound loony :D

robatsu
10-13-2007, 12:59 AM
i hope your joking, yes it makes u sound loony :D

Well, sorry about that. I guess sometimes one strikes out. But, as they say, he wasn't voting for us anyhow, although that may be a little flip.