PDA

View Full Version : Is it about damn time we set up a money bomb?

Distinguished Gentleman
06-04-2010, 09:48 PM
Yes, even the notoriously cheap, Distinguished Gentleman, with the cash flow of a tailor in a nudist colony, will be contributing.

The question is when. The primary is August 3rd. We need to get him money soon enough that he can spend it, but also be mindful of Rand's money bomb June 28th.

OR take the counter intuitive route and have a tag-a-long bomb the same day as Rand and hope that people will contribute while their wallets are still open.

Open to comments, suggestions, and angry exhortations.

brenden.b
06-05-2010, 09:36 AM
Let's do it, I don't care when, let's just get it done. I've already donated $30 to his campaign and I am willing to donate more.

I hope everyone will follow in my steps.

Dark Aerow
06-05-2010, 11:30 PM
I've donated $26 to his campaign so far, I live in MI-3 and will definitely be voting for him

...58 days until the primary.

Amash is much higher priority for me, he'll likely need the money for the last 20 or 30 days before the primary. So we should get a money bomb set up for sometime around 30 days before the primary on a thursday or friday when most people get their paychecks.

I Like July 1st, 2nd, 8th or 9th

That'll give us enough time to spread the word, and still get him the money in time for the last 25 to 33 days before the primary. July 4 might be ok, but many people are off doing things, especially since the 4th falls on the weekend this year. Also, sundays seem to be very slow days for web traffic, especially for all the "liberty" websites.

Also gotta have an idea to sell the money bomb...Something that highlights one or all of the following would be ideal...

1. Things that make it possible for him to win, this is the BIGGEST roadblock for most candidates, People will not donate money to a candidate that has a long and very difficult uphill battle. I think this should be the main selling point because Amash has a VERY good chance of winning the primary and the general with our help.

he is currently one of the top candiates, if not THE TOP CANDIDATE.
It's a strong republican district, if he wins the primary it should be an easy victory in the general.
He's got a huge number of fans on facebook.
He has a ton of tea party and grassroots support

2. Things that make him a unique candidate

His stance on government transparency...and all of his actions that prove he's not just pandering.
Use of facebook, youtube and twitter
Consistent Principled voting record, he DOES NOT pander to special interests.

3. He's a great public speaker

Off the top of my head...I came up with...

Cash for Amash

Lets see what else we can come up with before rushing off and promoting an idea though. the LAST THING WE NEED is 8 different ideas and sites being promoted at the same time. Lets brainstorm some ideas for the next few days and then put up some polls that include all the ideas/dates/etc. to see what jives the best with everyone. That way we can focus our efforts better.

[/brainstorm]

Hope this post isn't too scatterbrained. :p

brenden.b
06-06-2010, 10:19 PM
Early July sounds like excellent timing for a Amash money bomb. I'm no expert, but the earlier we get a money bomb, the better.

We need to hit as many Liberty networks with this money bomb. Amash is the real deal and he deserves all of our support.

Michigan11
06-06-2010, 10:36 PM
This guy has the ability to light a grassfire in not only this state but add to what is already going on around the country. He wins this primary August 3rd, he will take the seat and be another NO vote in congress with Ron Paul.

I liked Slutter McGee's post in the other thread calling him "Mr. No". Is that a way to promote I dono... but I like early July as a date too, gives us time to promote and get his name recognition up via networking.

BuddyRey
06-06-2010, 10:42 PM
You set up us the bomb?

Michigan11
06-06-2010, 11:14 PM
You set up us the bomb?

I'm not so technically inclined but will do everything I can to make it a success.

Mrocked, Jeremy, Gage, and many others here, sorry to leave out any names, are the true artists with putting these together:)....

brenden.b
06-06-2010, 11:17 PM
This guy has the ability to light a grassfire in not only this state but add to what is already going on around the country. He wins this primary August 3rd, he will take the seat and be another NO vote in congress with Ron Paul.

I liked Slutter McGee's post in the other thread calling him "Mr. No". Is that a way to promote I dono... but I like early July as a date too, gives us time to promote and get his name recognition up via networking.

I too am I a fan of going with the Mr. No mantra. Perhaps a cheesy tagline of "Help send Mr. No to help Dr. No in Congress"

Let's roll with it.

biles1234
06-07-2010, 05:36 AM
I too am I a fan of going with the Mr. No mantra. Perhaps a cheesy tagline of "Help send Mr. No to help Dr. No in Congress"

Let's roll with it.

I am definitely in for the money bomb. Great ideas everybody.

I wouldn't stick to the Dr. No theme though, personally. I've met Justin and although he certainly respects RP, he has a streak that differentiates him from other liberty candidates. Justin is essentially, Justin.

He may share Dr. Paul's conservative voting record, but Justin has gotten to this point by being unique, not by riding the coattails or completely co-oping the manta of anybody else. A great example of this is his interactions with constituents via Facebook and Twitter.

Living near Justin's district, which tends to be more conservative than libertarian, I believe that if Justin is associated with RP too closely, we may alienate many more voters than we would get on board. Most of the RP supporters in the area already love Justin. As much as I love Dr. Paul, I bet that it is probably a tough situation with his campaign, a two-headed sword. We need to respect that. Before we start calling him any names besides JUSTIN AMASH, let's get the man to Congress first and let him prove himself :)

RileyE104
06-07-2010, 11:15 AM
Early July sounds like excellent timing for a Amash money bomb. I'm no expert, but the earlier we get a money bomb, the better.

We need to hit as many Liberty networks with this money bomb. Amash is the real deal and he deserves all of our support.

July the 4th??

brenden.b
06-11-2010, 01:13 PM
So, do we have a date? Who wants to set up the site/money bomb? I'm not too tech savvy, but I will glady help spread the word once it is set up.

Dark Aerow
06-12-2010, 12:55 AM
So, do we have a date? Who wants to set up the site/money bomb? I'm not too tech savvy, but I will glady help spread the word once it is set up.

I have no experience setting up a website, I am however in the beginning stages of making a video to promote the money bomb.

We need someone capable of setting up a website, and we also may want to pick a theme, and also pick a date. Ideally this should all be done within the next week to allow a reasonable amount of time for people to hear about it.

July 8th has my vote. July 4 isn't bad, I just don't think it'll be as successful for reasons I stated in my last post. Of course, believe it or not...I have been wrong before. :P

brenden.b
06-12-2010, 07:37 AM
July 8th seems like the best date. Are there any souls in this forum willing to set up a website for this money bomb?

whibler
06-19-2010, 07:39 AM
July 2 is the day the Continental Congress voted for independence, before making it public on the 4th.

I'm currently shopping around for some hosting... Will give an update shortly

brenden.b
06-19-2010, 08:16 AM
July 2 is the day the Continental Congress voted for independence, before making it public on the 4th.

I'm currently shopping around for some hosting... Will give an update shortly

I like the timing, but would July 2nd be too early?

RonPaulFanInGA
06-19-2010, 09:33 AM
You set up us the bomb?

What you say?

Michigan11
06-19-2010, 07:39 PM
Who will tell us they will set up the moneybomb? who are you and what can we do for you?

Michigan11
06-20-2010, 11:10 PM
There has to be someone on this forum.. who would love to set up a site, I would vote for after the 4th, possibly the week or 2 after, enough promotion time is important, but I am confident the people in his home state are hungry along with others nationally to get this guy enough money to power past his closest opponent to give Dr. NO in congress another friendly vote.

Who?

Imperial
06-21-2010, 12:03 AM
July 8th, lets do it!

Nathan Hale
06-21-2010, 07:50 AM
July the 4th??

The 4th is never a good day, because even when its in the middle of the week people are usually traveling or otherwise occupied. On non-holidays people are more likely to think about stuff like money bombs.

brenden.b
06-22-2010, 09:12 AM
Okay, so do we have a willing individual to help set up this money bomb? It's getting down to crunch time. We need to get Amash as much support as we can! I would set it up if I could, but I don't have the knowledge or experience to do so.

Any takers?

Bergie Bergeron
06-22-2010, 10:57 AM
Just make a Facebook event and post it here. Make it similar to this: http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=128748177137893&ref=ts

brenden.b
06-22-2010, 10:59 AM
Just make a Facebook event and post it here. Make it similar to this: http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=128748177137893&ref=ts

I'm thinking that is what it is going to come down to...

Bergie Bergeron
06-22-2010, 11:04 AM
Screw the pledge website, no time for that.

biles1234
06-25-2010, 01:41 PM
Screw the pledge website, no time for that.

Agreed. I like July 8th.
Are there any takers for starting up a Facebook event and inviting all their friends? I can't at the moment unfortunately. Somebody please post the link on here and we'll make this go viral!

brenden.b
06-25-2010, 03:24 PM
I'll set up the Facebook moneybomb if you guys will just do the inviting. I'll post a link on here as soon as it is set up.

Any information I should include? I figured $20 would be a good suggested donation.

Let me know your thoughts!