PDA

View Full Version : Limbaugh Blows Off Ron Paul Question

Difster
10-12-2007, 11:52 PM
Just to let you know, Limbaugh took a call and basically stonewalled the caller when he brought up Ron Paul. Limbaugh needs to feel the heat here.

See the post on my blog (http://difster.blogspot.com).

hard@work
10-13-2007, 12:06 AM
Here:

http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul157.html

Spirit of '76
10-13-2007, 12:08 AM
Not saying anything is a lot better than saying bad things.

aksmith
10-13-2007, 12:21 AM
I never listen to Limbaugh unless my radio button gets stuck in the car. But I heard this today and if I ever see Limbaugh's fat face, he will have my fist buried in it. He is a loathsome piece of human offal, whose brain consists of two neurons held together by a spirochete.

When I hear the bilge that comes out of his gaping maw, I only hope to be there to see him when President Paul is sworn in. I was so pissed off, I just set aside 500 more bucks to donate. Thanks, Rush, you sewer rat.

hard@work
10-13-2007, 12:27 AM
You know... I don't listen to any media pundit. But I tune all of them in. I just happen to be a lucky enough American to know that I need to think for myself. And some guy talking on the radio is probably not going to be as smart as I am if I read about the issues I care about. I'm not impressed by someone's desire to work in radio and bloviate for hours on end about stuff with the need to keep ratings up.

That said, Rush did say something once that I still laugh about as true today in regards to Olestra when there were concerns about "diahareea". He said it was an absurd concern. What? How could he?!? Clearly the news said the studies said it could be bad for you, low vitamin intake and a lot of pooping. But then he said it. The magical phrase that I will never forget and will always lend begrudging respect from myself to "Pills" Limbaugh.

"Diahareea? C'mon people, have you ever heard of 'Mexican Food'".

Difster
10-13-2007, 01:06 AM
Not saying anything is a lot better than saying bad things.

I disagree Spirit. At least if he said bad things (I would have expected him to bash his Iraq stance) there'd be something to throw back at him.

Now it's up to us, to put the heat on Limbaugh and try to force him to come out and say something more about Dr. Paul. I'd love to see an interview. Not likely to happen.

The main stream media (which I consider Limbaugh part of) will not be able to ignore Paul much longer. It's gonna get fun!

OptionsTrader
10-13-2007, 01:38 AM
You will never have the Limbaughs, Oreillys, and Hannitys support Ron Paul without at the very least mocking him and marginalizing him. Never.

I hold these bastards in the media and propagandists like them MORE accountable for the war propaganda than the administration.

http://i24.tinypic.com/16lml1x.jpg

erowe1
10-13-2007, 07:16 AM
This issue was already discussed on another thread by people who actually heard it live rather than people who found out about it by the item that was on Lew Rockwell:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=24650

Bottom line, every decent, polite Ron Paul that makes it onto Rush's show is a good thing for the cause. That guy's hour on hold has probably more pay off for the campaign than any other hour he has spent or will spend doing anything else. Rush's audience is exactly the segment of the GOP that we need to reach. Rush has been preaching a message that is 90% identical to Paul's for a long time, and with all the opportunities he has had to trash Paul, he has never done it. Limbaugh is one of the best friends that we who believe in limited government have. Limbaugh is nothing like Hannity and O'Reilly.

erowe1
10-13-2007, 07:20 AM
Now it's up to us, to put the heat on Limbaugh and try to force him to come out and say something more about Dr. Paul. I'd love to see an interview. Not likely to happen.

This is exactly what NOT to do. Do continue to call in to Rush on Open Line Friday. Do be persistent. Do be polite, relevant, and intelligent. Do not "put the heat on him" and try to beat him into submission. My guess is that Rush has already probably gotten more stupid emails than he cares to read from Ron Paul supporters insisting that he talk more about him. So when he got that kids call, he wasn't naturally predisposed to go for it.

Man from La Mancha
10-13-2007, 07:37 AM
You will never have the Limbaughs, Oreillys, and Hannitys support Ron Paul without at the very least mocking him and marginalizing him. Never.

I hold these bastards in the media and propagandists like them MORE accountable for the war propaganda than the administration.

LOL:D Nice

erowe1
10-13-2007, 07:41 AM
I think the next caller who makes it onto Rush's show should say something like:
"I just want to thank you for getting it when it comes to Ron Paul. The other big-name talk show hosts mock him because of his non-interventionist foreign policy, so much that they don't even consider him conservative, when he's really the most conservative candidate out there in the mold of William F. Buckley conservatism. And I've heard callers call in to your show and say that, and you've never treated those calls as opportunities to criticize Paul or to deny that he's the candidate who lines up most closely with the views you espouse on this show. Have you given any thought to officially endorsing him yet?"

Hook
10-13-2007, 08:08 AM

How dare you demean the agents like that! :D

Triton
10-13-2007, 08:48 AM
I never listen to Limbaugh unless my radio button gets stuck in the car. But I heard this today and if I ever see Limbaugh's fat face, he will have my fist buried in it. He is a loathsome piece of human offal, whose brain consists of two neurons held together by a spirochete.

When I hear the bilge that comes out of his gaping maw, I only hope to be there to see him when President Paul is sworn in. I was so pissed off, I just set aside 500 more bucks to donate. Thanks, Rush, you sewer rat.Such delicious vitriol.

JosephTheLibertarian
10-13-2007, 09:21 AM
I prefer to listen to liberal stations IF I listen to any radio at all... I rarely do ;)

aksmith
10-13-2007, 10:07 AM
I think the next caller who makes it onto Rush's show should say something like:
"I just want to thank you for getting it when it comes to Ron Paul. The other big-name talk show hosts mock him because of his non-interventionist foreign policy, so much that they don't even consider him conservative, when he's really the most conservative candidate out there in the mold of William F. Buckley conservatism. And I've heard callers call in to your show and say that, and you've never treated those calls as opportunities to criticize Paul or to deny that he's the candidate who lines up most closely with the views you espouse on this show. Have you given any thought to officially endorsing him yet?"

Have you ever called in to Rush's show? He has the most vicious screener in radio. They will likely never let anyone who tells them this is what they're going to say get on the air at all. In fact, the only reason they let that kid on yesterday was probably because they heard how nervous he was and knew he'd be easy to make look foolish. And even if you do get on, they'd cut you off after about five words. If you notice, the kid said he was nervous, then Rush cut him off, then went on that smarmy, hateful countdown. Rush says about 70 percent of what Paul says, not 90 percent, and in Rush World that makes Paul his enemy. Rush is 100 percent shtick. He doesn't really believe anything he says. Narcissus was the only person on earth who loved himself as much as Rush pretends to.

Seriously, it's time we label the "entertainers" what they are. Beck, Limbaugh, Hannity, O'Reilly and probably a bunch of other wannabes are just trained monkeys. They are to rational thought what tap dancing is to ballet. Anyone who listens to their garbage for anything other than ridiculing them isn't really listening to the nonsense they spew. It makes me physically ill to hear their voices or watch their mirror-rehearsed, stagey sincerity.

Now you did it. I'm so p o'd that I have to donate another 100 dollars. Some day, when my kids ask where their inheritance went, I'm going to make them sit in front of a Hannity/Limbaugh/Beck/O'Reilly marathon and let them figure out why I donated all of it to Ron Paul. When I max out, maybe i'll have my wife max out too. I hate all of you who are making me do this. But I hate you with a lot of love in my heart.

erowe1
10-13-2007, 10:29 AM
Yes, I have called his show. He has the right to regulate who gets on the air. That's what the call screener is for. If you want a radio show that doesn't do that, then become a successful radio host and do it yourself. You won't have 20 million listeners by letting nervous kids take up your air time umming and uhhing. I get so annoyed listening to all those lesser hosts out there who let people call in and waste their audience's time either reading off a script they wrote while they were on hold or babbling mindlessly. Rush is a master at controlling the way calls get worked into his program.

Rush is the best friend RP has in all the media. We need to continue to use that to our advantage the way the caller did on Friday.

Rush says about 70 percent of what Paul says, not 90 percent, and in Rush World that makes Paul his enemy. Rush is 100 percent shtick. t.

Nope, 90% is right. 70% is wrong.
And Rush never demands 100%. He always chastises people who reject a candidate for a single issue. In the case of RP there is only one issue where they differ (the War), whereas that is the only issue where any of the other candidates agree with Rush. Based on ideas, RP is by far the closest candidate out there to Rush's political persuasion.