PDA

View Full Version : Bush third term

itshappening
06-04-2010, 04:48 AM
it amazes me how the neocon talking heads are so anti-Obama when he has continued Bush's path, ongoing wars, passing a healthcare bill, passing stimulus bills, authorizing the Patriot act, indefinite detention, deficit spending and so on...

what exactly is their problem? If Obama's name was Bush they would be praising him and railing against his enemies in Mainstream media.

On the flip side, the liberals totally love Obama and his Bushite policies, they have also seemed to have embraced a new policy not even Bush tried but which is a logical extension of his presidency: killing random people overseas with drones and assassinating US citizens.

We live in interesting times

nayjevin
06-04-2010, 04:55 AM
The 'right' media sounded pretty much the same during Clinton as it does now. Just like the 'left' media is singing blind praises these days, the 'right' mouthpieces were silent during Bush.

Both sides focus on each other instead of the common enemy - big government. You just won't find objective, principled reporting among the finger-pointers of major media. It's sales, entertainment, and agenda more than reporting.

itshappening
06-04-2010, 05:15 AM
Makes me sick

thank god for the internet

turn off the tv

Imaginos
06-04-2010, 07:56 AM
There is no such thing as the two party system.
You are watching WWF smack down rerun.
;)

BlackOutBlues
06-04-2010, 07:59 AM
I'm so glad I found this place.

Slutter McGee
06-04-2010, 08:12 AM
Actually I think this trading off from Republican to Democrat every few years is even worse. We have a few years of Republicans destroying civil liberties and promoting a warfare state...followed by a few years of Democrats destroying economic liberties and promoting a welfare state. They are not one and the same as so many claim. The problem is that they do nothing remove the ristrictions, laws, and regulations of the previous administrations.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

Akus
06-04-2010, 08:53 AM
it amazes me how the neocon talking heads are so anti-Obama when he has continued Bush's path, ongoing wars, passing a healthcare bill, passing stimulus bills, authorizing the Patriot act, indefinite detention, deficit spending and so on...

what exactly is their problem? If Obama's name was Bush they would be praising him and railing against his enemies in Mainstream media.

On the flip side, the liberals totally love Obama and his Bushite policies, they have also seemed to have embraced a new policy not even Bush tried but which is a logical extension of his presidency: killing random people overseas with drones and assassinating US citizens.

We live in interesting times

That's because they want you to think that there is left and right in this country. Left, of course, hates American and can't wait its demise. Plus they're sexually loose and are constantly high on drugs.

Then there is Right. They go to church. They love America and display their American flag everywhere they can. They're chaste, moral, and just overall more decent group of folks then those bad evil Communist Left people.

But Obama being GWB is yet another piece of evidence why this simply isn't so.