PDA

View Full Version : Speaking at a tea party? You're fired!

lynnf
06-04-2010, 02:49 AM
so, so wrong. guess who should really be fired.

lynn

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=162041

'I shouldn't have to trade my constitutional rights for a paycheck'

When an assistant state attorney in Florida spoke at several tea-party rallies about her beliefs and the Constitution, her boss, a prominent Democrat, fired her – but now protesters are taking to the streets to get her job back.

Former Live Oak prosecutor KrisAnne Hall, was ousted May 24 by Democrat Robert "Skip" Jarvis, state attorney for the Third Judicial Circuit of Florida, after he said she refused to stop speaking at tea-party rallies, on the radio and to the Suwannee County Republican Executive Committee.

Elwar
06-04-2010, 07:30 AM
I think it's great that an employer is able to fire an employee for something that they feel is inappropriate.

Slutter McGee
06-04-2010, 08:03 AM
I think it's great that an employer is able to fire an employee for something that they feel is inappropriate.

My problem with this is that it is a state employee. Not an employee of a private organization. Perhaps he was scared that she might have political aspirations of some type (specifically after his job). If that really is the case, then firing her is appropriate. If, however, this is simply the result of anger at her political beliefs, then I do have a problem. There just is not enough info for me to make a decision either way.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

Brooklyn Red Leg
06-04-2010, 10:27 AM

Problem is that is currently illegal under the '64 CRA.