PDA

View Full Version : Bad News on the Horizons: Obama Promises Climate Bill Will Become Law

AuH20
06-03-2010, 09:40 PM
Yikes!

http://thehill.com/blogs/e2-wire/677-e2-wire/101035-obama-on-climate-bill-votes-i-intend-to-find-them-in-the-coming-months

“The votes may not be there right now, but I intend to find them in the coming months. I will make the case for a clean energy future wherever I can, and I will work with anyone from either party to get this done,” Obama plans to say in speech at Carnegie Mellon University in Pennsylvania Wednesday afternoon.

“But we will get this done. The next generation will not be held hostage to energy sources from the last century,” he plans to add, according to excerpts released by the White House.

legion
06-03-2010, 09:42 PM
Will utilities keep up capital spending if this law hits and demand drops 50%?

I thought all this stimulus money to utilities was so we would have a "smart grid?"

Original_Intent
06-03-2010, 09:55 PM
"But we will get this done. the next generation will not be held hostage to the debts of the last century - oh wait I apologize, I misspoke."

Cynanthrope
06-03-2010, 09:58 PM
And if Congress fails to pass it then he'll implement it through some unconstitutional backdoor plan of his.

AuH20
06-03-2010, 10:03 PM
Never waste a crisis.

Stary Hickory
06-03-2010, 10:06 PM
He will not find the votes because the climate bill is a delusional power trip. The Democrats are dying in the polls and elections are 5 months out. They will not touch this thing this close to elections. It will enrage the people even more, as no one in there right mind wants more taxes and higher energy bills.

The Health Care bill alone is going to be a driving force against Democrats for years to come until it is repealed. There is no way Obama will get a vote like this in the "coming months", it will be that much closer to election time. So unless some GOPers jump on board there is no way. I would not put it past some GOPers....but then again they too will not want to face the wrath of the voters....and this goes double for GOPers who are getting challenged in their primaries.

jclay2
06-03-2010, 10:15 PM
He will not find the votes because the climate bill is a delusional power trip. The Democrats are dying in the polls and elections are 5 months out. They will not touch this thing this close to elections. It will enrage the people even more, as no one in there right mind wants more taxes and higher energy bills.

The Health Care bill alone is going to be a driving force against Democrats for years to come until it is repealed. There is no way Obama will get a vote like this in the "coming months", it will be that much closer to election time. So unless some GOPers jump on board there is no way. I would not put it past some GOPers....but then again they too will not want to face the wrath of the voters....and this goes double for GOPers who are getting challenged in their primaries.

Bingo. No one is going to want to touch controversial legislation in this environment. Maybe after the elections, but by then, I expect the republicans will pick up some more seats making it more difficult to pass.

tangent4ronpaul
06-03-2010, 10:24 PM
Bingo. No one is going to want to touch controversial legislation in this environment. Maybe after the elections, but by then, I expect the republicans will pick up some more seats making it more difficult to pass.

The MSM will just forget to cover it They will be too busy reporting on the Iran war, that will conveniently kick off a month or so before the election.

-t

JCF
06-03-2010, 10:24 PM
What does he mean he intends to find them?

AuH20
06-03-2010, 10:27 PM
What does he mean he intends to find them?

Through blackmail, horsetrading and profit sharing.