PDA

View Full Version : census worker interaction

satchelmcqueen
06-03-2010, 08:15 PM
i didnt get the census papers in the mail so i noticed i had a note left on my gate that a census worker came by. i called the number on it to give them the number of people that lived here. i told her the number and stated that was all i was going to answer because i thought the rest was unconstitutional. she kindly agreed, but stressed that someone higher up will be giving me a call to get the other answers sometime soon. i told her they would be wasting their time and thanked her for taking my head count.

just posting this to show that the gov thinks they can threaten or bully things out of the people by training their census workers to say these things. this isnt the first time this has happened.

proud i still have my ron paul 2012 sign out front

t0rnado
06-03-2010, 08:29 PM
I wonder if they give those workers a list of things to look out for like Gadsden flags and RP signs.

Danke
06-03-2010, 10:48 PM
i called the number on it to give them the number of people that lived here. i told her the number and stated that was all i was going to answer because i thought the rest was unconstitutional.

You are under no obligation to give them anything. It is up to them to determine the head count.

Unless you feel you are a slave to the State.

satchelmcqueen
06-03-2010, 11:08 PM
I wonder if they give those workers a list of things to look out for like Gadsden flags and RP signs.

ild almost bet so. i laugh at the thought of some of them seeing the sign and just being like"oh crap". lol

moostraks
06-04-2010, 05:42 AM
ild almost bet so. i laugh at the thought of some of them seeing the sign and just being like"oh crap". lol

LOL! My van is stil ron pauled including the "don't let the media choose think for yourself" in large lettering across the side windows. I thought the same thing about the "oh crap" response from our census worker.

She came out one day and tried my husband. We already had an agency compromise our children's information and informed we weren't going there again.

So she came the next day and tried it on me including giving me the its the law brochure. Once again I informed her the number of people and why were would not comply. She tried to tell us all our information was safe they won't share anything. I said they don't have any better safeguards than the last agency did so no thanks.

Told her to have a nice day but she didn't need to waste her time with any of the speeches of reasons why we should "comply". She looked a bit haggard and said she was getting the not replying to all your questions response a lot and completely understood and agreed!

specialkornflake
06-04-2010, 05:53 AM
Census worker was at my door but I'm always listening to music. I think she's disabled so I didn't hear her knocking. The reason I know this is I saw her at the front office. She left a 'we tried to reach you' note at the door. So I guess they will attempt to contact me 5 more times!

liberalnurse
06-04-2010, 06:28 AM
I also received a "you weren't home" notice and and call this number. I didn't call but a few days later she showed up. I too have a Ron Paul Hope for America, sign on my bannister and flag of the constitution and a garden flag that says Liberty. I greeted her and told her there were 3 of us. She smiled and said, Your not going to tell me anything else, are you?" I smiled and said, "no." Told me to have a nice day and left.

XNavyNuke
06-04-2010, 07:32 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if they're trained to visit homes before adults get home from work to query the kids.

Deltona man accused of accosting Census worker (http://www.news-journalonline.com/breakingnews/2010/06/deltona-man-charged-with-stealing-information-form-from-census-worker.html)

The Census taker went to the Chestnut Court home about 5:30 p.m. Tuesday and spoke with the child. The child provided all the information and as the government employee was leaving, Rivera got home. When he discovered that information had been obtained from his child, Rivera got angry and demanded the census form back, Haught said.

XNN